Injury Report: 10/19 Burns

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Maybe they orange shirted him to keep him from getting into it with other teammates :P

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Is there an article on this? The tweets don't say anything about prior bumping.

the tweets said something about burns slashing sheppard, then sheppard returning some brisk shoves, and then boyle stepped in to be the peace keeper.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
So agreed. Cannot understand why they don't just say what the full injury is. It's like the seasons mysterious injury bug.

It bothers me too. But honestly what does it matter. Either way .. he will come back as soon as he is able to and the team doctors decide he is ready. He is definitely a big piece in our success and they are not going to hold him out any more than they have to.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
So what's the over under now? Today is game 10. Obviously he is going to not play on the trip so hopefully next week.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Because DW and co think theyre employed by the CIA.

I think it's more concern along the lines that while Daryl knows Quick will bounce back without losing much, Burns' injury seems to have revealed his one true weakness to all the other teams in the NHL, his kryptonite if you will. So smoke and mirrors, double-speak, and misdirection are the means to hide his core failing....

Which is getting hit tremendously ****in' hard in the face of course, repeatedly, it'll shut him down every time.
The *****. Only player he's truly safe from is Bieksa; he hits *****. And only *****. Cause he likes *****. :p:

Last edited:

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I think it's more concern along the lines that while Daryl knows Quick will bounce back without losing much, Burns' injury seems to have revealed his one true weakness to all the other teams in the NHL, his kryptonite if you will. So smoke and mirrors, double-speak, and misdirection are the means to hide his core failing....

Which is getting hit tremendously ****in' hard in the face of course, it'll shut him down every time.
The *****. Only player he's truly safe from is Bieksa, he hits *****. And only *****. Cause he likes *****. :p:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

A little on the nose no? :sarcasm:

But seriously, the longer this goes the scarier this gets (sigh). It's weird cause in the remake of "Man on Fire" starring Denzel Washington, Mark Anthony, Dakota Fanning, and an all-star cast of supporting characters, Denzel, or detective Creasy (in character) was shot multiple times during the harrowing kidnapping scene and yet managed shortly thereafter, sans montage no less, to pursue the enemy and exact brutal justice at a decidedly high level. And he was like super dying the whole time, not just nicked in the face with a goalie paddle. Personally I think Burns is better then Denzel, but even if we go by strict Corsi basics Burns could be back at nearly the 5on5 possession numbers of metaphorical Denzel. And as such, he'd be helping the Sharks return to absurd league dominance very much a parallel to the dominance imparted by Denzel, when he was from a cinematic exposition point expounding upon the growing bond between himself and the youthful Dakota Fanning, whilst guiding "Pita's" swimming "career" - if you will - (in particular her starts off the blocks) by using analogous motivational cross-talk drawn from his own military background (super elite) to harden her resolve through the crucible of competition; at zenith emerging victorious - cementing to even the most jaded viewer a union more fixed than the most stable ionic or covalent bond of simple elemental chemistry (presenting an elegant and idealistic allegory for what Burns could impart in the impending assent of the Sharks to Lord Stanley's Cup) - in what we can only infer was "the big swim meet" as it was attended by like 30 people (which as a former youth swimmer is a damn big deal, cause as an adult, admittedly without children, anything seems better than a youth swim meet, including hand washing the inner tanks of public mobile latrines frequented by inebriates and the homeless, or say performing an ad-hoc colonoscopy on your own mother with a 1994 RCA mini HI-8 camcorder duct-taped to a broom handle in the back of an AM/PM in Modesto). Maybe Burns simply needs a Pita Ramos archetype to get him back on the ice with haste? Does anyone know a little girl we could kidnap to get Brent in the lineup? Preferably precocious and toe-headed? We gotta uncage the beast. Also, who else loves beer!!!!!! :D

Last edited:

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Burns??!?!?!?

I remember last year there was the same mystery absence. Different reasons of course. But his is one strange hockey player .

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Although I know the team owes us nothing, this is really becoming a huge concern. For there to just be no idea what is going on yet he's missing a gigantic number of games. Is it possible there might be something else entirely? This is starting to be inordinate even for a concussion. Substance abuse? Mental illness? Cancer? Is it possible it could be any of those and no news be out about it?

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
has anyone actually seen Burns lately?
Lumpy.png

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I think we're at a month. That's longer than day to day and 15 day disabled list. Why is the team so quiet on injuries anyway, especially this one.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Maybe the Howard Hughes look wasn't a coincidence and he's become a reclusive eccentric nutbar instead of the lovable eccentric hockey playing nutbar we knew and loved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad