Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v4) Next Game: @Pit| Fri, May 2 |7pm ET/4pm PT| B.Morrow vs G.Cole

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
A total firesale at the 60 game mark or so looks like a very real possibility.

Bautista is being wasted on this team. Trade him to some contender for a boatload of good youth.

AA went all in and and unfortunately it didnt work out. Them's the breaks but now its important management realize this team just isnt that good.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Get rid of Morrow. so sick of this garbage pitching staff.

Hey we need to call up an arm....lets call up Chad Jenkins...lets not call up some kids with good stuff.

Sean Nolin and Stroman up now. **** these stupid veteran pitchers.

**** it just let that Jr Jay kid pitch.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Glad I got to start watching just after morrow walked the bases loaded.

I've gotta say my optimism is being crushed over this last week. It's looking like morrow is just finished as a starter

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Bautista is being wasted on this team. Trade him to some contender for a boatload of good youth.

AA went all in and and unfortunately it didnt work out. Them's the breaks but now its important management realize this team just isnt that good.

Unfortunately I'm starting to think this may be neccessary. Sell of whatever you can at peak value. Not much available at that value right now though. Cabrera, Jose and EE hold the most value. Rasmus likely should be moved as well but with his sub 200 average the value isn't there right now

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

I've been thinking about that myself. At what point do you throw the towel in? This team can't win with this starting rotation. It's impossible.

The only pitchers worth keeping in the rotation at this point are Hutch and Buerhle (who should be moved, but his contract makes that tough). Dickey and Morrow need to be gone. McGowan back in the bullpen. It's time for Stroman, Nolin and Drabek (might as well see what you have with him while Sanchez develops) to be in the rotation. Perhaps go with Happ in the rotation for six men to limit the innings of the kids.

Bautista, EE, Colby and Melky need to be traded for prospects to re-stock the system. They should probably move Reyes as well, but his contract will make that more complicated.

Did I miss anything?

Then again, it's still early and things can turn around...

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
AA needs to go back to being an assistant GM. Hires Gibbons, like who brings back a manager that wasnt even good in the first place. Pete Walker needed to be canned yesterday. How he survived last year ill never know.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Get rid of Morrow. so sick of this garbage pitching staff.

Hey we need to call up an arm....lets call up Chad Jenkins...lets not call up some kids with good stuff.

Sean Nolin and Stroman up now. **** these stupid veteran pitchers.

**** it just let that Jr Jay kid pitch.

Look at Jenkins numbers in the majors to date. He's been good in every call up. He came into a tough situation and didn't do well. That happens

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I've been thinking about that myself. At what point do you throw the towel in? This team can't win with this starting rotation. It's impossible.

The only pitchers worth keeping in the rotation at this point are Hutch and Buerhle (who should be moved, but his contract makes that tough). Dickey and Morrow need to be gone. McGowan back in the bullpen. It's time for Stroman, Nolin and Drabek (might as well see what you have with him with Sanchez develops) to be in the rotation. Perhaps go with Happ in the rotation for six men to limit the innings of the kids.

Bautista, EE, Colby and Melky need to be traded for prospects to re-stock the system. They should probably move Reyes as well, but his contract will make that more complicated.

Did I miss anything?

Then again, it's still early and things can turn around...

There is nothing to turn around. Blow it all up and build around Sanchez, Stroman, Hutch, Norris, etc. Good young pitching is the only way this organization sniffs the playoffs. Just wasting some of these hitters with this garbage pitching staff.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Lol, Paul Beeston sitting there looking none too happy.

He needs to go. Big Man on Campus last year when they were throwing money around, making big trades.

The Invisible Man this winter.

His: "We do business like it's 1992" policies are killing this organization. His role needs to be symbolic and nothing more.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This is depressing. When are we ever going to see meaningful baseball in Toronto in September? Now you're looking at close to 30 year playoff drought with another rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad