GDT: 12/23/14 - 7:30PM EDT -Pittsburgh VS Tampa Bay

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The 1st line have a hard time keeping the puck going and keep giving it away.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
"I've met my quota for good plays tonight so I'll just do this..."

Like... okay, you have a screen in front and no real pressure on you. Here are your options.

a) Slapshot - hope it gets through traffic or gets tipped on the way through or gives up a nice rebound - it creates chaos. Good play.

b) Hang on to it and pass it to someone on the halfwall, where they may be able to make a better play. Not a good play, but not always a bad one.

c) Weak backhand right to a defender.

d) Shoot it into your own net.

C isn't much better than D.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Like... okay, you have a screen in front and no real pressure on you. Here are your options.

a) Slapshot - hope it gets through traffic or gets tipped on the way through or gives up a nice rebound - it creates chaos. Good play.

b) Hang on to it and pass it to someone on the halfwall, where they may be able to make a better play. Not a good play, but not always a bad one.

If he would've just gotten it off the ground, it wouldn't have been as bad. But he literally passed it right to the Pen. DUUURRR

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Carle's go-to play is flipping the puck weakly into traffic. He does it so much that you have to wonder if it's a direction from the coaching staff. He has a decent slapper. He just never uses it. Gudas does the same thing a lot, which is why I think it might be the staff.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Another save by Vasy on Malkin.

And look, we got a penelty.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Want to see them score, they would of had a goal if not for that stupid ref and his early whistle.

Not sure if this is a 'defense' for the ref, but on the previous play, Uher bumped into Boyle in front of Vasilevskiy after Vasi gloved the puck. This caused a little post-play scuffle. The ref may have tried to prevent things escalating quickly from back to back goalie plays and blew his whistle early.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Want to see them score, they would of had a goal if not for that stupid ref and his early whistle.

If they keep guys like Crosby neutralized all year like this, I honestly don't care if they ever score. It's been pretty impressive.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
If they keep guys like Crosby neutralized all year like this, I honestly don't care if they ever score. It's been pretty impressive.

I'm not looking forward to the 'payback' game (assuming we finish this game with a win) on Jan 2... in Pittsburgh...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad