OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Fri afternoon, perfect day, working from home, all systems still down due to cloudstrike issue. Cigar on the deck time may be a few hours early today..

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The whole fam had off today so we took a trip over to the Beach in Belmar, NJ. What a great beach and chill little town. Only 1:15 away from Philly too.
20240719_114424.jpg

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
I honestly have no clue. It didn't give any number readings and the crackhead that came out didn't give us any either. The only thing that I really know is that one of the pipes coming off the hot water heater was really loose and it is directly below a return, so he was thinking that could have been the issue. We reset the thermostat/reader and after it did its calibration, it went back to a normal level reading, so maybe it had to do with the hot water heater, but really unsure.
You sure the crackhead didn't toke up on that loose pipe?

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I think there are only about 10 free beaches in NJ, which I believe include AC and the wildwoods

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I really don't know what to expect. Then again same fearful feeling of unknown I've had ever since my first thought about the 2024 election.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
The last open convention was 1952, I thought it was much longer ago.
1968 would have been if the Democratic Party hadn't manipulated things the whole way through. Hubert Humphrey never appeared on most state ballots and almost all of his delegates were party elites controlling state delegate conventions or caucuses since most states didn't have an open-voter primary for President in those days.

He also massively abused the 'favorite son' loophole which allowed a state to have a popular Senator or Governor run in the caucus or convention and have the delegates awarded to them. Then that person could award them to another nominee.

So basically imagine today if you had no primary in Michigan, but Gretchen Whitmer was able to decide who she wanted to give the delegates to.

All of that (plus RFK being assassinated when he had at the time the 2nd or 3rd most delegates) led to allowing Humphrey to have enough on the 1st ballot to avoid an 'open/brokered convention'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad