Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Give me a retained Laine on a 'prove it' contract and completed rehab. I'd do 7x7 on Lindholm because of how he played in the playoffs for Vancouver and the rising salary cap.

Can you sign a Patrick Kane for cheap?

OR

You hold off on everything and see what is going on with Draisaitl. Something is up there and the guys above (minus Lindholm) can still be added without filling the cap up and losing assets.

In fact, I'd be curious to see what a Laine (getting DeBrusk money) and Kane (getting Shattenkirk & JVR & Forbert's money) would bring to the table before even signing Lindholm to wait and see what Edmonton does with Draisaitl.

If he tells them, 'I'm not resigning here' then you have the biggest name in the market available at the C position since Joe Thornton. Karma.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
The cap this summer has risen to $88M.

If you assume that the cap a year from now is $94M, summer of 2026 is $100M, summer of 2027 is $106 to 107M and summer of 2028 is $113 to $115M, how does that change your thinking about how high we should go this summer to sign players?

Does it change your thinking about Draisaitl for next summer?

And no, those numbers are not unreasonable. A little optimistic, maybe, but not unreasonable.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Trading Ullmark for a retained Laine $5,000,000 x 2. (If this doesn't work for Ullmark's NTC, then I would trade them exactly what you get from the team to get CLB to send him with retention down to $5,000,000).
Signing Swayman for $7,000,000 x 7.
Signing Bussi for $1,200,000 x 2.
Singing Kane for $3,000,000 x 2.
Singing OEL or Dillon for $2,500,000 x2.
Singing Maroon for $800,000 x1.

Here's the roster with only one trade, the rest UFA signings and $6,700,000 still in cap space.

Still room to not sign Kane or Maroon and sign Lindholm OR trade one of the C in part of the Draisatil offer (assuming Lohrei would also be going).

I'd prefer to sign Lindholm $7,000,000 for 7 years and skip out on Dillon / OEL and still have about $2,200,000 in cap space. Would also mean a C or 4th line guy has to go and Lindholm gets Laine and Pastrnak while Zacha goes to the third line.

You could also simply put Zacha back to RW on the 2nd line and skip signing Kane altogether and go for Lindholm.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 5.17.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 5.17.19 PM.png
    553.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Trading Ullmark for a retained Laine $5,000,000 x 2. (If this doesn't work for Ullmark's NTC, then I would trade them exactly what you get from the team to get CLB to send him with retention down to $5,000,000).
Signing Swayman for $7,000,000 x 7.
Signing Bussi for $1,200,000 x 2.
Singing Lindholm for $7,000,000 x 7.
Singing OEL or Dillon for $2,500,000 x2.
Singing Maroon for $800,000 x1.

$2,700,000 in cap hit leftover.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 5.43.39 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 5.43.39 PM.png
    530.2 KB · Views: 2

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Year after, yet another C moves to the wing in Coyle and you offer Draisaitl the best contract he'll ever get to sign.

Suddenly, the Bruins top two C this run are great 200 foot wingers on the 2nd and 3rd lines with Marchand signing a 35+ small deal to be on the third line.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Year after, yet another C moves to the wing in Coyle and you offer Draisaitl the best contract he'll ever get to sign.

Suddenly, the Bruins top two C this run are great 200 foot wingers on the 2nd and 3rd lines with Marchand signing a 35+ small deal to be on the third line.
There’s a less than zero chance that Draisaitl ever makes it to UFA. Either he resigns or is traded and signed - and unless we’re giving up Pasta it’s not going to be to us.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Growing up on the truly mean streets of north Lawrence (wasn’t a south Lawrence softie, sharing a border with the Andovers)

I learned one thing.

Every fight you avoid is a win because there’s always the chance that what starts as a one on one fist fight often ends much differently.

😉😂
One time I fought a guy outside the bar and we ended up on the hood of a taxicab who promptly slammed it in reverse and created a different take on a travelling circus

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
He’s in Detroit I’ll be in Charlestown

Glorydaze going wants me to invite Sarge

I’m more Lionel Ritchie ‘easy like Sunday morning’ unfortunately Joe is like Crazy Joe Davola and looks at Sarge as Jerry.

Men definitely don’t want to be me since I can barely dress myself
Dan, You sure it's not sunday bloody sunday?

Reactions: DKH

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
If you think there is a chance Draisaitl is in fact going to be available this summer and Edmonton would want Ullmark and Lohrei as part of that package, do you hold off all trade talks for Ullmark until Edmonton is done for the year? How long do you wait?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Just looking at the last two Cup winners alone and how many 'reclamation projects' there are on those rosters is insane.

Florida:

Bennett
Verhaeghe
Rodrigues
Cousins
Lomberg
Lorentz
Okposo
Tarasenko
Forsling
Ekman-Larsson
Kulikov

So many of these guys at one point were dropped by their team, not valued in a trade, making close to league minimum or had a 'questionable' reputation and 'work ethic'.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
If you think there is a chance Draisaitl is in fact going to be available this summer and Edmonton would want Ullmark and Lohrei as part of that package, do you hold off all trade talks for Ullmark until Edmonton is done for the year? How long do you wait?

NHL insider Frank Seravalli of the Daily Faceoff reported that the Oilers are set to sign Leon Draisaitl, Connor McDavid, and Evan Bouchard for a combined annual salary of $40 million. Seravalli relayed to the host of Oilers Now and the team’s color commentator, Bob Stauffer, that talks are underway.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They can say they are set to sign them all but if one of them doesn't want to spend the next 8 years and rest of their careers in Edmonton then its a moot point.

People thought the Leafs spending $40,000,000 on four guys was bad and poor cap management, Oilers trump that with same amount for 3.
Yeah but it’s Draisaitl and McDavid not Marner and Tavares

Reactions: ylekot and Gordoff

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
They can say they are set to sign them all but if one of them doesn't want to spend the next 8 years and rest of their careers in Edmonton then its a moot point.

People thought the Leafs spending $40,000,000 on four guys was bad and poor cap management, Oilers trump that with same amount for 3.
Not saying it will happen; but there's movement in one direction.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Just looking at the last two Cup winners alone and how many 'reclamation projects' there are on those rosters is insane.

Florida:

Bennett
Verhaeghe
Rodrigues
Cousins
Lomberg
Lorentz
Okposo
Tarasenko
Forsling
Ekman-Larsson
Kulikov

So many of these guys at one point were dropped by their team, not valued in a trade, making close to league minimum or had a 'questionable' reputation and 'work ethic'.
Best GM in the game.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Honestly, not sure why Buffalo would do this. They have bigger issues than net. UPL was amazing once he got the net (Start of 2024) and Levi was amazing in the AHL. Probably best to get a solid vet backup than go for a Vezina winner and create a backlog.

I still see Colorado, NJ, OTT, LA as the main teams that would be interested. Probably missing someone. Then who knows where Ullmark would wave for.

Reactions: Blowfish

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Honestly, not sure why Buffalo would do this. They have bigger issues than net. UPL was amazing once he got the net (Start of 2024) and Levi was amazing in the AHL. Probably best to get a solid vet backup than go for a Vezina winner and create a backlog.

I still see Colorado, NJ, OTT, LA as the main teams that would be interested. Probably missing someone. Then who knows where Ullmark would wave for.
I would assume they are exhausting options on the teams that are not on his NTC. Gotta hope one of them is goalie deprived. Colorado for the 1 just makes too much sense. They can't waste Nate's years with Georgiev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad