GDT: 10/23/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Lol, so your idea of a better team would've been trade Cirelli and Serg for futures and/or prospects, then have either protected Gourde with a 7+3 list, or still lost him while keeping Johnson and Coleman. So basically, keep 2 other ~5 million players(either overpaid or an anchor outside of maybe Gourde), while still having no money for any depth defensively or in the bottom 6. Yeah, your idea would've had the team looking far worse both defensively this year and, with several more bloated and aging contracts, worse on offense down the line. Plain and simple, JBB valued keeping a great defense together and knew that younger players would need to step up over the next few years to support the core. Good thing they have a couple this year, and it looks like a few more with potential on the way in the.next couple of years. Your roster would've been no better, just weaker in different areas and with more overpaid contracts.
In really curious which of these young players are going to have more than 10 goals? And do not say Colton or Joseph because both of them were on the team last year. ABB? well maybe 10 but I can't see him getting 15 the other two will be lucky to brake 10. So the scoring is going to have to come from some where. The biggest disagreement we have is not contracts it is performance. People you think that are going to carry the team are failing ABB, Katch, Raddy are not going to be what is needed add in Cirelli who may not break 15 goals then Nipples who is just not what he was as a Duck, PEB a nothing sammich when it comes to scoring. I agree with you that the team needs young guys that are able to fill in in a few years but what we have are a downgrade even to Johnson not to mention Yanni or Coleman. If Nipples had worked out and Kuch had been healthy ABB would not be on the team Joseph would be 3rd line maybe and one of the other rookies would have been sitting now. Its great to pump up our young guys but none have shown the ability to stick. ABB has been waived by two teams one a struggling new franchise after just two games. Joseph I swear if he flubs another breakaway tonight I may go Steve Dangle and lose my mind, he has had no less than 5 breakaways in the last 3 games and has not finished one not one. The broadcasters have quit pumping his offense and went back to his speed and his increased minutes on the PK why because we do not have a better option now on the PK so we run him out with the Big Rig and Cirelli.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
In really curious which of these young players are going to have more than 10 goals? And do not say Colton or Joseph because both of them were on the team last year. ABB? well maybe 10 but I can't see him getting 15 the other two will be lucky to brake 10. So the scoring is going to have to come from some where. The biggest disagreement we have is not contracts it is performance. People you think that are going to carry the team are failing ABB, Katch, Raddy are not going to be what is needed add in Cirelli who may not break 15 goals then Nipples who is just not what he was as a Duck, PEB a nothing sammich when it comes to scoring. I agree with you that the team needs young guys that are able to fill in in a few years but what we have are a downgrade even to Johnson not to mention Yanni or Coleman. If Nipples had worked out and Kuch had been healthy ABB would not be on the team Joseph would be 3rd line maybe and one of the other rookies would have been sitting now. Its great to pump up our young guys but none have shown the ability to stick. ABB has been waived by two teams one a struggling new franchise after just two games. Joseph I swear if he flubs another breakaway tonight I may go Steve Dangle and lose my mind, he has had no less than 5 breakaways in the last 3 games and has not finished one not one. The broadcasters have quit pumping his offense and went back to his speed and his increased minutes on the PK why because we do not have a better option now on the PK so we run him out with the Big Rig and Cirelli.
Since Raddysh and Katchouk are getting mostly 4th line minutes, I don't see them necessarily being huge offensive contributors. ABB perhaps a little more so. They've only had 7 games(ABB of course a few more), so they have some time. Joseph looks better and better, so while he may not be finishing as much as we'd like, his offensive creativity and strong defensive play has been noticeable. He's a very solid 3rd liner with 2nd line upside moving forward in Tampa, unless he really breaks out and proves himself out after this year. I wanted to keep Gourde and maybe Goodrow, figuring Coleman was almost assuredly gone, but not at the expense of Serg or Cirelli. If McD hadn't been invaluable late in the year and in the playoffs, maybe JBB protects Gourde and let's Seattle take McD if they wanted, but keeping a top 5 defensive unit was more important to the front office.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Since Raddysh and Katchouk are getting mostly 4th line minutes, I don't see them necessarily being huge offensive contributors. ABB perhaps a little more so. They've only had 7 games(ABB of course a few more), so they have some time. Joseph looks better and better, so while he may not be finishing as much as we'd like, his offensive creativity and strong defensive play has been noticeable. He's a very solid 3rd liner with 2nd line upside moving forward in Tampa, unless he really breaks out and proves himself out after this year. I wanted to keep Gourde and maybe Goodrow, figuring Coleman was almost assuredly gone, but not at the expense of Serg or Cirelli. If McD hadn't been invaluable late in the year and in the playoffs, maybe JBB protects Gourde and let's Seattle take McD if they wanted, but keeping a top 5 defensive unit was more important to the front office.
It all comes down to putting the puck in the net. Thats what is needed, depth scoring yes ABB got a nice one last night and I think Joseph has 1 goal on the season as well but Perry, ABB, Joseph, Radd, Katch, Cirelli, Maroon, PEB all have to start pitching in they have a total of 3 between them. It is a good thing that Killer was not dealt he has picked up from the PO's he may have 30 this year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It all comes down to putting the puck in the net. Thats what is needed, depth scoring yes ABB got a nice one last night and I think Joseph has 1 goal on the season as well but Perry, ABB, Joseph, Radd, Katch, Cirelli, Maroon, PEB all have to start pitching in they have a total of 3 between them. It is a good thing that Killer was not dealt he has picked up from the PO's he may have 30 this year.

I think we have to adjust expectations though. Not many of these guys are capable of 20. Maybe Cirelli, maybe Joseph. If ABB scores 20 it's a massive win for the team, but I think 12-15 is a more realistic target. Raddysh, Katchouk, Maroon, PEB... These guys are all likely to finish the season in single digits. Perry is a bit of an X-factor. PEB doesn't seem to have much offense in his game at all.

Mainly we need Point to be a little better, but I think it would be a bit alarmist to worry about him right now. I don't even care much about what he brings in the regular season, so long as we MAKE the playoffs and he scores double digits when it counts. And he hasn't given us any reason to doubt that he will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad