Prospect Info: 12th Overall 2024 Draft, LHD Zeev Buium

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Ins
Spurgeon has never been a babysitter. He's the one that needs the babysitter.
Insert eyeroll. Get you hate his deal. The amount of D partners he's had over his career that have poor results you can count on one hand.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not sure who wrote this analysis but this is something you love to read

He has game breaking potential and looks like a potential star No. 1 defenseman in the NHL who will put up big numbers.

Pick grade: A+

Thoughts on the pick: Buium is exactly what the Wild need. He’s a dynamic defenseman who is one of the smartest players in the draft and carried Denver to a title. He has the potential to be a top pair/PP1 defender for the Wild and provides some star upside they don’t have a ton of in their organization.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Interesting to see Pronman speculating that Buium could be one of the few NHL ready guys in the draft:

Which of the prospects in the upcoming draft are NHL-ready? — Grant R.

Celebrini is a guy who is ready to go on Day 1 for sure. I think other players like Levshunov, Buium and, theoretically, Anton Silayev (who is signed in the KHL for two more years) could make the jump, but whether it’s in their best interest depends on how they look at camp and/or if they go back to school.

Reactions: Minnesota

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
About as close to it we could get aside from Gaborik I think.
The last time the fanbase was this united was in their dislike of the Stramel pick

Wasn't Rossi fairly unanimous? Or was that just select few people willing it to existence?
Not really, there were more than a few people who wanted Lundell. Boldy had Caufield and Newhook to compete against. I haven't seen one single person here dislike the pick or express an interest in someone else instead yet.

Reactions: BagHead

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The last time the fanbase was this united was in their dislike of the Stramel pick

Not really, there were more than a few people who wanted Lundell. Boldy had Caufield and Newhook to compete against. I haven't seen one single person here dislike the pick or express an interest in someone else instead yet.
I personally was on the Eiserman train. Just wanted that pure goal scorer. We've got plenty of 2 way in our lineup.

But I'm not sad about the pick

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Ins

Insert eyeroll. Get you hate his deal. The amount of D partners he's had over his career that have poor results you can count on one hand.

Scandella, Suter, Goli (failed for half a season and resulted in trading for), Middleton. Those are his regular partners. All of them, besides Goli, are the stay at home defensive type of d-men. His regualr partners also all stayed healthy so Spurgeon hasn't been cycling through any replacement players.

He's also had Brodin sporadically, but it hasn't lasted long enough to really get much of an impression.

Who is the last U-25 d-man Spurgeon spent any time with, Scandella maybe? Middleton didn't have many games, so there is that I guess, but they also played sheltered minutes against the weakest competition 5v5.

• Haha
Reactions: Spurgeon

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Scandella, Suter, Goli (failed for half a season and resulted in trading for), Middleton. Those are his regular partners. All of them, besides Goli, are the stay at home defensive type of d-men. His regualr partners also all stayed healthy so Spurgeon hasn't been cycling through any replacement players.

He's also had Brodin sporadically, but it hasn't lasted long enough to really get much of an impression.

Who is the last U-25 d-man Spurgeon spent any time with, Scandella maybe? Middleton didn't have many games, so there is that I guess, but they also played sheltered minutes against the weakest competition 5v5.
Not his fault he was the best RD on a team with prime/late prime Ryan Suter, and was Suter's preferred partner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad