Post-Game Talk: 10 shots and all we needed was 2 - SCF bound!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
After reflecting I have to say I’m happy for younger Oilers fans who never got to see the finals. 06 was the only one for me, I was 20 years old, perfect age for it as a fan.

It’s crazy that it’s been a longer wait between 2006 and 2024 than 2006 and 1990.. the dynasty years felt so ancient to me back then, now I’m the old guy at 38 lol.

I’m sure most younger fans are on twitter or some social media thing I’ve never even heard of. But for those who may be here, enjoy this. Just believe with all your heart until the final buzzer. This time will be different than 06, Lord Stanley is coming back, we’re gonna see McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, all these guys hoist the Cup. Just enjoy the ride and go crazy

WE WANT THE CUP

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
My son (good kid, who has never been to an NHL game) is begging to go to a game in the finals. Is it possible to find tickets that aren’t ridiculously over priced?

Reactions: McDoused

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
My son (good kid, who has never been to an NHL game) is begging to go to a game in the finals. Is it possible to find tickets that aren’t ridiculously over priced?
Here’s something that may not be so ridiculous…check out flights, it might actually be cheaper to fly to FLA, get a pair of tickets and a hotel for cheaper than a game in Edmonton. Helluva a long way to go but finals tickets in Edmonton are going to be a small fortune.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Wednesday at noon mountain Ticketmaster releases all tickets still available not purchased by seasons ticket holders. Other than that it’s gonna be $$$$$$$$$ chaching on the secondary market. I’d be at the computer logged in and ready to roll on TM at 11:30. Long odds but you never know.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
He’s been brainwashed into anti-Oiler fandom, just like the rest of the media.

I wouldn't be surprised if the middling Maple Leafs, their monopoly over that region, and the toxic fandom/organizational bitterness spreading to the media they control, are among the reasons for the decline of hockey's popularity in Canada (with the gentrification of the sport being by far number one).

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
IMG_5011.jpeg

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
He’s been brainwashed into anti-Oiler fandom, just like the rest of the media.
That's part of it, but he's disliked the Oilers ever since they fired him as an assistant coach. There was a post on here many years ago that detailed a situation at an Edmonton bar where he went off on a fan that chirped him with a "nice powerplay" comment after he was let go for running a crap PP unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad