GDT: 10/14/14 - 7:30PM EDT - New Jersey VS Tampa Bay

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Hey Guys, just wanted to say that was a great game and you guys have one hell of a team. I wouldn't consider ourselves lucky to win because we played pretty well ourself, but we got some big breaks. I think both of our teams will be playoff bound with you guys being in the top 3 in the East. Good luck with the rest of the season.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Hey Guys, just wanted to say that was a great game and you guys have one hell of a team. I wouldn't consider ourselves lucky to win because we played pretty well ourself, but we got some big breaks. I think both of our teams will be playoff bound with you guys being in the top 3 in the East. Good luck with the rest of the season.

The Devils did play not badly. That's all the nice you get.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night

Thanks buddy. My concerns is more what we aren't seeing, e.g. Palat seems lost much more than I remember. We're not getting a ton of chemistry between our top players etc. I don't know that I line our line balance.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
people *****ing about garrison and sustr or whoever need to shut it watch FNNNNNNNNNINNNNNNGGGGG

Carle he cant get puck through to net to save damn life he is just arghhhhhh

I am not mad at anyone but carle is always annoying to me:)

Now seeing the other defenders doing more he needs to step it up

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The Devils played well.

That being said I do think that it was a mix of things for our team tonight, first B2B games of the season and I think that takes some getting used to, then it's the first game infront of Nabby and I'm sure some of them at least were a bit unsure of what that would mean, and then of course it's only the 4th game and they are still trying to gel and on top of that they know that Drouin is coming and especially the young guys might be a bit unsure of what that would mean for them and their place on the team so there might be some issues there, all-in-all it was an ok game and while you want to win every game that's not poissible but it's the loses that you learn from and hopefully this was a learning game for them.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
people *****ing about garrison and sustr or whoever need to shut it watch FNNNNNNNNNINNNNNNGGGGG

He is what he is.

Sustr is not good, which is unfortunate because I was trying to convince people that he was progressing at the end of the season. The development is not there. You should be able to see clear development from one season to the next with these guys; see Namestnikov and Kuch. His gap control is terrible, he can't move laterally, and I haven't noticed an increase in foot speed whatsoever. I'm disappointed.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Why the **** are the soundcloud clips so ****ing quiet?! I have to turn my speakers to 100% to begin to hear what they're saying.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
This game:

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

Saw that coming.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
He is what he is.

Sustr is not good, which is unfortunate because I was trying to convince people that he was progressing at the end of the season. The development is not there. You should be able to see clear development from one season to the next with these guys; see Namestnikov and Kuch. His gap control is terrible, he can't move laterally, and I haven't noticed an increase in foot speed whatsoever. I'm disappointed.

I would bet money I could pull up posts from YOU of hedmans first two years?

Want to bet? He is a rookie yes 23 or whatever but man he needs the reps you are expecting too much the jump for defenders is not the same as a jump by a forward:)

Defenders are more 28 prime year forwards are like 24 sometimes huge difference:)

You are probably viewing other guys progressions and if you want to look at that look at his piers guys like him. Is he showing more than aulie? etc..

Sustr will be fine maybe never a top d but a good 5-6 guy sure. He is a rookie with what 40 some games? I am guessing didnt look. I mean lower the expectations especially on young d. I have had to for detroit now for years lol.

Smith kindl the other slug of life for detroit cant even name him hate him sooooooo much haha lol not dekeyser but he was higher ranked coming out of college than sustr. Give him time he needs the reps here or in the ahl and for me ? is fine either way. Probably rather have in syracuse this year with koekkoek but doesnt look like that is going to happen.

Go look at d guys who how long it takes honestly sustr is fine. He just might never be all that much but is he NHL guy sure. Has that reach skates reasonable well.

Garrison turned it over in middle of ice just shot it across blindly and cost us with a few minutes left like 2 minutes at least a minute of time in our zone that is a vet doing that nonsense.

I am shocked he did that but I am sure he will get talked to should have just shot to other end get a change something just stupid move.

I aint worried on our kids.

I hate our lines we have no chemistry yet everyone can say well we got 7 in montreal sure. What did tyjo and palat do or killorn or whoever was with stamkos?

Go back to flipper cally and pally for now. Stamkos was doing it on own cant wait for drouin im all for him taking martys old spot with tyjo or killer on top line would hope was kucherov cause he can play there but obviously we are trying to force a square peg in a round hole or something.

my lines

stamkos drouin kucherov
flipper cally pally
tyjo vladdy connolly
killer boyle brown morrow.

So yes cant win every game schneider played ass off their top line played well and jagr is still unreal at 42 lol.

The one and only major concern when I watched was the comparison of seeing their d in offensive zonec compared to ours? They seemed more calm.

Our d didnt seem as calm and controlling of the puck situation as new jersey so hope we can work on that get some more confidence into everyone.

So end of rant we are going to play better and get better but def have concerns right now. It will take time and that is probably our biggest factor lol.

Again not terrible just not all that good and we are off. We got 7 but was two great players taking over lol.

We owned them and than seemed to turn it off? I have actually been quite impressed with our second period especially the start before today.

Hats off to new jersey they didnt give us much but thats when you just try that much harder you do that extra hit etc.. Not sure if mentally we are in that zone yet:)

Hope soon I expect this team to be great and hope to see it this season. We maybe had a glimpse but even as watched yesterday said to self we can be better:)

3 days off saturday next game lots of time to get things done:) Hope for drouin very exciting.

I am really disappointed we didnt get nabby his first win he played well enough and deserved it:)

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011

i'm pretty much scared right now with what we have after our 1st pairing.

I think we need to keep brewer until this thing is figured out.

Suster I'm 99 percent sure he is going to be sent down thus we now need brewer. man I'm not liking it after Hedman and Stral.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
I would bet money I could pull up posts from YOU of hedmans first two years?

Want to bet? He is a rookie yes 23 or whatever but man he needs the reps you are expecting too much the jump for defenders is not the same as a jump by a forward:)

Defenders are more 28 prime year forwards are like 24 sometimes huge difference:)

You are probably viewing other guys progressions and if you want to look at that look at his piers guys like him. Is he showing more than aulie? etc..

Sustr will be fine maybe never a top d but a good 5-6 guy sure. He is a rookie with what 40 some games? I am guessing didnt look. I mean lower the expectations especially on young d. I have had to for detroit now for years lol.

Smith kindl the other slug of life for detroit cant even name him hate him sooooooo much haha lol not dekeyser but he was higher ranked coming out of college than sustr. Give him time he needs the reps here or in the ahl and for me ? is fine either way. Probably rather have in syracuse this year with koekkoek but doesnt look like that is going to happen.

Go look at d guys who how long it takes honestly sustr is fine. He just might never be all that much but is he NHL guy sure. Has that reach skates reasonable well.

Garrison turned it over in middle of ice just shot it across blindly and cost us with a few minutes left like 2 minutes at least a minute of time in our zone that is a vet doing that nonsense.

I am shocked he did that but I am sure he will get talked to should have just shot to other end get a change something just stupid move.

I aint worried on our kids.

I hate our lines we have no chemistry yet everyone can say well we got 7 in montreal sure. What did tyjo and palat do or killorn or whoever was with stamkos?

Go back to flipper cally and pally for now. Stamkos was doing it on own cant wait for drouin im all for him taking martys old spot with tyjo or killer on top line would hope was kucherov cause he can play there but obviously we are trying to force a square peg in a round hole or something.

my lines

stamkos drouin kucherov
flipper cally pally
tyjo vladdy connolly
killer boyle brown morrow.

So yes cant win every game schneider played ass off their top line played well and jagr is still unreal at 42 lol.

The one and only major concern when I watched was the comparison of seeing their d in offensive zonec compared to ours? They seemed more calm.

Our d didnt seem as calm and controlling of the puck situation as new jersey so hope we can work on that get some more confidence into everyone.

So end of rant we are going to play better and get better but def have concerns right now. It will take time and that is probably our biggest factor lol.

Again not terrible just not all that good and we are off. We got 7 but was two great players taking over lol.

We owned them and than seemed to turn it off? I have actually been quite impressed with our second period especially the start before today.

Hats off to new jersey they didnt give us much but thats when you just try that much harder you do that extra hit etc.. Not sure if mentally we are in that zone yet:)

Hope soon I expect this team to be great and hope to see it this season. We maybe had a glimpse but even as watched yesterday said to self we can be better:)

3 days off saturday next game lots of time to get things done:) Hope for drouin very exciting.

I am really disappointed we didnt get nabby his first win he played well enough and deserved it:)

Best lines so far on paper.

This Brownie guy and killorn are just not top 9

and what is being posted. NO CHEMISTRY

we need to get these lines corrected.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
At the game, not very exciting to watch. Devil's played an excellent road game, clogged up the ice, protected their goalie, and Schneider pulled the rabbit out of the hat. In our own end, we gave up enough decent scoring chances that you can't give Jersey all of the credit, we need to tighten up assignments in front and get better at transitioning the puck.

Players that stood out, I thought Brewer had a poor game. One particular play he got caught flat footed and fell down, giving up a premium scoring chance.

Hedman look human. Sustr still looks raw, not bad but not a play maker at all. They gave BC some time with Stamkos but I don't think he did much with it.

On a positive note, Namestnikov and TJ were noticeable in good ways, lots of good forechecking and applied good pressure. Killorn and Brown won quite a few puck battles, and Filpulla I thought was the best center on the ice. Stamkos and Palat looked very pedestrian.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
At the game, not very exciting to watch. Devil's played an excellent road game, clogged up the ice, protected their goalie, and Schneider pulled the rabbit out of the hat. In our own end, we gave up enough decent scoring chances that you can't give Jersey all of the credit, we need to tighten up assignments in front and get better at transitioning the puck.

Players that stood out, I thought Brewer had a poor game. One particular play he got caught flat footed and fell down, giving up a premium scoring chance.

Hedman look human. Sustr still looks raw, not bad but not a play maker at all. They gave BC some time with Stamkos but I don't think he did much with it.

On a positive note, Namestnikov and TJ were noticeable in good ways, lots of good forechecking and applied good pressure. Killorn and Brown won quite a few puck battles, and Filpulla I thought was the best center on the ice. Stamkos and Palat looked very pedestrian.

I've thought that in every game this season...

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I'm not happy with our lines and matchups. Both our top lines didn't look very good. Especially Palat doesn't look like Palat. Connolly deserves a bump up the lineup. Killer wasn't good until he scored the goal. I'm not sure how to fix all that but I say let's shuffle the lines a bit, see what else might be working. Our players are talented so they will adjust quickly. Oh and Drouin's could play as early as Saturday too!

Please tell me Chief actually said Mike Calamari. Please.

I once unintentionally ordered fried Cammalleri in a restaurant. A friend called me a hockey nerd. :(

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'm not happy with our lines and matchups. Both our top lines didn't look very good. Especially Palat doesn't look like Palat. Connolly deserves a bump up the lineup. Killer wasn't good until he scored the goal. I'm not sure how to fix all that but I say let's shuffle the lines a bit, see what else might be working. Our players are talented so they will adjust quickly. Oh and Drouin's could play as early as Saturday too!

I once unintentionally ordered fried Cammalleri in a restaurant. A friend called me a hockey nerd. :(

Priceless:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
4th game in 6 nights, the night after an emotional win, up against a grinding team that slows the game down? This just happens.

I didn't think anyone was particularly bad. I'd still like to see Sustr play in Syracuse so he can get bigger minutes. I feel like Palat is very slowly remembering about Drej. This was the first game where I noticed him stealing pucks and winning unwinnable battles. Still a ways to go though.

I also really wish Coop would break down just pair Flip and Stamkos together. We have more than enough depth to get away with it.

Bedford Bolt

Nov 2, 2013
UK
Was at the game in 103, pretty disappointing and boring game really, I actually didn't think brewer was too bad overall. nj defence was pretty solid and cally missed a perfect set up which hurt. im also not sold on brown, very fast but his hands can't keep up.

The thing I was most gutted about was the breaking of our 100% pk! :cry:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
4th game in 6 nights, the night after an emotional win, up against a grinding team that slows the game down? This just happens.

I didn't think anyone was particularly bad. I'd still like to see Sustr play in Syracuse so he can get bigger minutes. I feel like Palat is very slowly remembering about Drej. This was the first game where I noticed him stealing pucks and winning unwinnable battles. Still a ways to go though.

I also really wish Coop would break down just pair Flip and Stamkos together. We have more than enough depth to get away with it.

Can't win them all, 5 points out of a potential 8 is not bad at all.

One thing that sucks about this loss, is have to let it linger for 3 days till the next game.

Both Johnson and Palat need to get going.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't win them all, 5 points out of a potential 8 is not bad at all.

One thing that sucks about this loss, is have to let it linger for 3 days till the next game.

Both Johnson and Palat need to get going.

I think Johnson struggles on the wing. I'd love to see us move him to 2C, maybe with Palat and Callahan, and then bump Filppula up with Stamkos. Maybe with Kucherov, or even a guy like Brown who can win races and just get the puck somewhat close to Flip.

I take back what I said earlier though about no one looking all that bad. I thought Morrow, who I've been thrilled with up until this game, looked pretty fatigued. I wouldn't mind resting him in the future on back-to-backs. And Connolly looked like he was panicking with the puck again, like last year.

But if there was a game out of this set we were supposed to lose, this was probably the one. 4 games in 6 nights, tail-end of back-to-backs, and NJ just does this to us anyway, even when they're not rolling.

Cammalleri looks like a great fit there so far. Nice to see him doing well again. Just wish he hadn't done so well against us. ;)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just watched the highlights, didn't notice Carle or Sustr out there on either goal so not sure why everyone is hating on them. Kucherov needs to start scoring or he'll be back to Syracuse soon.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Just watched the highlights, didn't notice Carle or Sustr out there on either goal so not sure why everyone is hating on them. Kucherov needs to start scoring or he'll be back to Syracuse soon.

Are you kidding me? Kuch and Names continue to be dangerous with the puck. Brown on their line is pathetic. Kid can hustle but his hands can not keep up with them. Give them a skilled winger who can actually bury the puck, and that line has 3-4 more goals this season.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Excellent trolling. Let's break it down for those who are looking to up their game.

The key to the whole thing is in the first part - "Just watched the highlights". Compare this to his troll a few games ago, where he just said "looked at the stats." That was too heavy-handed, but rather, this one says "I didn't watch the game BUT I have some information." This is enough to say "I saw the plays that are bad" without having watched the whole game, which gives him a bit more clout than just looking at the box score.

The rest is standard, but it is all opened up by the beginning. Contrarian opinions have always been Hose's game, but his latest move has really moved him up a few rungs of the ladder. Bravo.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Excellent trolling. Let's break it down for those who are looking to up their game.

The key to the whole thing is in the first part - "Just watched the highlights". Compare this to his troll a few games ago, where he just said "looked at the stats." That was too heavy-handed, but rather, this one says "I didn't watch the game BUT I have some information." This is enough to say "I saw the plays that are bad" without having watched the whole game, which gives him a bit more clout than just looking at the box score.

The rest is standard, but it is all opened up by the beginning. Contrarian opinions have always been Hose's game, but his latest move has really moved him up a few rungs of the ladder. Bravo.

Yes. I do enjoy Hose's comments. He's good at what he does - I can never be quite sure if he's serious or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad