Post-Game Talk: 10 shots and all we needed was 2 - SCF bound!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
IMG_5009.jpeg

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
After reflecting I have to say I’m happy for younger Oilers fans who never got to see the finals. 06 was the only one for me, I was 20 years old, perfect age for it as a fan.

It’s crazy that it’s been a longer wait between 2006 and 2024 than 2006 and 1990.. the dynasty years felt so ancient to me back then, now I’m the old guy at 38 lol.

I’m sure most younger fans are on twitter or some social media thing I’ve never even heard of. But for those who may be here, enjoy this. Just believe with all your heart until the final buzzer. This time will be different than 06, Lord Stanley is coming back, we’re gonna see McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, all these guys hoist the Cup. Just enjoy the ride and go crazy

WE WANT THE CUP

I was 12 years old in grade 6 for the 06 run. Now I'm 29 turning 30 next month. Great thing about the Oilers and being a fan of them has been introducing the Oilers to my partner and her family. I hope we finally win the cup this SCF.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I was going to buy the WC hat but then thought noooooo way I want a Cup hat or bust!

I refuse to buy West Conference Champs merch for 2 reasons:

1 - if we win I will never wear it because I'll simply replace it all with SC champions merch (which I would likely spend way too much on)

2 - if we lose it will pain me every single time I look at it, like what happens to this day the odd time I see 2006 WC champs merch out in the wild

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Good luck Oil nation. This Habs fan is cheering you guys on. I don't care about the Habs being the last Canadian team to win the Cup, they'll just have to win it back in 3-4 years from now. ;)

Would be cool to have the best player in the game today win the Cup.
I respect the Habs as they actually have a winning tradition. Unlike Toronto which shoves the "our core is better than your core" 😂 narrative down msm. Instead Montreal quietly goes about their thing and has multiple runs they can look to.

Other fan bases canucks flames and leafs are all garbage.

I love when the spouse and family get into it too

Stretcher and Gagner girls are there. Lot of respect for everyone in the org always being included.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
My son (good kid, who has never been to an NHL game) is begging to go to a game in the finals. Is it possible to find tickets that aren’t ridiculously over priced?
It's not impossible to get tickets. It is impossible to get tickets that are not ridiculously over priced.

Honestly I'm earmarking $5000 for 2 tickets to game 4 and 6. In 30 years when my son is my age that money won't matter. The memory of being there will.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Sam’s daughter is apparently the flower girl for the wedding. Shows you how tight the boys are even after leaving. You are not going tell me that Sam and Connor became that close over the course of half a season. They must be good friends.
I’m pretty sure Gags skated with McDavid when he was like 12 years old so they go way back

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
I respect the Habs as they actually have a winning tradition. Unlike Toronto which shoves the "our core is better than your core" 😂 narrative down msm. Instead Montreal quietly goes about their thing and has multiple runs they can look to.

Other fan bases canucks flames and leafs are all garbage.

Stretcher and Gagner girls are there. Lot of respect for everyone in the org always being included.

Montreal actually won Cups when they had more than a 1 in 6 chance of doing so and zero players outside of North America.

Actually, with the Jets and Nordiques winning WHA Championships and the Sens and Cansucks making the finals at least once, Toronto is the least successful Canadian major league hockey city of the last 57 years.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If anyone has any leads on a pre sale code tomorrow morning I would be greatly appreciative if you would share it.

There won’t be any generic access codes. It’s a unique single use code for Premium STH that requires access to your account to use. It’s like how presale concert tickets work for PSTH. The only way for a code to work is you’d need a PSTH to not only give you their code but also access to their private account.

If your shut out at noon I would sign up for last minute ticket releases (see the graphic below). These are usually visiting team ticket holds that expire anytime between about noon and 4 PM on game day.

I have picked up ticket on the release like this in the 2017 Playoff run when I needed a couple of extra tickets for family that also wanted to go to the game so its a great way to buy last minute seats without paying aftermarket price but you have to be watching your phone like a hawk as well as be very quick on the draw and lucky.

Note, tickets for Game 6 are also going on sale tomorrow, not just for Games 3 and 4!

Tickets will become available to the public at 12:00 PM MT and seats are limited, so be sure to secure your tickets early!
HOME GAME SCHEDULE
Thursday, June 13 at 6:00 PM MT
Saturday, June 15 at 6:00 PM MT
Friday, June 21 at 6:00 PM MT (if necessary)

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
f*** what were the odds when we were 2-9-1 back in November? Wish I woulda put a grand down on the cup then.
I wish I had too. I did however put down $150 after the 8 game winning streak, then 3 game losing streak. At the end of the 3 game losing streak is when I purchased. It was 14 to 1 odds. If everything pans, the payout will pay for my tickets to game 6 with my son.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad