GDT: #13 - 11/06/16 | jets @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
This has the feeling of a letdown.
I think that was last night's game, the team mailed it on several fronts but managed to whip the Booins anyways. Kreider & Vesey are due for a wake up, I think that's the benefit of such a talented circular line up - when some guys are down some are up. Hank should be sharp and really what more do you need

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The car guy in me gets a little bit confused everytime I read Chevy and GM in the same sentence :-D

haha that's great. "GM Chevy" is actually correct business wise (not like Ford Audi or something), but not so correct in terms of hockey roster competence :sarcasm:

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Have to imagine Brady is going to get a real good look by Chevy here. I would absolutely hate to trade Brady. He looks so god damn good out there. Every bit of skill and smarts to become a top pairing d man. If we didn't already have McDonagh, Brady would be locked down by Gorts even if Trouba is an upgrade. Hopefully their goaltending situation falls of a cliff and will take Raanta as Talbot 2.0 plus one of our top 6 forwards and perhaps Graves.

Kid is going to be a star. Rangers are 9-3 (and should have won two of the losses), why are we in a rush to trade unless they want to give him away real cheap? We do need an up-grade on defense, we can wait to buy a cheap rental at the deadline. The name of the game is making the playoffs, barring serious injuries no way we miss the playoffs.

Please wait until February or March to re-assess what we need to win it all.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Kid is going to be a star. Rangers are 9-3 (and should have won two of the losses), why are we in a rush to trade unless they want to give him away real cheap? We do need an up-grade on defense, we can wait to buy a cheap rental at the deadline. The name of the game is making the playoffs, barring serious injuries no way we miss the playoffs.

Please wait until February or March to re-assess what we need to win it all.

If we can get this kid for 70 or 80 cents on the dollar (value wise) you do it. 1st pairing D don't grow on trees. The job of the GM is to improve the team. No need to wait until next year if he can do it now.

BearishRiggs

Mar 21, 2013
An injury-ravaged, 5-6-1 Jets team, on our second night of a back to back, and Clendening still can't get in the lineup? :help:

*Bob Richards*

I'm always nervous when we play the Jets...seems like we have a lot of let down games vs them.

It's all relative though. A "let down" game for this team could be only scoring 4 goals. :laugh:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This has the feeling of a letdown.

This is a game the Rangers should win on paper. Going up against a young goalie. Lots of young players and rookies on the other team. Trade speculation swirling around the two teams.

Lundqvist prevents this from being embarrassing. 3-2 Jets. Laine, Connor, and Ehlers with the goals for Jets. Kreider and Zibanejad for the Rangers.

Really kind of does, but I'm going to go the other way.......a lot more like the way that the Blue Jackets and Canadiens game. Yeah that 10-zip score. Rangers with their biggest explosion thus far......reaching the 8 plateau........8-3 good guys. Stepan with 2, Nash handing them a 2goal, 2assist night......McD with his 1st, Pirri (PPG), and Buch getting hot and comfy with 2. That's 8!

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I'm so ****ing confident in this group that tonight will inevitably be a huge letdown game. Predicting loss to a **** team and a no-show from Miller/Skjei.

I'll hope for the best though. I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optometrist.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
This feels like a trap game. Gotta be careful with the lead, Jets are making a name for themselves as a comeback team. They've erased THRE third period three goal deficits which is insane.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Yes he travels with the team where else would you expect a GM to be?

GM's they live eat and breathe hockey and always on the hunt well at least Chevy does.

Well, don't think the Jets went all the way to Boston then to New York.

But, I think he was at the Isles game last night which would make more sense. Staple is the Isles beat writer.

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 23h23 hours ago
WPG GM Kevin Cheveldayoff in attendance tonight. Jets play NYR tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad