GDT: 10/2/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 5]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Geekie just killed a guy.
Greekie, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.
Geekie has disappeared into the Sicilian countryside for about a year. Let things cool down here.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
That 2nd line... *BARF*
IMG_6901.gif

• Love
Reactions: These Are The Days

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I don't think it would hurt putting Guentzel on the 2nd line and tossing Hagel on the 1st just to try and spread out some offense. Worth a shot a least imo.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't think it would hurt putting Guentzel on the 2nd line and tossing Hagel on the 1st just to try and spread out some offense. Worth a shot a least imo.
I am literally praying this happens. Hagel and Cirelli was tried all year long with about as little success as you can imagine. Point and Kucherov having Guentzel is like putting ketchup on your ketchup. It is easily the best line in hockey but I do not find it necessary. I don't care who you throw on there. Paul, Atkinson, Ace... hell throw Sheary, Duke or Goncalves on there. Just give Hagel some help man. He's on permanent Cirelli duty

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I am literally praying this happens. Hagel and Cirelli was tried all year long with about as little success as you can imagine. Point and Kucherov having Guentzel is like putting ketchup on your ketchup. It is easily the best line in hockey but I do not find it necessary. I don't care who you throw on there. Paul, Atkinson, Ace... hell throw Sheary, Duke or Goncalves on there. Just give Hagel some help man. He's on permanent Cirelli duty
Yeah, and Guentzel can play with Point and Kuch on the PP.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
38 BRANDON HAGEL - 21 BRAYDEN POINT - 86 NIKITA KUCHEROV
59 JAKE GUENTZEL- 71 ANTHONY CIRELLI - 73 CONOR SHEARY

Obviously Sheary is the outlier but that 2nd line looks much better. Maybe replace Sheary with Atkinson and you have this:

38 BRANDON HAGEL - 21 BRAYDEN POINT - 86 NIKITA KUCHEROV
59 JAKE GUENTZEL- 71 ANTHONY CIRELLI - 13 CAM ATKINSON

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Lockwood did not play that whole 2nd period after taking that hit behind the net from Groshev in the 1st. Espo and Mishkin speculating that Groshev just knocked the wind out of him, but must have been more

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah, and Guentzel can play with Point and Kuch on the PP.
Exactly. Jake is gonna help us 5 on 5 no doubt. But if you're gonna put him with Kucherov, put Point with Hagel at least. Those 2 together are friggin dynamite. Cooper has a dozen good options to play with even without Stamkos. Just please don't turn us into the Bruins where absolutely nothing happens unless the Pasta, Bergeron and Marchand line was out there; not because you want 1 really good line to happen

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Exactly. Jake is gonna help us 5 on 5 no doubt. But if you're gonna put him with Kucherov, put Point with Hagel at least. Those 2 together are friggin dynamite. Cooper has a dozen good options to play with even without Stamkos. Just please don't turn us into the Bruins where absolutely nothing happens unless the Pasta, Bergeron and Marchand line was out there; not because you want 1 really good line to happen
Guentzel - Cirelli - Kuch
Hagel - Point -_______

This could work maybe.

But I a agree with you, we should really try to spread the offense around.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Guentzel - Cirelli - Kuch
Hagel - Point -_______

This could work maybe.

But I a agree with you, we should really try to spread the offense around.
Separating Point and Kuch would not lead to a larger amount of total offense. They have a ton of chemistry together.

Flipping Guentzel and Hagel would be the first move.

If they want to win, they need to work harder.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Give me Hagel-Point-Geekie
Geekie is probably the best guy to fill those top 6 holes because he can create on his own. 1 goal, 5 points in the prospect tournament, 2 goals, 4 points in the preseason. He's delivered so far. I just doubt they would do that this quickly.

Reactions: Tampa22

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

I talked to Brandon Hagel about the Conor Geekie fight during the second intermission. Hagel actually said he was supposed to get on the ice for his next shift but Geekie told him to stay on the bench. He wanted to fight Davies for his hit on Hedman.

“Good for him. That gains a lot of respect in the dressing room.”

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Not sure why everyone is trying to re-create the wheel on paper to make the second line work

Guentzel-Point-Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-Atkinson

Simple

PuPDLL.gif

Ad

Ad

Ad