OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Days like today are why I have no interesting in being a moderator on a site like this.

I used to be a mod on the Philadelphia Eagles official forums in the late-1990s to early-2000s. Talk about a shit show (especially TATE). I moderated by the site rules - and wrote a number of rules myself, with Spadaro's approval - but some mods wanted more of a Wild West vide, which undercut other mods and led to anarchy.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I used to be a mod on the Philadelphia Eagles official forums in the late-1990s to early-2000s. Talk about a shit show (especially TATE). I moderated by the site rules - and wrote a number of rules myself, with Spadaro's approval - but some mods wanted more of a Wild West vide, which undercut other mods and led to anarchy.

I am so sorry for all of the times you had to delete me telling someone their brains were dripping into their f***ing shoes. So very sorry. I owe you many drinks if I ever meet you.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I’m not commenting on the state of news media. I am attempting to gently remind everyone here that for your own protection, you should take extreme caution with your phrasing on social media.
Oh that's the angle.

Man I got that covered. I don't even root for the Flyers. That's how undercover my identity/alias is here
j/k
(or am I)

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
That sounds awesome, honestly. I mean, not the you having to be a mod part. Everything else screams lawnchair and popcorn though.
I’m not commenting on the state of news media. I am attempting to gently remind everyone here that for your own protection, you should take extreme caution with your phrasing on social media.

Unlike a certain hockey team, I've been "lucky" enough to have never been on social media. I'm like, so lucky
5DCLZUqb0ImZy.gif

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

I question, with as much emotion aside as possible.

Because I respect you, even though I don’t really “know you”.

You do not feel that giving a voice, allowing a certain rhetoric to go unchallenged for years, to allow guillotines with his head as the centrepiece, riots, etc. that creates chaos?

I have to respectfully disagree, that it’s the time for calm. No. That is over. Being calm, on one side has allowed too much BS on the other. Smashmouth needs to be met with smashmouth.

You can educate me, in your calm - and rational way. I do enjoy it. As always, appreciate your demeanour - and wisdom.

It’s life you know, the Flyers are the flyers yes. But things are not moving in a positive direction, and enough is enough. Years of constantly calling anyone that doesn’t agree with certain things Nazis doesn’t lead to shit like this?

• Love
Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad