GDT: 10/2/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 5]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
getting rid of the trash and giving our youth a chance lines:

Guentzel-Point-Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-Groshev
Eyssimont-Paul-Geekie
Goncalves-Girgensons-Chaffee

dump sheary and atkinson in syracuse and glendening can be the 13th forward
Groshev isn't a 2nd line F on this team. They brought Atkinson in for a reason, and also kept Sheary around as well. Maybe if both of them struggle to get going or get injured, then guys like Groshev and Goncalves will get more of a full time.role. I think with Brown already injured (again), Goncalves (provided his injury isn't serious) and maybe Geekie get spots until Ace gets back, then one is sent down or waived in the case of Goncalves. Glendening should be ready by opening night or just a game or two in it seems, amd he's a solid.4th line C, so he shouldn't be sitting in tbe stands or just the 13th F most nights imo

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Coop on Geekie's fight:
"First of all Geekie is new to the organization. It's not like he's been around these guys a ton. He's been with them through training camp, but just to see that come out of him, again in a game that really in the big picture doesn't mean anything in the standings, but it meant something to the guys, and it meant something to him. That goes miles in the locker room."
"First of all he's played in some really big events. He's played in front of some big crowds. He got a little taste in the American League. He's been in all sorts of situations, but in the end he's 20 years old. He looks like a man out there, but he's still a young kid. But what I do see is somebody who has a lot of maturity to his game, and there's some things he needs to work on, and that will come with age and experience. But he's definitely further ahead than I thought he was going to be when he came in here. He keeps showing himself in the good every time he steps on the ice. It's been nice to see."

Geekie:
"Kind of like what Hags touched on, whether it's training camp or not, everyone's got each other's backs. I think like he said that's why they've been so successful. It was kind of a fight or flight moment, and I wasn't letting him get away."
"It's one of those things that it doesn't matter if it's Heddy or whoever it is. If anyone gets hit like that, someone has to step up and I figured I could be that guy. It worked out, but anyone could do it. I'm sure a lot of guys were thinking the same thing as me."
"They've won 3 Stanley Cups, and that's what it takes. So like I said, everyone's got each other's backs in here, and that's why you wear the logo."
"(My teammates) were happy, but again it's just one of those things that it's almost just expected. It doesn't matter your size. You play for the thing on the front, not on the back."

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Groshev isn't a 2nd line F on this team. They brought Atkinson in for a reason, and also kept Sheary around as well. Maybe if both of them struggle to get going or get injured, then guys like Groshev and Goncalves will get more of a full time.role. I think with Brown already injured (again), Goncalves (provided his injury isn't serious) and maybe Geekie get spots until Ace gets back, then one is sent down or waived in the case of Goncalves. Glendening should be ready by opening night or just a game or two in it seems, amd he's a solid.4th line C, so he shouldn't be sitting in tbe stands or just the 13th F most nights imo
groshev isn't a second line forward true, but on this team he should be because sheary and atkinson are the other options and they aren't any better. at least if we give the spot to groshev or geekie there is a small chance for a surprise.

Reactions: Tampa22

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
How do you know Atkinson won't be better than a 30 point AHLer lmao. Some serious goggle vision.

Atkinson and Sheary would both dominate the AHL if they were down there, I get some of you guys don't understand the skill gap between and an NHL regular and minor league players but it's significant. Groshev isn't even on Eyssimonts level.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
groshev isn't a second line forward true, but on this team he should be because sheary and atkinson are the other options and they aren't any better. at least if we give the spot to groshev or geekie there is a small chance for a surprise.
Atkinson and Sheary are both far more experienced and proven at the NHL level. Neither of them are losing a roster spot, at least not to start the season, to Groshev. It looks more and more like both Ace and Glendening will miss very little time, if any, so there's likely one spot available. It's likely one of Brown, Goncalves, or maybe Ylonen, depending on injury status.

Geekie has been the best F prospect this preseason no doubt, and if the coaches feel he doesn't need any time in Syracuse, then he likely gets a full time spot right away. That's been rare for Tampa though, so I still feel he'll get at least 15-20 games with the Crunch before getting called up. Nothing Groahev has done in a handful of preseason games, nor moat of last season with Syracuse, has indicated to me that he's in line for a top 6 or 9 role at this time. Perhaps if he excels in Syracuse and there are injuries or struggling players in Tampa, he'll get a call up. As of now though, he's not ahead of either Atkinson or Sheary to begin the season based on a few preseason games.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The only way Sheary or Atkinson aren't on the opening day roster is due to injury. There is already a short term roster spot up for grabs, none of these kids are dominating to the point that JBB should force a trade to make room.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
not like you guys are wrong, but when i already know two of the players on our roster are gonna f***ing suck it’s just makes me not even want to watch. i feel like we should at least let some of our rookies play with our top guys in the preseason when there is nothing to lose. cooper pretty much has the lineup decided before preseason even starts though so what’s even the point

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
not like you guys are wrong, but when i already know two of the players on our roster are gonna f***ing suck it’s just makes me not even want to watch. i feel like we should at least let some of our rookies play with our top guys in the preseason when there is nothing to lose. cooper pretty much has the lineup decided before preseason even starts though so what’s even the point

This is why many skip the pre-season in like all sports, but those of us starving for hockey will watch just about anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad