OT: 105th Obsequious Banter Thread: Penny for Your Thoughts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
While everyone was assuming Bonds was guilty (with good reason) and talking about him as if he had been found out, no one said a WORD about Clemens. I told absolutely everyone I knew "If you don't think THAT guy is juicing when he knows that hitters are, you are crazy. That's the most competitive guy on Earth." It's just a huge stupid shitstorm that I can't be bothered to care about. I'm pretty sure my boy Mike Greenwell was clean, and he and Junior are all I care about.
The sweetest swing in baseball ever...

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
They did after the fact.

If you want to believe that Judge is doing it naturally you’re welcome to but history tells me it’s unlikely.
Problem is, nobody knows (and if they know they're not saying) what players were using back in the day. Amphetamines were widely used in various sports, including baseball.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Wouldn't surprise me, but if he has been juicing, he has been doing it for a long time. When he was in Trenton for AA, the StH holder I bought seats from, had reserved parking which was beyond the right field fence a good distance, but he would still hit cars. I always parked on the next to a tall van that year. That was 2015. Judge made alot of money for body shops that year. CRACKKK. 10 mins later "would the owner of a grey Toyota Camry, NJ lisc Xxx234, please come to customer service.

Judge hit 50+ when there was testing, was hurt for a couple of years and is back.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Bonds (etc al) also went up against roided up pitchers, where the biomechanics affected by steroid use (being "bigger and stronger") would convey more successful pitching compared to hitting. Everything about the steroid era is a hypocritical shitstorm.

Put everyone in the HoF and be done with it. Everyone was using- I mean for f***s sake at one point 50 MINOR LEAGUERS were suspended! Minor leaguers! And of course that was once they started testing in the first place, which exactly is why this "real record" stuff is so dumb.

Ok, Maris was using amphetamines. Now an illegal substance, but not tested for at the time, just like steroids in the "steroid era". Ruth wasn't even playing against the best players in the sport (pre-segregation). While we're taking away records, let's take away team accomplishments too, starting with the Yanks. In 2000 Clemens pitched like a 15 K SO in the ALCS. So I guess...the Mariners get the pennant that year? Oh and by the way in the WS he threw another 10 K, 8 inning shutout. Where do the asterisks end? Answer: no asterisks at all.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Let's shoot the gatekeepers up with rounds for 6 months then put them in rookie ball for 3 weeks and watch them all go 0-55 with 40 Ks and a few walks. But, they're bigger and stronger!?
The fun fact is 4256 and 73 are listed as records in displays at Cooperstown....but the players will not be in the Hallowed Hall of Enshrined players while they live.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bonds (etc al) also went up against roided up pitchers, where the biomechanics affected by steroid use (being "bigger and stronger") would convey more successful pitching compared to hitting. Everything about the steroid era is a hypocritical shitstorm.

Put everyone in the HoF and be done with it. Everyone was using- I mean for f***s sake at one point 50 MINOR LEAGUERS were suspended! Minor leaguers! And of course that was once they started testing in the first place, which exactly is why this "real record" stuff is so dumb.

Ok, Maris was using amphetamines. Now an illegal substance, but not tested for at the time, just like steroids in the "steroid era". Ruth wasn't even playing against the best players in the sport (pre-segregation). While we're taking away records, let's take away team accomplishments too, starting with the Yanks. In 2000 Clemens pitched like a 15 K SO in the ALCS. So I guess...the Mariners get the pennant that year? Oh and by the way in the WS he threw another 10 K, 8 inning shutout. Where do the asterisks end? Answer: no asterisks at all.

Maris was not using amphetamines. That was Mantle.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Boys...I need some good thoughts and prayers.

My wife has been diagnosed with cancer. Huge shock to all of us, but she's a fighter and will come out stronger and better once she kicks its ass. It's going to a huge battle, but we are all going to stay positive and take it one day at a time.

Appreciate it and, even though its going to be a rough season, let's go Flyers!
So sorry to hear this, but I know she’s gonna kick cancer’s ass.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Well friends, tomorrow I have to take my old friend Goober the Wonder Dog in for his final appointment to head over the rainbow bridge. He was a good boy. A gentle giant. Only wanted to eat and be loved, and that's what he did. Voted Dog of the Year by the National Academy of Dogs every year since we got him in 2012 when he was somewhere around 2 years old or so. He will be missed.

View attachment 590967

View attachment 590968

View attachment 590969

View attachment 590970

View attachment 590971
Oh my, I’m so sorry. What a good boy.

Reactions: Runner77 and Asnito

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
f*** cancer, man.

My grandmother passed away last night. She was 84, and had been dealing with various kinds for about a decade now, but she developed lymphoma a few months ago, and that was just too much for her to fight off.
My condolences to you and your family, SbA.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Can you imagine how good Ruth would have been if he wasn't playing hung over?

Speed fires up a player, but doesn't make them stronger. Using roids makes you stronger, and fast twitch muscles can also improve with training.

The sweetest swing in baseball ever...
Ted Williams' frozen head twitches at that.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Can you imagine how good Ruth would have been if he wasn't playing hung over?

Speed fires up a player, but doesn't make them stronger. Using roids makes you stronger, and fast twitch muscles can also improve with training.

Ted Williams' frozen head twitches at that.
Amphetamines make you feel your best and calm and collected and focused, which is exactly what you want when hitting. Mentally stronger. Should we do 2 different asterisk styles to differentiate between which now illegal substance players were taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad