WPG: 5-6-1_______________NYR: 9-3-0

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, SN, SN360

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@WPG 12/18/15 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - JETS.com
Larry Brooks - NYDN - Rangers Report - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE:

novemberschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

Grabs might be one of the best penalty killers I’ve ever seen.
The way he skates, the way he sees the ice, it’s so hard to be that good.
- Derek Stepan

It’s my dream. I think of my dad and mom. They enjoy. No sleep. They watch every game.
It was a good pass to me. I just close my eyes and shoot. It was a long time without a goal. No good for me.
- Pavel Buchnevich

I’m not trying to explain it. I’m just enjoying it. I think Grabner is, too.
You see that speed, it just pushes the defense back.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="WINNIPEG JETS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 12 | GF | 32
W | 5 | GA | 36
L | 6 | GF/G | 2.67
OTL | 1 | GA/G | 3.00
Pts | 11 | PIM/G | 9:04
HOME | 3-4-0 | PP% | 10.9
AWAY | 2-2-1 | PK% | 81.8
L10 | 4-5-1 | FO% | 44.3
STREAK | W1 | S/O | 0-0

Division | 4th
Conference | 8th
League | 22nd

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Patrik Laine | 7 Assists | Dustin Byfuglien | 8 Points | Mark Scheifele | 12 + / - | Mark Scheifele | +4 Shots | Blake Wheeler | 40 Hits | Dustin Byfuglien | 34 Blocks | Dustin Byfuglien | 21 PIM | Blake Wheeler | 12 FO% | Mathieu Perreault | 51.3 TOI/G F: | Mark Scheifele | 21:08 TOI/G D: | Dustin Byfuglien | 28:57

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
nikolaj EHLERS | mark SCHEIFELE (A) | blake WHEELER (C)
brandon TANEV | alex BURMISTROV | kyle CONNOR
nicolas PETAN | adam LOWRY | patrik LAINE
marko DANO | andrew COPP | chris THORBURN

LD | RD
josh MORRISSEY | dustin BYFUGLIEN (A)
toby ENSTROM | paul POSTMA
julian MELCHIORI | ben CHIAROT

Scratched
joel ARMIA |
mathieu PERREAULT |

STARTING GOALIE:

Hellebuyck-Connor3.png

Connor Hellebuyck

GPI: 7 | W: 3 | L: 3 | OT: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% .913 | GAA: 2.69 | SA: 195 | GA: 17 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Mark Stuart | Lower body (DTD)
Tyler Myers | Lower body (DTD)
Shawn Matthias | Lower body (IR)
Drew Stafford | Upper body (IR)
Bryan Little | Lower body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 12 | GF | 50
W | 9 | GA | 27
L | 3 | GF/G | 4.17
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 2.25
Pts | 18 | PIM/G | 6:09
HOME | 7-1-0 | PP% | 22.7
AWAY | 2-2-0 | PK% | 82.3
L10 | 8-2-0 | FO% | 50.7
STREAK | W4 | S/O | 0-0

Division | 1st
Conference | 2nd
League | 2nd

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Michael Grabner | 7 Assists | McDonagh, Stepan | 9 Points | J.T. Miller | 12 + / - | Hayes, Miller | +11 Shots | Rick Nash | 38 Hits | Jesper Fast | 23 Blocks | Kevin Klein | 23 PIM | Jesper Fast | 8 FO% | Oscar Lindberg | 59.4 TOI/G F: | Mats Zuccarello | 18:44 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 24:16

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
chris KREIDER | mika ZIBANEJAD | mats ZUCCARELLO
jimmy VESEY | derek STEPAN (A) | rick NASH (A)
mike GRABNER | kevin HAYES | j.t. MILLER
pavel BUCHNEVICH | brandon PIRRI | jesper FAST

LD | RD
ryan MCDONAGH (C) | dan GIRARDI (A)
marc STAAL (A) | nick HOLDEN
brady SKJEI | kevin KLEIN

Scratched
adam CLENDENING |
oscar LINDBERG |

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 9 | W: 6 | L: 3 | OT: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% .913 | GAA: 2.24 | SA: 230 | GA: 20 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Josh Jooris | Shoulder (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboys5.png

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hoping for a good game. Jets seem to have a habit of falling behind in the first two periods, but then turning the dial up to 11 in the third and tying the game from there.

Let's hope our buys aren't too tired from last night.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Don't have the best feeling about this one. They are going to be pretty gassed from 3 games in 4 night. Hank is going to have to be on his game tonight.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
This will be our 6th game in 9 nights i believe.

don't know why everyone was whining about last night. we can't be absolute speed demons out there every game and we still got the job done.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Logic for the win. There are going to be games where the Rangers are going to be actually tired...yet so many fail to grasp this concept. Ever go to the gym and you simply don't have it in you? No matter how mentally prepared you are?

Personally? I love reading the panic and reactionary comments when the Rangers don't put up 5 or actually lose a game.:popcorn:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Logic for the win. There are going to be games where the Rangers are going to be actually tired...yet so many fail to grasp this concept. Ever go to the gym and you simply don't have it in you? No matter how mentally prepared you are?

Personally? I love reading the panic and reactionary comments when the Rangers don't put up 5 or actually lose a game.:popcorn:

That's just an urban myth.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Have to imagine Brady is going to get a real good look by Chevy here. I would absolutely hate to trade Brady. He looks so god damn good out there. Every bit of skill and smarts to become a top pairing d man. If we didn't already have McDonagh, Brady would be locked down by Gorts even if Trouba is an upgrade. Hopefully their goaltending situation falls of a cliff and will take Raanta as Talbot 2.0 plus one of our top 6 forwards and perhaps Graves.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Have to imagine Brady is going to get a real good look by Chevy here. I would absolutely hate to trade Brady. He looks so god damn good out there. Every bit of skill and smarts to become a top pairing d man. If we didn't already have McDonagh, Brady would be locked down by Gorts even if Trouba is an upgrade. Hopefully their goaltending situation falls of a cliff and will take Raanta as Talbot 2.0 plus one of our top 6 forwards and perhaps Graves.

Sucks that he's even being mentioned in trade talk but if we do (and I hope we don't ) Trouba better ****ing be a beast in New York! And it better be a straight up trade with at most a 4th or 5th being added.
I could be mistaken but I believe that the Jets have few young goalies in their system who they believe in (hellebuyck and Hutchinson) so they will probably will live with the ups and downs of developing a young goalie.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Have to admit I don't want Trouba at this point, we have 3 solid lines, I'd like to keep it that way, and Brady is really showing improvement and a tremendous skater.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Think AV is absolutely doing the right thing playing Bush on the 4th line, keeping ice time to 10+ minutes. That way he'll have time to get adjusted to the smaller rink and everything else that's different to what he's used to.

Skjei is improving from game to game, really exciting to watch him.

It's quite a different team this year, when scoring is the way to bail us out when we're not on top of our game. Really strong game by Stepan last game.

We need to win this game, Jet are a really bad team with so many players out for injuries.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Have to admit I don't want Trouba at this point, we have 3 solid lines, I'd like to keep it that way, and Brady is really showing improvement and a tremendous skater.

I'm with you - I don't want Trouba anymore (not for what they want, anyways). If they'll take picks and a couple prospects, sure, but they missed their chance. Rangers can manage with what we have plus whatever Gorts can swing at the deadline

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Think AV is absolutely doing the right thing playing Bush on the 4th line, keeping ice time to 10+ minutes. That way he'll have time to get adjusted to the smaller rink and everything else that's different to what he's used to.

Skjei is improving from game to game, really exciting to watch him.

It's quite a different team this year, when scoring is the way to bail us out when we're not on top of our game. Really strong game by Stepan last game.

We need to win this game, Jet are a really bad team with so many players out for injuries.
Thing is Buchnevich is actually getting plenty of icetime. He's getting 15:04 a night and playing on the 1st PP unit.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Can't let down here. Two games coming up with two teams that we should beat in Winnipeg and Vancouver. Develop a nice cushion and have a good run before shooting out to Western Canada.

My plan this year to burn my vacation time was to the travel and follow the team from Calgary > Edmonton > Vancouver. Never came to fruition. Will have to do that one year.

LGR

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Can't let down here. Two games coming up with two teams that we should beat in Winnipeg and Vancouver. Develop a nice cushion and have a good run before shooting out to Western Canada.

My plan this year to burn my vacation time was to the travel and follow the team from Calgary > Edmonton > Vancouver. Never came to fruition. Will have to do that one year.

LGR

100% worth it if you can do it. Vancouver is absolutely gorgeous. Calgary is fun, and Edmonton is up and coming with a brand new building.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
100% worth it if you can do it. Vancouver is absolutely gorgeous. Calgary is fun, and Edmonton is up and coming with a brand new building.
Plus the mall has submarines. But yes Vancouver is appallingly beautiful, oh and the food is crazy good.

LGR
Domestic flights in Canada can be on the expensive side FYI. Unfeasible for a short vacation but the drive from Vancouver to Calgary is beautiful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad