GDT: #13 - 11/06/16 | jets @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Yes he travels with the team where else would you expect a GM to be?

GM's they live eat and breathe hockey and always on the hunt well at least Chevy does.

Were the jets sitting in the stands watching the the rangers vs Bruins in Boston?

Yes word is he was at the Game last night

Last edited:

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015

I think your all overblowing the fact the Chevy will be there tonight, Trouba has two choices either sign a long term contract with The Winnipeg Jets or sit out of the NHL, that is it.... Trouba will not be traded before the long term contract is signed.....

Heads up Chevy always says the words "its a process" and believe you me when I say a sloth moves faster than our Chevy k.

Your all safe plus who would really trade for Trouba without a long term contract for who really wants to deal with Trouba's agent Kurt Overhardt ....

Its all good so lets enjoy a great hockey game and best of luck this coming Tuesday for I am cheering for "We The People"....

Cheers

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Actually I apologize read that tweet wrong Chevy was in Brooklyn last night.

Jets were in New York waiting for us

Wouldn't take anything out of it

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Don't have the best feeling about this one. They are going to be pretty gassed from 3 games in 4 night. Hank is going to have to be on his game tonight.

I have that same feeling. I feel like playing the Jets doesn't usually go well for us. I'm too lazy to look up stats or past games, but I'm just not feeling it. I don't believe in jinxes, or reverse jinxes, or anything, so I apologize if I'm offending some of you with high sensibilities here but I feel like this will be a poor showing for us and/or someone will be injured.

We're due.

But then Kreider and Zib are due too. And I'm happy to see Clendening getting some time.

edit: I also really do NOT want to give up Skjei or Miller for Trouba at this point. I wanna let the season continue and see where we're at for the TD. I KNOW we need something on D to happen before playoffs, but it's too early and these guys have been showing that they're worth keeping and seeing how far they can go. I have a great feeling about Skjei especially. Having McDonagh/Skjei down the left, with one new righty D... we'd be solid AF.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I think your all overblowing the fact the Chevy will be there tonight, Trouba has two choices either sign a long term contract with The Winnipeg Jets or sit out of the NHL, that is it.... Trouba will not be traded before the long term contract is signed.....

Heads up Chevy always says the words "its a process" and believe you me when I say a sloth moves faster than our Chevy k.

Your all safe plus who would really trade for Trouba without a long term contract for who really wants to deal with Trouba's agent Kurt Overhardt ....

Its all good so lets enjoy a great hockey game and best of luck this coming Tuesday for I am cheering for "We The People"....

Cheers

His choices are the Rangers and Europe. He isn't playing another game for the Jets.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No matter what happens I don't think Trouba is traded until November 30th and it is far from a lock he comes to the Rangers.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
His choices are the Rangers and Europe. He isn't playing another game for the Jets.

Well we agree to disagree and if I am wrong please let me know of it then!

Cheers....

Just wanted to point out that Chevy taking a stand is, in fact, his obligation to do what is right for the team. The thing that most fans of other teams fail to realize is that the Jets have Trouba's NHL rights for 4 more seasons or when he turns 27 in 5 years, whatever occurs first. Having him sit out this year doesn't cost the Jets anything in terms of control. Next year the Jets still control his rights for 4 more seasons. It isn't until Dec. 1 2017 that this team control starts to diminish. So while Trouba's deadline is Dec. 1st of 2016 the Jets deadline is really a year after that. Once we get to Dec. 1 we're already a third of the way through the season and given that, is it really in the Jets best interest to burn up one of their 4 years of control knowing that we'd only get 2/3rds of a season for it? The only way it makes sense is if they start tacking on UFA years.

The Jets won't offer Trouba a bridge deal unless the team they are trading him to want him on a bridge deal. Trouba and Overhardt misplayed their hand and instead of taking the qualifying offer the next 2 seasons and going to arbitration each year ensuring they leave town as a 26 year old top pair RHD and cashing in on a ridiculous contract in the city of their choosing at that point, they decided to try and force the Jets hand to make this happen sooner. Guess what. It isn't going to work. The Jets will be here long after Trouba has retired from the game. If he comes crawling back to talk contract before remembrance day I'd still be reasonable. After that and I'd be ruthless. Only a long term deal at below market value to maximize the trade return. Anything less and he can keep sitting this season.

Ideally he does sign long term and the Jets move him when it suits their needs in a few years. Hopefully something happens in the next week.

Last edited:

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Adammmmmm Clennnndennningggg

AV is actually doing what HF wants this year, it's so bizarre lol

It's only for one game. Clendening will go right back to the press box for another three weeks after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad