Prospect Info: #129 Arseny Gritsyuk RW

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
He actually took a big pay cut this year so the team could sign other players.

I don’t know if this is because he wants to win it all in his final year or because his team strong armed him into it; either way it points towards him seeing his future in the NHL next year.

But does that pay cut still leave him making more than NJ can sign him for? Can someone help us out here.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Ya he can make $950k plus bonuses; I didn’t check if the ELC level goes up next year but it will be in that ballpark.

So more than the $700k he was making and way more than the $140k he’s making now.
Thank you!

On a 1-way he makes that $950k in the AHL or the NHL and the devils have to apply the obligatory amount to the cap. So, if $$$ is bothering him AHL or NHL is the same. Either way a lot more than he's getting now.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

I don’t know if this is because he wants to win it all in his final year or because his team strong armed him into it; either way it points towards him seeing his future in the NHL next year.

I don’t think they could strong arm him into it against his will considering we’ve very recently seen 2 guys buy themselves out of SKA. He could’ve done the same. Him accepting the pay cut to me seems like him wanting to stay and win this year. Otherwise I don’t really see why he’d just stay when if he decided to buy himself out and come over he’d still be making over 800k after the buyout

Reactions: My3Sons

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Honestly i think the more he and/or the Devils wait to bring him over, the better (within reason, of course). He’ll need as little runway as possible and he’ll be cheap as hell against the cap. He’ll be the perfect plug and play addition after (hopefully) a lot of the chaff gets sorted out this season.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Ya he can make $950k plus bonuses; I didn’t check if the ELC level goes up next year but it will be in that ballpark.

So more than the $700k he was making and way more than the $140k he’s making now.
FWIW, I "THINK* his KHL salary is tax free, which makes it a bit closer.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Honestly i think the more he and/or the Devils wait to bring him over, the better (within reason, of course). He’ll need as little runway as possible and he’ll be cheap as hell against the cap. He’ll be the perfect plug and play addition after (hopefully) a lot of the chaff gets sorted out this season.

Well it depends on if we end up bringing him in this year. If we do then that ELC year is gone. With the KHL season changes though we likely won’t be able to bring him in this year

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Well it depends on if we end up bringing him in this year. If we do then that ELC year is gone. With the KHL season changes though we likely won’t be able to bring him in this year
Something tells me that is the sticking point. Gritsyuk probably wants to burn his ELC at the end of thr season and NJ wants one year of an ELC to help with the cap. Given his KHL contract what he’d earn as a rookie isn’t bad. If he has a half way decent season he’d probably get something close to $2 mil as a rookie and then be eligible for the RFA deal. That’s hardly a disaster.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I'd have to dig up a couple examples, but I was under the impression that the ELC year could be burned as long as the contract is registered for the current season. I believe the first year of Kirill Kaprizov's two year ELC was burned this way without him playing, but that was during one the pandemic years. Somebody like Joey Anderson was able to burn a season without playing in a game. I forget if Anderson signed before/after the Devils lost in the opening round in 2018.

If Gritsyuk is able to burn his ELC, the next contract could be tricky. Similar boat with Nikita Gusev and Vegas in the 2019 offseason. Gusev didn't have the service time to have offer sheet or arbitration rights, but he had the option of going back to the KHL. Vegas decided to deal him since they didn't have cap space. I feel like we could just use Tomas Tatar's money to give to Gritsyuk, but we'll see what kind of season Gritsyuk has this year.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I'd have to dig up a couple examples, but I was under the impression that the ELC year could be burned as long as the contract is registered for the current season.
I think my reading last year for Casey led me to believe you could sign a guy and burn a year despite playing no games as long as the contract was signed before the NHL year ended and you paid out the signing bonus in the same year.

ELC burning was one part of the CBA that actually seemed almost vague in its examples, it didn’t seem to cover all situations, but that’s how it read to me. The CBA is normally very exacting so this part having arguably open questions is a little odd.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

That is a monster pay cut, from a surprisingly low starting point.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
It’s wild that players that were drafted the same year and year after Gritsyuk have finished their ELCs and signed freaking offer sheets with other teams and we’re still waiting for him to come over.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It’s wild that players that were drafted the same year and year after Gritsyuk have finished their ELCs and signed freaking offer sheets with other teams and we’re still waiting for him to come over.
In which workd its wild. He is fifth rounder and he was drafted year before Nikishin. There were a couple of players like Panarin(who wasn't even drafted), Gusev, Kaprizov, Shestyorkin, Sorokin, Gavrikov who played some years in KHL.
Is it wild to see how water become snow water turns into snow and falls from the sky in frozen form three months a year, although before that it rained?

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
GOATs on the top line today

In which workd its wild. He is fifth rounder and he was drafted year before Nikishin. There were a couple of players like Panarin(who wasn't even drafted), Gusev, Kaprizov, Shestyorkin, Sorokin, Gavrikov who played some years in KHL.
Is it wild to see how water become snow water turns into snow and falls from the sky in frozen form three months a year, although before that it rained?

Yeah it’s not really crazy. I mean he could’ve came over last year and already would’ve cracked the lineup but this isn’t abnormal

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Poor Gritsyuk doesnt know he isnt free. Big Brother is working really hard.

GOATs on the top line today

Yeah it’s not really crazy. I mean he could’ve came over 2 years ago and already would’ve cracked the lineup but this isn’t abnormal

Yeah I think he could win a roster spot. He would decide to develop his game more naturally and I believe that was what he really wanted. Wedding, born of his baby. He solved a lot of problems in home state, now he has enough insurance, more proven name etc so he can ask for burning ELC if he wanted and if he will not click in NHL - he will came back as a more proven more interesting player.
I have people who has connections with agents and players and some of them are not very exciting about AHL, how is everything is going on there and how much opportunity players really have to play in NHL from there. As I understand some of them are thinking that often its mostly the same if you are playing away from AHL and than you are playing well in camp and win a roster spot. But if you dont - more realistically you will play full year for small amount of money. in pretty average not friendly circumstances etc. You must understand that this is not a direct speech, I am only conveying the idea conveyed to me by third or fourth parties.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Poor Gritsyuk doesnt know he isnt free. Big Brother is working really hard.

Yeah I think he could win a roster spot. He would decide to develop his game more naturally and I believe that was what he really wanted. Wedding, born of his baby. He solved a lot of problems in home state, now he has enough insurance, more proven name etc so he can ask for burning ELC if he wanted and if he will not click in NHL - he will came back as a more proven more interesting player.
I have people who has connections with agents and players and some of them are not very exciting about AHL, how is everything is going on there and how much opportunity players really have to play in NHL from there. As I understand some of them are thinking that often its mostly the same if you are playing away from AHL and than you are playing well in camp and win a roster spot. But if you dont - more realistically you will play full year for small amount of money. in pretty average not friendly circumstances etc. You must understand that this is not a direct speech, I am only conveying the idea conveyed to me by third or fourth parties.
What do you think is his likely outcome? 2nd-3rd line scorer? 35-50 points, PP2?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
What do you think is his likely outcome? 2nd-3rd line scorer? 35-50 points, PP2?
35 points would be disapointment. But may be if he will not have normal center on the third line - it could be an outcome.
I think he should play with top line centers or with really good third line center. Of course its not that hard to understand that if he will fit with Hughes he will have much more points than if he will play with Haula or even with Lazar.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
35 points would be disapointment. But may be if he will not have normal center on the third line - it could be an outcome.
I think he should play with top line centers or with really good third line center. Of course its not that hard to understand that if he will fit with Hughes he will have much more points than if he will play with Haula or even with Lazar.
Feels like Haula has rarely played Center for the 3rd line for his entire time here. Always stuck with Hughes.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

What are the rules around ELC bonuses for russian guys?

I thought the amounts were determined by draft slot, but is it different for russians coming over late?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
What are the rules around ELC bonuses for russian guys?

I thought the amounts were determined by draft slot, but is it different for russians coming over late?
ELCs are based on age, so the dollar amount and lengths don’t differ for the overseas guys compared to the North American guys.

Russian guys sometimes come over as “old” for a prospect so can end up with a 1 or 2 year ELC rather than than the more regular 3 year.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
ELCs are based on age, so the dollar amount and lengths don’t differ for the overseas guys compared to the North American guys.

Russian guys sometimes come over as “old” for a prospect so can end up with a 1 or 2 year ELC rather than than the more regular 3 year.
Not asking about term. Arseni's will be 1 year guaranteed based on his age.

I'm asking about bonus amounts.

I know there's a max 1 mill in type A (max 250k per bonus) and max 2.5 mill in type B.

Usually only the highly drafted guys get lots of bonuses negotiated in. But if there's no actual rules outlining it, Arseni definitely has leverage to ask for some performance bonuses in order to come over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad