OT: 103rd Obsequious Banter Thread: "Summertime, and the livin's easy."

If you had to fight a tortoise or a sloth, which do you choose?

• Tortoise

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Sloth

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020

One Sept I had finished yard work at my parents place along the Sassafras River in MD, upper Eastern chesapaeke. So went down to the neighborhood beach for a swim. Weekday, so the river was very calm, no boats. I am neck deep and about 3 ft from me, a black snake pops its head out and looks right at me. I walk back calmly, and right outta the water. Turns out almost all MD snakes are non poisonous, except water moccasins, which are rare, and apparently even then much further south. Didn't matter!!!!

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
bro wtf go home

recently we were in OCMD and noticed a dog on the beach coming towards us...got closer and noticed something wasnt right and it didnt seem like a pet...got even closer and we realized it was a beach fox lol. Never knew they lived at the beach, maybe this one was retired. We have seen him a few times since

Brigantine's official mascot is actually the fox, despite people thinking it is the atrocity that is greenhead flies. We've got a pretty large wildlife preserve on the south end separating the ocean and sand from the houses and the foxes run wild in there, literally.

Reactions: landsbergfan

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
One Sept I had finished yard work at my parents place along the Sassafras River in MD, upper Eastern chesapaeke. So went down to the neighborhood beach for a swim. Weekday, so the river was very calm, no boats. I am neck deep and about 3 ft from me, a black snake pops its head out and looks right at me. I walk back calmly, and right outta the water. Turns out almost all MD snakes are non poisonous, except water moccasins, which are rare, and apparently even then much further south. Didn't matter!!!!
I probably would’ve just went under and never came back up

Reactions: Cody Webster

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Disney's game plan is to try to make it seem like you aren't in a line at all, and if you are in a line it will go fast and there will be something to distract you. Short article here with some of their "tricks". And another here.

I'm a big Disney Imagineer fan and I also love solving complex issues for maximum efficiency, so I was all over this "Device Deployment" design. Essentially, before school started we had to get 5,000 Chromebooks in student hands from 6th to 12th grade spread across 5 buildings with about 15 employees. We needed to collect payment and signed user agreement and give them the device set up specific for their grade and building.

Once we knew what building they were going to be in I went to work. We set up the first station, user agreement, inside the large entryway away from the door to make sure the line would never show from the parking lot. Then you went through a set of doors into a library classroom for the payment station. You'd exit that room on the opposite side to go across the hall to the cafeteria which had stations set up for grade levels and buildings. They exited out the other side of the cafeteria back into the parking lot they parked in.

The loop was perfect because you couldn't see each station from any other station. At most you might see the same two-three people in front of you at each station, but you never see the rest of the people moving through the loop. Most of the time you are "in line" you were actually walking from station to station.

We also had people "sign up" for 30 minute time slots. This helped to keep the crowds thinned at any one time, but more importantly the parents thought the process would take 30 minutes. It ended up taking about 10, so people just thought things went really well.

We also did a "fast pass" lane. Instead of going the long loop of user agreement and payment, you could have paid online and brought your signed user agreement. Those people immediately went left, handed over their User Agreement and someone would check their Student ID# for payment in our records. Those people then go down the hall and enter the cafeteria to pick up their device. These people were in and out within 5 minutes.

So:

1. Keep people moving
2. Don't let people see the whole line
3. Have interactive pieces in the line
4. Oversell how long the process should take

I was real hyped when I got to design the Covid Vaccine events.

I skipped every ride that had a non-Disneyfied line. No interest in taking a kid through that.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

66A916A8-22E5-465E-98C7-44239B4A2BEC.jpeg

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Vitamin and supplement industry is suspect overall IMO.

Last edited:

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So is Pelosi gonna be the female version of Archduke Franz Ferdinand when the Chinese blow her out of the sky.....??? Absurd world anymore...

Send Cuck as a dummy decoy...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nice watch despite the owner

I got a German Luger from a Nazi Officer that my grandfather picked off of his dead body in WW2.

It’s weird as I obviously don’t condone those viewpoints but it is a piece of history (so it’s likely worth some decent money for a historical gun collector) but it oddly has some sentimental value given it was passed down from grandfather after he died.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Any of you dog people use invisible fence? I just had it installed because my smaller dog dug under the nice wood fence I had installed and got out. Now the company that installed is giving me training to do and wondering how effective this training is.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Any of you dog people use invisible fence? I just had it installed because my smaller dog dug under the nice wood fence I had installed and got out. Now the company that installed is giving me training to do and wondering how effective this training is.
No, but I know many that do with no problems. Just have to remember to put the collar on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad