OT: 117th Obsequious Banter Thread: National Cookie Day is celebrated in December

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What is your favorite cookie or two...make it top four? [Select up to four]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
My crazy cat once again dunking my socks in her water bowl as though they are cookies..

20231202_080547.jpg

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Those don't look like Bombas.
My hiking socks from REI...forget the brand. Recommended by the staff but they suck......my cat seems to like them though. This time she only dipped one sock and left the other hanging over one of her food bowls as you can see. Last time she methodically dipped both in and out of the bowl and left them soaked on the side and the water totally soaked up....just a nut.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
My hiking socks from REI...forget the brand. Recommended by the staff but they suck......my cat seems to like them though. This time she only dipped one sock and left the other hanging over one of her food bowls as you can see. Last time she methodically dipped both in and out of the bowl and left them soaked on the side and the water totally soaked up....just a nut.

Give her an ear scratch for me.

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
I used to so this, but now I have a pair of slides or crocs that I use as house shoes. Game changer.
Yeah I have switched to fuzzy house slippers (slides). I got a pair of Sorel...only problem is the fuzziness makes my feet sweat and stink. Still better than fuzzy socks with matted cat hair...

Reactions: Starat327
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Our cat loves to push my slipper across the floor. Both paws and she will push it 15-20 feet across the living room floor

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah I have switched to fuzzy house slippers (slides). I got a pair of Sorel...only problem is the fuzziness makes my feet sweat and stink. Still better than fuzzy socks with matted cat hair...

Switch to crocs. Good balance of heat retention vs air flow on the ones with holes in them.

We've reached the "men behaving like sensible middle aged women" part of the program.

They are who we thought they were.gif

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
We've reached the "men behaving like sensible middle aged women" part of the program.
Middle age sucks ass...

Yesterday got diagnosed with the onset of cataracts...wtf! Apparently a growing trend. Asked if I have been using a nasal steroid regularly which I have for about 3 years. I said I am prediabetic but he didn't say that might be part of it....definitely if one is actually diabetic it factors. Who knows....

As I noted upthread...45 and up health shit starts rearing its ugly head it seems.

Edit: looks nasal steroids like Flonase, Nasacort which I have used and Mucinex Sinus Max which I unwittingly abused for chronic nasal stuffiness does contribute to early onset....even inhalers like Flovent which I have had to use due to asthma. Wtf.....

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Darn Tough are the socks my cat dipped apparently....just looked at them. Not sure they are that darn good...gave me blisters on my hike whereas my cheap Timberlands never have...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad