OT: 103rd Obsequious Banter Thread: "Summertime, and the livin's easy."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

If you had to fight a tortoise or a sloth, which do you choose?

• Tortoise

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Sloth

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I missed the backstory....why are you doing 200 push-ups?
It was 230 thank you very much.
Someone on twitter issued a challenge to get 1776 push-ups in the month of July. I kept putting it off, eventually did the math with 8 days left in the month and it was 222 per day to hit the mark. It’s not for anything other than to do it.
I haven’t worked out in about 16 years but I have a fairly physically demanding job so I didn’t think it would be too bad of a time.
Apparently the muscle movement used in push-ups are not the primary muscle groups that I generally use on a daily basis.
Manufactured muscle is vastly different from work muscle.
I’ve since adjusted that challenge for myself to just get it done within 30 days from having started it.

Reactions: Asnito and Tripod

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
The outdoor league has big name leaders and an ESPN contract.

There has been a winter indoor league since 1987. The NLL is on ESPN+ and has deep pocketed owners like Joe Tsai and Comcast. I never played lax, but have been a fan of the Phila Wings since 88, excluding 2015-8, when we didn't have a team. Their games are a blast.
Remember a guy named Springer from the mid 2000’s? Played at Syracuse and then on Philly. My girl back in the day grew up with him.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

bro wtf go home

recently we were in OCMD and noticed a dog on the beach coming towards us...got closer and noticed something wasnt right and it didnt seem like a pet...got even closer and we realized it was a beach fox lol. Never knew they lived at the beach, maybe this one was retired. We have seen him a few times since

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It was 230 thank you very much.
Someone on twitter issued a challenge to get 1776 push-ups in the month of July. I kept putting it off, eventually did the math with 8 days left in the month and it was 222 per day to hit the mark. It’s not for anything other than to do it.
I haven’t worked out in about 16 years but I have a fairly physically demanding job so I didn’t think it would be too bad of a time.
Apparently the muscle movement used in push-ups are not the primary muscle groups that I generally use on a daily basis.
Manufactured muscle is vastly different from work muscle.
I’ve since adjusted that challenge for myself to just get it done within 30 days from having started it.
gotcha

1776....such a random number

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Remember a guy named Springer from the mid 2000’s? Played at Syracuse and then on Philly. My girl back in the day grew up with him.
Didn't ring a bell, then looked it up. I think he was drafted by the wings, but never played for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad