GDT: 10/21/24 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
Not sure if any of you else do it, but if you wanna continue to watch bad games without getting angry, just watch on mute. Takes the emotion out of it, your view becomes more analytical/film session esque.

Or just turn it off entirely and watch the Buccaneers game.
That’s a laughing stock too.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It's 1 game in October. One very bad game. I just wish it wasn't right after the Ottawa loss which had it's own frustrations.

My own outlook for this team was a reliance on a top heavy 1st line, a healthy Vasy, and a much improved defense. Tonight all three of those things have gone wrong. The Kuch line is having their first real challenge of the season, the pp (which didn't look that bad imo) still can't convert, Vasy was pulled, and we're not giving the same defensive effort we saw against Carolina, Vancouver, and Vegas. I don't know how versatile this team is to work around what other teams throw at us. We knew scoring depth was always going to be an issue when he lost 2 top 6 guys in Stamkos and Duclair and only added 1 in Guentzel, but I expected more from this team defensively.

Last edited:

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Leafs did not get their asses handed to them. Shesterkin stonewalled them to keep the Rangers ahead 2-1 until the empty netters.

Regardless, we need to bounce back tomorrow
Okay, the point is, if ppl on here thought Tampa and Vasy weren't going to have at least several.games like this over an 82 game season, then I'm not sure what to say. The power play and 3rd pairing are the biggest problems so far, but the d pairings is can be switched around and the power play was always going to need time to get going. It's far from time to panic, although as usual around here, that's pretty much all I'm seeing. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Okay, the point is, if ppl on here thought Tampa and Vasy weren't going to have at least several.games like this over an 82 game season, then I'm not sure what to say. The power play and 3rd pairing are the biggest problems so far, but the d pairings is can be switched around and the power play was always going to need time to get going. It's far from time to panic, although as usual around here, that's pretty much all I'm seeing. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise anymore.
I would like to see some roster movement if the obvious weaknesses continue to be weaknesses.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Don't bother man. Some people on here are only here to be negative.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I would like to see some roster movement if the obvious weaknesses continue to be weaknesses.
I'm fine with Crozier getting a look, but nit sure if any if the F's are likely to get called up yet. Duke or Groshev maybe, but even the very talented Geekie hasn't done much yet. Again, it's only been 5 games, so I doubt we'll see any call ups until 15 or so games in unless someone in Syracuse just starts to go off or there's an injury.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Don't bother man. Some people on here are only here to be negative.
Oh, I can be very negative on here (and have been), but it's one bad game in October. It's definitely not remotely close to panic time yet. There's been positive signs for sure, and one truly bad game all around doesn't mean much at this point.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
He's more engaged in games than Sheary. I can see a big contrast in effort between him and Sheary. But yeah, he just doesn't really impact a game physically, offensively, defensively.
Wonder who gets their first goal of the season: Sheary, Atkinson, Glendening, Girgensons, or Geekie?

Man our bottom 6 is shaping up to be horrific from a depth scoring perspective.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Dangerously close to getting in their own heads with the PP struggles, and start to look like the 2023-24 Penguins PP with how bad that shit was.

At least we've got runway to hopefully figure it out

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
If this were some random Thursday game at Seattle with 7 other games on, I'd probably be a lot less mad.

But it being the only game of the night, at Toronto, where we just embarrass ourselves in front of all the diehard hockey fan sickos out there, it's frustrating as f***...

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Wonder who gets their first goal of the season: Sheary, Atkinson, Glendening, Girgensons, or Geekie?

Man our bottom 6 is shaping up to be horrific from a depth scoring perspective.
Geekie has ability, but having linemates who don't doesn't do him any favors. We're not there yet, but I worry the longer he goes pointless how that affects a very young player who is use to always scoring. Confidence and comfort are some of the hardest things for younger players when adapting to this league.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad