GDT: 2024 Training/Rookie Camp/Preseason Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I am probably the biggest Boqvist believer there. And I find it actually crazy that he is already so discredited because of occasional defensive lapses with people completely ignoring any other parts of his player profile.

From first games, it seems to me that Adam Boqvist has immense natural offensive talent. He probably has it even more than Montour (Monty is more physically gifted though). This talent needs to be utilized, you can benefit much more by trying to instill confidence in him than by trying to limit his mistakes as much as possible. It's 2024, every team should have at least one defenseman with high-end offensive skill, just for PP1 (and the more the better). I understand that some users would be completely fine with D group of 6 Mikkola-s, but I don't think you can win with it in this league.

Talk about different paradigms of hockey perception. Every day I come here and being surprised by some common narratives. Remember when people went scapegoating Rodrigues? Turns out I was completely right on him since the beginning, but people only started to realise it when he had unexpected scoring surge in Finals (although his main net positive quality is not scoring).

Panthers fans and basic hockey-knowledges you know... It never added up ! lol

I have faith in Adam, he will become a fan-favorite IMO... Only those who can't enjoy offensive defenseman won't like him.

He is a reclamation-project, and we've been great at those... Let's see what Lefebvre and Maurice have cooking for him through the first 10 games or so before making any real judgement.

The brothers have potential to become new key parts of this team going forward and they both are pretty young with some untapped potential !

Didn't you all forgot to never bet against Zito ?

Reactions: Idiot Stick

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I actually like Bjornfot yesterday, first time really that I've noticed him. Too little too late I guess.

He has been steady since the beginning of training camp IMO.

Good stick, good decisions, good skating.

We'll see if the league has lost faith in him...

For us it's more a numbers-game : Hovorka impressing (not me, not right now, but think he will be good long-term), Uvis and Adam grabbing their spots, showing they have the talents and upsides to be part of our rotation.

There are only so many spots available with Forsling, Ekblad, Mikkola, Kulikov and Schmidt already in the mix !

Would be crazy for Uvis AND Sandis to make it !!!

Reactions: TotalHomer

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
I have my fantasy draft tonight. If I take Bobrovsky, I would want to platoon him with the Panthers backup. Who is the favorite to land the backup job - Knight or Driedger?

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Dalpe has and always will be a veteran guy for the AHL. He was never in the plans to play 4th line center IMO. Serviceable call-up and a great guy to have in the system.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
He has been steady since the beginning of training camp IMO.

Good stick, good decisions, good skating.

We'll see if the league has lost faith in him...

For us it's more a numbers-game : Hovorka impressing (not me, not right now, but think he will be good long-term), Uvis and Adam grabbing their spots, showing they have the talents and upsides to be part of our rotation.

There are only so many spots available with Forsling, Ekblad, Mikkola, Kulikov and Schmidt already in the mix !

Would be crazy for Uvis AND Sandis to make it !!!

Schmid has been very solid so far, let's see if he can keep up when the pace ramps up.

I think Uvis is a lock, either as a #7 D or #6. Sandis will benefit much more from playing in the ahl.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
I have faith in Adam, he will become a fan-favorite IMO... Only those who can't enjoy offensive defenseman won't like him.
My gut feeling has always been that nearly half of hockey fans everywhere just can't fully enjoy offensive defensemen. It may seem unnatural for them defenseman making purposefully high risk-decision or openly prioritise offense.

Reactions: iam76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad