Prospect Info: #129 Arseny Gritsyuk RW

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
That would be crazy to me, but I guess it depends what kind of deal he’s asking for.
What is so crazy there? We signed McDermid for three years. And you don't wanna give 2-3mil for one year to Gritsyuk when he is young, successful, with track record? Yeah, way to much crazy, too many young and high talented forwards in our pipeline as alternatives to risk this way.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
What is so crazy there? We signed McDermid for three years. And you don't wanna give 2-3mil for one year to Gritsyuk when he is young, successful, with track record? Yeah, way to much crazy, too many young and high talented forwards in our pipeline as alternatives to risk this way.
You have no idea if that’s what he wants. If that’s what it is, sure, not much different than the ELC scale. No way they should give him more than that unproven outside the KHL.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
isn't Gritsyuk's contract capped at a certain amount? I don't think they can just give him whatever they want.....

The ELC length/amount is capped, but part of the negotiation will be whether the contract gets registered for 2024-25.

18-21: 3 year ELC
22-23: 2 year ELC
(for Europeans) 24-28: 1 year ELC

I'm sure the Devils would rather have the ELC start in 2025-26, but burning the ELC might just be the price of luring him over.

He was a little bit older, but it could be a similar situation to when Nikita Gusev signed with Vegas in spring 2019. Gusev signed his 1 year ELC and it kicked in immediately. Gusev showed up for a couple practices as Vegas was in the midst of its opening round series against San Jose.

Gusev was that RFA that offseason but didn't have the service time required to be eligible for an offer sheet. So Gusev was in a stalemate with Vegas who didn't have a ton of cap space. Gusev had some leverage in that he could just go back to the KHL. Eventually Vegas dealt him and Gusev signed 2 x 4.5 mil without any NHL experience.

I would expect Gritsyuk's camp to push to burn the mandatory ELC year in 2024-25 and get some guaranteed money in 2025-26.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
The ELC length/amount is capped, but part of the negotiation will be whether the contract gets registered for 2024-25.

18-21: 3 year ELC
22-23: 2 year ELC
(for Europeans) 24-28: 1 year ELC

I'm sure the Devils would rather have the ELC start in 2025-26, but burning the ELC might just be the price of luring him over.

He was a little bit older, but it could be a similar situation to when Nikita Gusev signed with Vegas in spring 2019. Gusev signed his 1 year ELC and it kicked in immediately. Gusev showed up for a couple practices as Vegas was in the midst of its opening round series against San Jose.

Gusev was that RFA that offseason but didn't have the service time required to be eligible for an offer sheet. So Gusev was in a stalemate with Vegas who didn't have a ton of cap space. Gusev had some leverage in that he could just go back to the KHL. Eventually Vegas dealt him and Gusev signed 2 x 4.5 mil without any NHL experience.

I would expect Gritsyuk's camp to push to burn the mandatory ELC year in 2024-25 and get some guaranteed money in 2025-26.
I also expect Gritsyuk to have the leverage to burn his ELC this year even without playing and signing a short term RFA deal that starts next year.

ELC age is weird since it’s based on the calendar year of signing while most other things are based on the league year.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
You have no idea if that’s what he wants. If that’s what it is, sure, not much different than the ELC scale. No way they should give him more than that unproven outside the KHL.
He is maximum proven for a player outside NHL. He is very talented, young, productive and can skate as opposed to Gusev. And he doesnt have any real arguments for asking more. So no, I have ideas what he wants and Im translating it here. I did it before, I did it quite well closer to what was going on, so I will continue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad