Prospect Info: #129 Arseny Gritsyuk RW

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'm more excited for him than Casey in all honesty, think he's the last piece for our forward core and he'd excel with Jack

I'm definitely more excited for Gritsyuk over Lenni but I won't go that far as Seamus is my guy. David and Goliath are still my top 2 but yeah Gritsyuk and Bratt as a winger duo is going to go hard. Bratt-Jack-Gritsyuk and Timo-Nico-Mercer is going to be a very nice top 6. I'm very curious if Gritsyuk ends up being a legit top 6 caliber guy or more of a 3rd liner/middle 6er with the talent to compliment stars. I don't really have any doubts he won't at least be like a middle 6er

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'm definitely more excited for Gritsyuk over Lenni but I won't go that far as Seamus is my guy. David and Goliath are still my top 2 but yeah Gritsyuk and Bratt as a winger duo is going to go hard. Bratt-Jack-Gritsyuk and Timo-Nico-Mercer is going to be a very nice top 6. I'm very curious if Gritsyuk ends up being a legit top 6 caliber guy or more of a 3rd liner/middle 6er with the talent to compliment stars. I don't really have any doubts he won't at least be like a middle 6er

I think Seamus is gonna be the better player but Gritsyuk gives the Devils a higher ceiling if he's good, if that makes sense, lol

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I think Seamus is gonna be the better player but Gritsyuk gives the Devils a higher ceiling if he's good, if that makes sense, lol

I think they'd both have a similar type of impact in that regard as they'll both be more secondary pieces but even then I'd still give Casey the edge there. Jack will do his thing regardless of if Gritsyuk is there or not and especially if Mercer can be that 3rd guy to Timo-Nico and Jack can get Bratt full time. I don't think Gritsyuk will really elevate their games. I think they'd elevate him but I think they'd do that with a lot of guys. I think Casey would have at least a similar impact on Silayev if not a greater one than Gritsyuk would on the stars up front. On top of that a top 4 puck moving RD is a lot harder to find than a complimentary top 6 scorer. Just think of the complimentary top 6ers that were out there this summer that went for nothing. Skinner 3 mil for a year, Arvidsson 4 mil for 2, Duclair 3.5 for 4. That's a much more plentiful archetype

If we still had Marino I might be more inclined to agree because while I think Casey is perfect for Silayev I think Marino might be even more perfect because good f***ing luck scoring on that pair (obviously assuming Marino doesn't suck going forward which I don't think he will) and Marino's one of the best puck moving D in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think they'd both have a similar type of impact in that regard as they'll both be more secondary pieces. Jack will do his thing regardless of if Gritsyuk is there or not and especially if Mercer can be that 3rd guy to Timo-Nico and Jack can get Bratt full time. I don't think Gritsyuk will really elevate their games. I think they'd elevate him but I think they'd do that with a lot of guys. I think Casey would have at least a similar impact on Silayev than Gritsyuk would on the stars up front and also a top 4 puck moving RD is a lot harder to find than a complimentary top 6 scorer. Just think of the complimentary top 6ers that were out there this summer that went for nothing. Skinner 3 mil for a year, Arvidsson 4 mil for 2, Duclair 3.5 for 4.

If we still had Marino I might be more inclined to agree because while I think Casey is perfect for Silayev I think Marino might be even more perfect because good f***ing luck scoring on that pair (obviously assuming Marino doesn't suck going forward which I don't think he will) and Marino's one of the best puck moving D in the league.
As the recent photos conclusively prove Casey is only about 4’11”. As a result he will now go behind Hutson in the redraft and can’t play in thr NHL because the league has outlawed platform skates.

• Love
Reactions: Guadana and Xirik

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I'm not going to have to re-start the prospect polls so we can vote him higher, am I?
I think 2nd-3rd spot is reasonable for him. He is more proven on better level than Casey, he doesn't have big questions about his size and competition for his role. But still we heard some questions from him about his future and some misunderstanding, so its reasonable to have Casey higher, who was already signed. And I think Casey will adapt well - he is much better skater than Smith or Walsh or Butcher, he was more involved in defensive responsibilities, his potential play with some defensive names we have as NHL players or as prospects give me more hope in his future.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I wonder if SKA might be willing to terminate his contract early for our (hopefully) playoff run? He did sign for the second year, when presumably he could have signed for just one and moved to Jersey this upcoming season.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I wonder if SKA might be willing to terminate his contract early for our (hopefully) playoff run? He did sign for the second year, when presumably he could have signed for just one and moved to Jersey this upcoming season.

They’ll likely be in the middle of their own playoff run.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
GOALLLLLLL! Very Lenni goal too. Found open space behind defenders at the back post and knocked in the rebound.

Bardakov with the assist. He’s the one who drove the net and created the rebound. Great shit on that one Fitz! Trade the one actual center prospect you have for a f***ing goon

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
GOALLLLLLL! Very Lenni goal too. Found open space behind defenders at the back post and knocked in the rebound.

Bardakov with the assist. He’s the one who drove the net and created the rebound. Great shit on that one Fitz! Trade the one actual center prospect you have for a f***ing goon
Yeah, it’s really hard to watch him after the trade. He is a hockey player of NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad