GDT: 10/13/16 7 PM - Game 1 - BRUINS at Columbus OPENING NIGHT - NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Thrilled to be tied going into the third. Marchand almost got the lead.. So close.

Hopefully Marchand's play Wales a few guys up. Namely Krejci. He really needs to step up. Or at least not suck.

Heinen should see very limited ice in the third. He's not ready for nhl level hockey.

Julien should really shorten the bench..

Marchand-Backes-Pasta
Spooner-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Domo-nash

Spot duty for Czarnik and Acciari.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Can anyone shed light on if Czarnik can play RW? Really want to see Backes-Pastrnak kept together.

Backes Pasta isn't why that line looks good. You need to swap Backes out for Bergy when he's healthy, imo. Marchand is the straw that's stirring the drink tonight for that line.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
He was a top 5 LW last year.

Allow me to elaborate: on the score charts. I think he's going to get a hell of alot more assists than last year in addition to 35+ goals. Pastrnak replacing Connolly on that line should be a night and day difference. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 75-80 points this year.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Czarnik and Heinen both look like rookies so far. Carlo and O'Gara have made blunders but look reasonable. Marchand looks amazing, Pasta and Backes look good.

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
I feel Like Krejci just goes into the locker room in between periods, sits down with a tea and works on a puzzle or a paint by numbers calmly.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The goals against have been ugly on multiple players but overall they haven't played that bad. Certainly not worse than I was expecting. Love to see the battle back.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Backes Pasta isn't why that line looks good. You need to swap Backes out for Bergy when he's healthy, imo. Marchand is the straw that's stirring the drink tonight for that line.

Yea, of course you do. But to say Backes isn't why it's good is disingenuous. It can be more than 1 player.

I haven't liked Pasta with Bergeron and Marchand but I'm fine with them giving it some more time to see if it develops.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I feel Like Krejci just goes into the locker room in between periods, sits down with a tea and works on a puzzle or a paint by numbers calmly.

And when he comes out onto the ice he's still trying to figure out solutions to the puzzle while the game goes on around him.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Not at all upset with what I'm seeing tonight. Carlo and O'Gara have made mistakes you would expect, but are also making plays you wouldn't expect(Carlo keep the puck in on the goal for instance).

Love Colin's play so far. I hope he continues this.

Of course the top line is killing it. I actually think Backes with Krejci is gonna get him going.

Czarnik and Heinen have taken some bad penalties and haven't really looked too great.

Like the rejuvenated 4th line. They aren't bad. Not sure how good they will be.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Marshy, Backes, Pasta have been great. Spooner sometimes thinks the game too much. Czarnik is quicker thinking but he did make that tape to tape with Seth Jones. Similar players but they bring different things both are good. Colin on the PP was trying position himself for a bomb but the jackets played it right. I was hoping Marshy was going slip it to him that one time but he shot. No use shooting on dee for the sake of shooting if all you see is knee pads. Hamilton was actually good at getting it through. It will come if they keep working on it in practise. O'Gara is steady, Carlo is trying to figure out how to play with a legend. He is trying play his game and help out Chara. It happens a lot with guys we put with him. Nothing against Chara but declining speed and puck movement puts a partner under pressure as it does with the kids lack of experience. Happended to Dougie and Colin. Lot to learn from the guy but not easy to play with. This is not Seabrooke, Doughty we are talking about. Cut the kid some slack, we need him to get it. Columbus is bringing it to as a big fast team, not an easy start to a career.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Exactly - Claude would never do it but Backes is giving Marchand and Pasta space by occupying 2 players at all times by going to net

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016

I agree that Marchand has gone full beast mode tonight but going back to the pre-season it seems Backes brings out a little more in Pastrnak. I know it's limited sample size and - to your point - Marchand has been driving the line tonight, but it's important that Pastrnak develop and Backes seems to be a great influence on him.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
At least they won't need a new logo when they swap the team to the Boston Brads

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Marchand just looks like he reads everything 2 seconds before anyone else does. Looks elite, hope he keeps it up.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Beleskey has been one of the worst players on the ice for the Bruins tonight.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Not at all upset with what I'm seeing tonight. Carlo and O'Gara have made mistakes you would expect, but are also making plays you wouldn't expect(Carlo keep the puck in on the goal for instance).

Love Colin's play so far. I hope he continues this.

Of course the top line is killing it. I actually think Backes with Krejci is gonna get him going.

Czarnik and Heinen have taken some bad penalties and haven't really looked too great.

Like the rejuvenated 4th line. They aren't bad. Not sure how good they will be.

Like Colin Miller a lot. Skates and looks like a combo Petr Svoboda and Mathieu Schneider of the Habs from the late 80's

That call on Heinen was a terrible call

All 4 kids are a little Helter Skelter but remember Marchand stat line 2009-10 20 GP 0 G 1 A -3 20 PIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad