GDT: #15 Devils vs. Blues / 7:00 PM MSG+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Flyers fan is passed out drunk in section 9.

oh philly

beer-can-guy-2.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Blues are really really good

Yeah and if your effort is lacking even a little against them they'll destroy you, that's what's happening now. Plus Allen's finally found some consistency.

They were probably due for a dip in effort after emotional wins on Friday and Sunday...but it would have been nice to get a result out of this game before being rung up for another L Thursday.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
That wasn't all Merrill on that goal, though. Devils TOTALLY blew the coverage.

1) Merrill took his damn time getting the puck out...and FAILED.

2) Henrique and i think Tootoo, both went after the same guy in the corner (plus another Devils D was close by ), so it was effectively 3 devils on 1 guy in the corner thereby the Blues had a guy and half free.

3) Blues were smart enough to push it to the free side and Merrill was slow covering back.

I actually blame the forwards more than Merrill on that one. When i saw those 2 and a 3rd Devil all bunched up in the corner with only 1 Blue with them, it was already bad news..

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
They look worse then the beginning of the year. Players have disappeared Henrique Cammy Horrible

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Merrill has more value to us than he would in a trade atm. Especially since you'd be taking him out for Gelinas.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Keep in mind they're playing some outstanding defensemen.

Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester

They make a lot of guys look bad.

And Backes is a better Zajac

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I think this is more where we settle. We play some good hockey, but we've got maybe four guys capable of scoring on a semi-consistent basis.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Also, it took until now to activate the d-men to be more aggressive in the offensive zone. They should have way more freedom all game.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Now steve is going to start kissing Blue ass and Dano will start rambling on and on. Enough

GDDevils*

I'm not disappointed in the lack of scoring tonight. I am disappointed in the poor defense though. That's supposed to be one of our only strengths.

Meatwad

Feb 17, 2004
Vancouver
I'm not disappointed in the lack of scoring tonight. I am disappointed in the poor defense though. That's supposed to be one of out only strengths.

Blues were making room past the Devils blueline with a drop pass then driving the slot. The Devils would keep collapsing and give them the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad