BRUINS GDT 11/4 | Game 11: Motown and Bound | Bruins @ Detroit Red Wings | 7pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Poitras 1 G and 1 A…..looked good,

Lonrei was OK, IMO.

A little scrambly at times….but he’s playing hard.

Hardly got any PP time. Which is a mistake IMO.
This lousy PP needs both of them on it PRONTO! Lowrider and Shatts at the points, Potsey up the middle with JVR and JDB.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
The last 2 games Ullmark has has meltdowns in the 3rd period, not that it's all on him, but it reminds me to much of last years playoff. Swayman should be the one the Bruins settle on when the season is over.
People forget that Ullmark was playing hurt. That's on Montgomery. He went into the playoffs with the best team in NHL history and made some really stupid coaching decisions. Just needs to tinker I guess.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I’m sure the league is “happy” the Bruins took an L during Mac’s suspension. I put nothing beyond this league.
After the 2019 Final, I lost all faith in the NHL having any integrity whatsoever. Even though I believe in my heart that there are definitely games that are “influenced” and “managed” by the league, I can’t bring myself to stop watching. It’s like I’m trapped in an abusive relationship I can’t get out of.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
After the 2019 Final, I lost all faith in the NHL having any integrity whatsoever. Even though I believe in my heart that there are definitely games that are “influenced” and “managed” by the league, I can’t bring myself to stop watching. It’s like I’m trapped in an abusive relationship I can’t get out of.

There is zero question the NHL did not drag 2019 to a 7th game. Then the Bruins choked that one away unfortunately. That will not be forgotten.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Fred will have a 2 goal game with a fight some time in the next couple weeks and will buy himself another four months of not being noticed.

It sucks how he has shown his strength before and his ability to be an effective grinding forward, but his confidence never sticks around for more than a game or two at a time.

Lost my patience with him some time ago and I’m afraid it’s not coming back. You need guys like him to step it up down the stretch and make an impact in the playoffs and he NEVER does

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I think someone should've made him fight with all the punching and shoving he was doing up high all game.

That’s the thing though you don’t have to. I remember Nick Kronwall just steamrolling people all the time and he wasn’t a guy who fought.

You can throw hits, play nasty, and not fight. Heck I think Mike Komisarek was a better dman before he ended up fighting Lucic.

He certainly picked his spots. Is that toughness? Frederic was invisible and who else would challenge him?

Guess my definition of “tough” doesn’t include fighting.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Bingo. I started really questioning when Rooney did them to the tune of no powerplays in the 2013 Finals. Then Acciari incident in the 2019 Finals.

It was too much. Too overt. Now I believe anything is possible with this league. Nothing is too far.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
That’s the thing though you don’t have to. I remember Nick Kronwall just steamrolling people all the time and he wasn’t a guy who fought.

You can throw hits, play nasty, and not fight. Heck I think Mike Komisarek was a better dman before he ended up fighting Lucic.
Sure, but I still can't stand that kind of play. It's gutless, and there were probably 3-4 times that he could've been called for a rough if the stripes didn't have their heads up their asses. If that was happening to my linemate, I'd want to punch the kid right in the jaw.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Bingo. I started really questioning when Rooney did them to the tune of no powerplays in the 2013 Finals. Then Acciari incident in the 2019 Finals.

It was too much. Too overt. Now I believe anything is possible with this league. Nothing is too far.
NHLOL is bush league for sure. They have no honor in how they deal with their officials. DoPS is a misnomer if there ever was one. Completely shady league that pretends to be progressive and fair. Such a crock.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Sure, but I still can't stand that kind of play. It's gutless, and there were probably 3-4 times that he could've been called for a rough if the stripes didn't have their heads up their asses. If that was happening to my linemate, I'd want to punch the kid right in the jaw.

I don’t find it gutless. If I’m a good player who’s hammering your best guys and they are hearing footsteps why would I take myself off the ice for 5 minutes just to fight some plug?

I’d just keep playing my game

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

What about McAvoy getting blatantly tripped (or hooked) leading directly to a pivotal TB goal in what 17 or 18, right in front of the ref, with no call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad