GDT: 10/21/24 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
It's 5 games into the season, not worried. I'll take Vasy over all but maybe 2 or 3 goalies in the league still. Just another Tampa "fan" already giving up on the season because of one truly bad game, as expected around here!
The problem is not just Big Cat, I'll give him a pass tonight for the most part. But it's how underprepared/uninspired we looked outside of a 5 minute stretch late in the 1st. Everyone looking slow as f*** and complacent, leading to bad passes, turnovers, and odd man rushes for the Leafs.

Concerning that we could revert to the shit 5v5 play when play faster teams who lean offense

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
It's 5 games into the season, not worried. I'll take Vasy over all but maybe 2 or 3 goalies in the league still. Just another Tampa "fan" already giving up on the season because of one truly bad game, as expected around here!
I'm hardly giving up on the season, I'm just being realistic. My Vasy skepticism goes back a ways now.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Are they just gonna waste another season of everyone's time and money? Need BriseBois and Cooper to really earn their money this year and make us proud of the product they're putting out. Hopefully some help from Syracuse surprises us all.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The problem is not just Big Cat, I'll give him a pass tonight for the most part. But it's how underprepared/uninspired we looked outside of a 5 minute stretch late in the 1st. Everyone looking slow as f*** and complacent, leading to bad passes, turnovers, and odd man rushes for the Leafs.

Concerning that we could revert to the shit 5v5 play when play faster teams who lean offense
Every team in the league is going to have games like this. The Leafs just got thelr asses handed to them last game as well. It sucks that it's happening to Toronto, but it's game 5. If it keeps happening a bunch then sure, there will be cause.for concern, but it's one really bad game and that's it.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Every team in the league is going to have games like this. The Leafs just got thelr asses handed to them last game as well. It sucks that it's happening to Toronto, but it's game 5. If it keeps happening a bunch then sure, there will be cause.for concern, but it's one really bad game and that's it.
Fire Cooper.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Leafs did not get their asses handed to them. Shesterkin stonewalled them to keep the Rangers ahead 2-1 until the empty netters.

Regardless, we need to bounce back tomorrow

Reactions: Soul Assumption

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Not sure if any of you else do it, but if you wanna continue to watch bad games without getting angry, just watch on mute. Takes the emotion out of it, your view becomes more analytical/film session esque.

Or just turn it off entirely and watch the Buccaneers game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad