OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
suggestions on good pair of jeans...ones where crotch deterioration isn't a problem

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
suggestions on good pair of jeans...ones where crotch deterioration isn't a problem

Caveat: I only buy things that last.

Gustin — Raw denim and made in the US. Make sure to check the campaigns in addition to the in stock section.
Obligatory Carhartt

Reactions: trostol

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
With moving country twice, changing jobs, and lots of other shitty life things...

basically did not work out properly in a year. And tbf before then was not killing myself, just doing maybe 2 5km runs and 2 2km swims a week for the previous 2 years...

My god it is incredible the amount of fitness you lose. Almost depressing level incredible ahaha.

Went from still running 5km in sub-20 minutes a year ago without "properly training" to struggling to hit 29 minutes today. (albeit it is 100f)

Supposed to be doing a sprint triathlon in around 6 weeks to motivate myself to get back to a good level of fitness... not sure if I want to now ahaha.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
On Sunday, I'm going to Florida for a week, and I rented a car. Turns out it's an electric car.

I'm landing in Tampa, spending most of the week in the Orlando area, will also be up and down the east coast between St. Augustine and Cocoa Beach.

Will I be fine finding charging stations? What's the network and availability like in Florida?

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
On Sunday, I'm going to Florida for a week, and I rented a car. Turns out it's an electric car.

I'm landing in Tampa, spending most of the week in the Orlando area, will also be up and down the east coast between St. Augustine and Cocoa Beach.

Will I be fine finding charging stations? What's the network and availability like in Florida?
In Tampa, just hook up a lightening rod to the vehicle's battery....j/k

This is a good resource..

Most charging stations are not free of "charge."

About .45 per killowat hr...

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
In Tampa, just hook up a lightening rod to the vehicle's battery....j/k

This is a good resource..

Most charging stations are not free of "charge."

About .45 per killowat hr...

Oh that's awesome, thank you!

Any idea what the average cost is for a full charge? Up in Canada, most people I talk to say it's about the same as a tank of gas when you do it at a charging station. Significantly less when you do it at home.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Oh that's awesome, thank you!

Any idea what the average cost is for a full charge? Up in Canada, most people I talk to say it's about the same as a tank of gas when you do it at a charging station. Significantly less when you do it at home.
Depends on the vehicle's battery size and kw hr charge. On average between 5-13 bucks in Florida *(.13 kwh residential) supposedly from what I've looked up. But don't quote me..still always cheaper than gas.

*commercial more than .13...on average .45

Reactions: flyersnorth

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ok tech/IT bros, question (s) for you. I've never used a setup with a laptop and docking station before but I just started a new gig and that's what I'm working with. Just always had dual monitors and a mac mini.

I have a lot of zoom type conferences and I used to have just my webcam hooked up to my computer through a USB hub and do it that way. Now I have this docking station and a windows laptop so when I have these zoom calls I have to open the laptop to use the webcam and it's a pain in the ass and the angle is all weird because it's off to the side so I can still see my monitors.

Question is: am I able to use my external webcam through the docking station if I plug a USB hub unto it that gives me extra ports? Can I even use a hub like that in a docking station?

DayoftheGreek

Dec 10, 2008
Ok tech/IT bros, question (s) for you. I've never used a setup with a laptop and docking station before but I just started a new gig and that's what I'm working with. Just always had dual monitors and a mac mini.

I have a lot of zoom type conferences and I used to have just my webcam hooked up to my computer through a USB hub and do it that way. Now I have this docking station and a windows laptop so when I have these zoom calls I have to open the laptop to use the webcam and it's a pain in the ass and the angle is all weird because it's off to the side so I can still see my monitors.

Question is: am I able to use my external webcam through the docking station if I plug a USB hub unto it that gives me extra ports? Can I even use a hub like that in a docking station?

Yes that should work fine. You should plug everything into your dock. I've got a USB hub and three monitors and each monitor is also a 2-USB port hub. All of this is plugged into my dock.

The only thing you might want to plug directly into the laptop is anything you want to come with your when you take the laptop off the dock. If your headset needs a dongle and you want to take your laptop off the dock in the middle of a meeting and walk around, then keep that with the laptop.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad