OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I think I know what standalone means, but I want to be sure -- speakers bundled with it or just the turntable? If separate, do you need Bluetooth?

I will give you new options in a price range, but I'm going to say flat out that I think you'll get a much better deal buying a vintage Technics or Pioneer unless you need BT.
Just a turntable. I plan to hook it into my receiver. I just wasn't sure what qualifies as good.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Just a turntable. I plan to hook it into my receiver. I just wasn't sure what qualifies as good.

U-Turn Orbit is the standard rec for "I just want a solid one." That should be 250 without a sale. Made in the US and they make parts for it if you want to change some things. The only real downside to this one is that you have to change a belt to swap between 33 and 45.

I have a Rega Planar 1, which is one of the usual "I want a nice one but I don't want to spend a grand" options. That's 500ish, but I bought it used off of an audiophile forum for 400 with a $100 cartridge included. You'll also see a ton of people suggest the Fluance RT85N in this price range. I haven't heard it personally.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
U-Turn Orbit is the standard rec for "I just want a solid one." That should be 250 without a sale. Made in the US and they make parts for it if you want to change some things. The only real downside to this one is that you have to change a belt to swap between 33 and 45.

I have a Rega Planar 1, which is one of the usual "I want a nice one but I don't want to spend a grand" options. That's 500ish, but I bought it used off of an audiophile forum for 400 with a $100 cartridge included. You'll also see a ton of people suggest the Fluance RT85N in this price range. I haven't heard it personally.
Ok, thanks. I'm upgrading to 4K finally and I think I'm going to have room on top of the cabinet. I have a crappy all in one, so I figured adding a turntable to use the speakers/headphones would be a nice upgrade.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I really do need a stand alone for my room...probably use Bluetooth speakers til I can make room for a whole set up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad