OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'd say that's a likely scenario and I'm expecting that but that should at least be somewhat known by the time that I would be leaving. Storm should be out to sea by the time I am set to leave New Jersey let alone be anywhere near Florida.

It could take up to a few days for any subtle structural damages to reveal themselves and result in closings, so stay flexible.

For example, post-Helene in Virginia there was the initial obvious closings, and then another wave as compromised structures began giving out. Typically drain failure related stuff. Sinkholes manifesting. Etc.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Thinking I may just push back the drive to later on Thursday than I had planned and see what the story is then. I'll be avoiding the storm and these closures but who knows what the whole place will look like post storm rolling through.
Yeah, that's probably a smart idea. The storm has been moving slower than they originally predicted, so it's going to be right over Orlando Thursday afternoon and north of the Bahamas Friday morning.

It's back to a category 5 again right now, so it might also make landfall higher than they originally expected. It will most certainly be a mess down there Friday and possibly even the weekend

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
My wife and Daughter are in Disney World this week of course. Southwest cancelled there flight out yesterday. Luckily her Dad and Step mom live in Orlando so they have a place to go. Still very concerning reading everything. Hoping they will actually be able to get out on there new flight on Thursday
Hoping for the best for them. I can pretty much guarantee that there's a 0% chance they get out on Thursday, unfortunately

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Same. I'm hoping they cancel the flight well in advance rather then having them stranded hours in the airport
The storm is supposed to be over Orlando Thursday afternoon, so they'll most likely announce the airport is closed through Thursday sometime tomorrow

Reactions: Danko

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
For those of you who are diy'ers:

Install quick-click flooring from right to left if you value your sanity. Just a little detail they leave out of the instructions. And left to right tends to feel more natural.

It took me two and a half rooms to figure that one out. I are dumb.

Reactions: BernieParent

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
6D1aXx7.gif

p8ns2yfm2il81.gif
One laughing emoji was insufficient to express my enjoyment of this post.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
This storm just doesn't want to weaken....9am update still has it at 155mph winds...1mph short of a Cat 5. It wasn't still supposed to be this strong this late

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
For those of you who are diy'ers:

Install quick-click flooring from right to left if you value your sanity. Just a little detail they leave out of the instructions. And left to right tends to feel more natural.

It took me two and a half rooms to figure that one out. I are dumb.
Pro tip: It depends on which way the tounge and groove is oriented. I've installed many of these, including in my house. I always have the tongue facing away from me so the groove is left exposed for the next row. I always go left to right.

Typically you tilt the small tounge into the groove on the left and drop it down as close as possible to the long tounge being engaged. Then lift the whole plank to tilt in the long tounge. Sometimes it will click right in, other times you need to use a piece of scrap flooring to smack it in with a hammer.

The fun part is when you have to go around/under things which prevent you from being able to tilt it in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad