GDT: 10/14/14 - 7:30PM EDT - New Jersey VS Tampa Bay

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yes. I do enjoy Hose's comments. He's good at what he does - I can never be quite sure if he's serious or not.

That's the genius. He'll mix some commonly held opinions in with his praise for Anders Lindback/Brian Lee.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
I'm not happy with our lines and matchups. Both our top lines didn't look very good. Especially Palat doesn't look like Palat. Connolly deserves a bump up the lineup. Killer wasn't good until he scored the goal. I'm not sure how to fix all that but I say let's shuffle the lines a bit, see what else might be working. Our players are talented so they will adjust quickly. Oh and Drouin's could play as early as Saturday too!

I once unintentionally ordered fried Cammalleri in a restaurant. A friend called me a hockey nerd. :(

That's awesome!!!
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
NJ is a good team. Tough to play against if your playing from behind. We just never had any real solid chances and when we did Schneider was there. This is one team I don't want to play in the playoffs however the team is full of vets. They may not be healthy or worn out by playoff time. One things for sure when you line up against them your getting a tough team to play against.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You guys are making me blush. Don't praise me too much I'm not sure I can handle the pressure, I might pull a Lindback.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You guys are making me blush. Don't praise me too much I'm not sure I can handle the pressure, I might pull a Lindback.

in all fairness everyone knows I break down the games and multi watch them haha.

Carle is just a split second slow he is close to on as someone pointed out palat showed FIRST LIFE last night lol.

Good things are coming is frustrating we didnt come out of gate as world beaters though. We got work to do yet its not how you start but how you finish I have faith.

I know carle will get his 30 to 40 he wills start being the carle I dont hate lol.

Brewer has played well to me. I like morrow but am gonna be happier with killer and connolly back there hopefully at times together with boyle.

Did anyone notice boyle skating in offensive zone? He skates like andre roy does when he is funnin when you all remember that.

Now I love boyle but is funny to watch him at times and he is a pk machine but know why you dont want him on 3 haha.

And about kucherov hose? He has been good he is very good at stealing pucks now kinda like palat does or did last year. He is incredible at passing he should have hmm 6 assists? I think thats fair add a couple goals so 9 points think that would lead the league.

Ya we blew that many for kucherov so far lol

STAMKOS DROUIN KUCHEROV GIVE ME MY DREAM. Those three just think at another level sooner or later its gonna happen THANK THE STARS BOLTS LIGHTNING STEVIE and all things good amen haha.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
I think Brownie is killing the Russian line. My Informantes tell me the 3 are all best friends therefore I think they are giving some lee way there. (the bottom line is we need to get Brownie off that line and you will see more points from that line, brownie is holding them back) This is a special class these two Russians.

Boyle so far is not impressing me. But I will reserve judgement since its early.

Morrow is sliding as the season goes. ouch.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We've allowed on goal shorthanded so far, and Boyle is a huge part of that.

How is that not impressing you?

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
I think Brownie is killing the Russian line. My Informantes tell me the 3 are all best friends therefore I think they are giving some lee way there. (the bottom line is we need to get Brownie off that line and you will see more points from that line, brownie is holding them back) This is a special class these two Russians.

Boyle so far is not impressing me. But I will reserve judgement since its early.

Morrow is sliding as the season goes. ouch.

You saw the bold right?

I have gone to the games and I would not credit him exclusively to our success at the pk at this point. (but I do like him on the pk) And its only 4 games but his offensive skills are atrocious up until now.

Again look at the bold, thank you. :)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The bolded is irrelevant. You said you're not impressed - I asked what's not to be impressed about. On top of the excellent PK, he also has chipped in with two primary assists - not bad in ~13 minutes of TOI and from a 4th liner.

Your expectations for players are consistently out of whack.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Everyone likes to get the last word in so I think I will pass. :cry:

nobody wants to get bored here I already stated what I think.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Killorn needs to be traded or on the fourth with Brown and Boyle when Drouin comes up.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Killorn needs to be traded or on the fourth with Brown and Boyle when Drouin comes up.

Why? He's playing pretty well, at worst he'll be replacing Brown on the 3rd line.

Johnson has easily been the most consistant forward this year though, and his PKing has been exceptional, he does the thing where he just drives down the wing and fires a shot on into the goalie, 99% of the time it doesn't go in but relieves pressure and gains an offensive zone start.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is probably as well as Killer has played since the beginning of last year. I wouldn't mind him on fourth line when Drouin gets back, mind you, but not as any kind of punishment. I just think he can still get quality minutes there, and it would give us a fourth line to be reckoned with. And right now there's not a big difference in icetime between our 3rd and 4th line anyway.

It looks like either him or Brown will get the bump down, and I'd be fine with either.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

He also made two nice plays that led to goals for Palat and Connolly. If he keeps this up he is going to have 3rd line production. The guy has some offensive ability in him.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
No debate from me that if you put someone else(say Drouin) on the Russian line and the points will start flowing but that line currently has great chemistry and having a puck hound with speed to get in the corners and pass to his more talented teammates is never a bad thing. I just wish he would put some sticky stuff on his stick or something, every time he gets the puck in a scoring position it seems to grow legs and run away from him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He also made two nice plays that led to goals for Palat and Connolly. If he keeps this up he is going to have 3rd line production. The guy has some offensive ability in him.

Icetime-wise, it looks like our 3rd and 4th lines are almost interchangeable anyway. The only guy who's icetime is below 10 minutes right now is Morrow. I suspect he'll be getting nights off once Drouin returns, which isn't a bad thing.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Goodmorning Tampa!!!................................................(Islander here)

so glad you guys beat Schneider, that made me smile ... and I'm still smiling hehehe

BTW, are you happy with Nabby? You shouldn't be afraid to play him, he's pretty good when he doesn't need to play EVERY game. Too bad he was misused by Isles. Wish him luck in Tampa.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Goodmorning Tampa!!!................................................(Islander here)

so glad you guys beat Schneider, that made me smile ... and I'm still smiling hehehe

BTW, are you happy with Nabby? You shouldn't be afraid to play him, he's pretty good when he doesn't need to play EVERY game. Too bad he was misused by Isles. Wish him luck in Tampa.

You realize we lost, right?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
OMG, I'm so sorry, my bad, I realize that now :facepalm:

I apologize,

but Nabby is really good, you will see, I wouldn't be surprised if his save-pct is better than any other Isles goalie this season.

Well, you'll feel good to know that he was probably our best player in that game.

Our goaltending and defense don't seem to be a problem right now. We're struggling to score. What kind of bizzarro world is this?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
OMG, I'm so sorry, my bad, I realize that now :facepalm:

I apologize,

but Nabby is really good, you will see, I wouldn't be surprised if his save-pct is better than any other Isles goalie this season.

Nabby had a good game, our offense just could not get going. We scored too many goals against Montreal and could not save them for the next night, lol.

Anytime your goalie gives up only 2 goals or less, it should at least get into OT. imo.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Well, you'll feel good to know that he was probably our best player in that game.

Our goaltending and defense don't seem to be a problem right now. We're struggling to score. What kind of bizzarro world is this?

Always against Jersey, every god damn time. Another team along with Boston that I hope we don't ever see in the playoffs.

Nabby had a good game, our offense just could not get going. We scored too many goals against Montreal and could not save them for the next night, lol.

Anytime your goalie gives up only 2 goals or less, it should at least get into OT. imo.

Could've been much worse, he had to stop a handful of shots point blank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad