BRUINS GDT 11/4 | Game 11: Motown and Bound | Bruins @ Detroit Red Wings | 7pm ET | NESN, 98.5 FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Yeah! LOVE that Monty took an abuse of official penalty. Effing loved it. You can't get any more shorthanded and you can't call them out in the media without getting fined so might as well tell them what you really think.

Absolutely.

A well timed game to be all over the officials.

Put the spotlight right on them post-game as well. Bettman can hold another GM meeting threatening any protest.

Reactions: Gordoff

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Team is down 3 of their 6 starting dmen, goaltender has to know he needs to be sharp. He’s been mediocre. Again just one game and this team is still impressive, but I just don’t agree with the fans who can’t call out the goaltender ever. He’s human

He “has to know” he needs to be sharp?

I don’t even know how to respond to that. You think a player playing well is because he “knows” he needs to play well? Some games you’re off the charts. Others you aren’t so good. Others you suck.

Tonight’s game, the team didn’t deserve to win. It was grade A chance after chance.

I’m not an Ullmark or Swayman fanboy. I don’t mind saying when goalies suck. But the narrative was established early when Ullmark gave up a soft goal and it was ridden almost the entire night despite the fact that they were point blank chances. It’s just mass confirmation bias.

Lots of people are going to take their goaltending and “refs were against us” narratives out of this game and it’s too bad because the actual story is that team didn’t play well enough. They’re missing some guys and the effort was not consistent for 60.

Edit: you’ve also seemingly built your argument off of me saying “ullmark was good tonight” and “no one can call out the goaltender ever”. Both of which I did not and would never say.

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I suppose if you watch enough games you’re gonna have a night like this one. I came home from a night out and the Bruins were winning. In the short amount of time I was changing out of my suit, they gave up three goals.

Le sigh…

We’re on to Dallas.
Yep Dallas 7-1-1 on the season and 3-1 at home.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
There was enough 5 on 5 play that the bruins should’ve gotten back to business.

Refs didn’t help but that’s going to happen again and will probably happen in the playoffs two.

They were way too loose defensively in the second and in the third compared to what we’ve seen so far this season.

You have to think if we had a healthy lineup maybe the mistakes made wouldn’t have been as egregious and they win that one in regulation.

Not putting too much stock into the loss. I don’t like some of the negative trends that are continuing though in regards to Lindholm and 5 on 5 play from our top guys.

Also barring that late PP goal I thought PP unit 1 killed momentum every chance they had. The pasta goal makes the percentage look better but that unit could have put the game away earlier

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Yeah! LOVE that Monty took an abuse of official penalty. Effing loved it. You can't get any more shorthanded and you can't call them out in the media without getting fined so might as well tell them what you really think.

They need to 'unofficially' hire some dude to attend post-game press conferences to sit there with Moops and just throw verbal haymakers at the officials. Moops can claim ignorance and we can all reap the comedic benefits.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
I suppose if you watch enough games you’re gonna have a night like this one. I came home from a night out and the Bruins were winning. In the short amount of time I was changing out of my suit, they gave up three goals.

Le sigh…

We’re on to Dallas.
We're going to need you to put that suit back on vs the Stars...the Bruins center of the universe may depend on it.

• Haha
Reactions: rfournier103

Ned Bouhalassa

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
The guys were slower overall, didn’t bring their A game, didn’t deserve to win. Our goalie made terrific stops, it’s not on him. The rough stuff should have happened way earlier, to set the tone and slow them down. Oh well, we still rock.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He “has to know” he needs to be sharp?

I don’t even know how to respond to that. You think a player playing well is because he “knows” he needs to play well? Some games you’re off the charts. Others you aren’t so good. Others you suck.

Tonight’s game, the team didn’t deserve to win. It was grade A chance after chance.

I’m not an Ullmark or Swayman fanboy. I don’t mind saying when goalies suck. But the narrative was established early when Ullmark gave up a soft goal and it was ridden almost the entire night despite the fact that they were point blank chances. It’s just mass confirmation bias.

Lots of people are going to take their goaltending and “refs were against us” narratives out of this game and it’s too bad because the actual story is that team didn’t play well enough. They’re missing some guys and the effort was not consistent for 60.
Ullmark is part of that team that didn’t play well enough. He was bad. As was the D. He deserves to take some blame.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad