GDT: 10/27/2014 - Minnesota @ New York (R) - 6PM CST - 1AM Suomi - FS-N, FS-WI [MOD #314]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The Vikings could have done better. That's how bad it was. I hope this game knocked some of those guys off their pedestals. And I hope Yeo is FORCED to make some changes not only with the PP lines, but with that pathetic excuse of a 2nd line. Koivu and Vanek HAVE to be separated NOW! But if up to our coach, that won't happen til game 39.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
we'll never get anywhere with a first line center who doesn't shoot in that situation. the moment the game is on the line he freezes. disgusting. :/

Not the first time and definitely not the last one ether, he is and will always be a pass first guy.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
It's good to face some adversity early. They have the potential to be great but they have to learn to be great and step on the throat of a beaten opponent.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I want to try Vanek-Granlund-Pominville and Parise-Koivu-Coyle
but im scared that Granlund line will be -5 every game because i don't think Granlund can cover for Vanek like Koivu does..

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
Koivu has one point in seven games.

Maybe having him play with Parise would spark him? Kinda makes sense now to put Parise with Koivu and Vanek with Granlund. Work with work and skill with skill.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Luckily we don't have a week to dwell on this loss. Get back on the horse and play a good game tomorrow.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Koivu is meant to be on a checking line. He's not an offense-first type of player. Put him in a role that Walz was in....defense first....and if you can provide a little offense from time to time, great. But putting him on a 2nd line where you need to focus more on offense is just gonna kill it. Putting him with Vanek is just gonna ruin it. Say hello to the 3rd line, my friend. Damnit, I want to see what Vanek and Poms would look like together even if for one game.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Koivu is meant to be on a checking line. He's not an offense-first type of player. Put him in a role that Walz was in....defense first....and if you can provide a little offense from time to time, great. But putting him on a 2nd line where you need to focus more on offense is just gonna kill it. Putting him with Vanek is just gonna ruin it. Say hello to the 3rd line, my friend. Damnit, I want to see what Vanek and Poms would look like together even if for one game.

Sweet. And Brodziak to the 2nd line?

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

You don't put the player that put this team on his shoulders last season so it would make the playoffs (17 points in 11 games in the final crucial stretch) to 3rd line.. :shakehead Also lets wait a full season before we put Granlund over Koivu. He's still got lots to prove.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I have no idea why you put your top defensive center on every power play and leave your top offensive center on the bench.

Ehhhh....the same reason why you put Nino and Zucker in the doghouse and give special treatment to Coyle all the time. ;)

mike-yeo.jpg

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
You don't put the player that put this team on his shoulders last season so it would make the playoffs (17 points in 11 games in the final crucial stretch) to 3rd line.. :shakehead Also lets wait a full season before we put Granlund over Koivu. He's still got lots to prove.
You do if he's playing like ****.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's just hockey, it doesn't matter.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Haven't really let this one go yet.. All it took was one period for the Minnesota sports fan in me to come back out. No longer expecting a great season.

(yes, I am overreacting and I know it, but we live in MN, so it's justified)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad