GDT: 10/11/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Vasy was terrific, Moser made some really nice plays in his Bolts debut, and of course you can't stop Nikita Kucherov. Good win for the Bolts.
Feels like the thing the front office wanted to address was the ability to lock it down. That fourth like is going to be a f***ing pain to play against and our D isn't going to be dynamic outside of Hedman but it will be safe.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Feels like the thing the front office wanted to address was the ability to lock it down. That fourth like is going to be a f***ing pain to play against and our D isn't going to be dynamic outside of Hedman but it will be safe.
I don't know about that. The old McD/Drago line is tough. We have two lines so far. We just need to find that final playoff pairing.

Oh, wait, we still have 81 games to go.

Reactions: Rschmitz

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Vasy was terrific, Moser made some really nice plays in his Bolts debut, and of course you can't stop Nikita Kucherov. Good win for the Bolts.
I didn't see the whole game but Moser looked wonderful. I'm not trying to kick over Sergachev's grave stone but my Lord do I wish he kept it simple. I never wanted the flash gone from his game but he could never do it without so many mistakes. If Moser didn't wear 90 I don't think I'd have noticed him

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
So, 1 game in here is my big take away.

This feels different.

Unlike last year, I see structure and guys playing to their strengths. Not a lot of scrambling, not a lot of indecisiveness. As the season progresses and we tighten up we are going to be an absolute bitch to play against. Our D, especially, doesn't have many weak links to exploit.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I see 90 and 14 out there and can't help myself but think it's Vladdy or Maroon at first glance. Esp. Geekie with the hair.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Kucherov gets 4 points at 9.75 million and 6.25 million per year Cirelli got zero points so everything is back to normal. We got as far as kuch, vasi , and hedmanc arry us.
1728705396874.png

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
0-3? Please... Sabres have the Atlantic right where they want them. Way ahead. For the draft..
Well normally they start the season on a huge tear and inevitably miss the playoffs. Maybe they're trying to do it the opposite way

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Kucherov gets 4 points at 9.75 million and 6.25 million per year Cirelli got zero points so everything is back to normal. We got as far as kuch, vasi , and hedmanc arry us.
View attachment 915438
I dunno. I heard the commentary calling out 71’s play more than once. It isn’t always about the scoresheet, right? (And btw, I’m no slut for Cirelli), The funniest line of the night was them calling out 86 for his “mens league hanging out at the blue line” for his hatter. Recalling that they had seen/played it at some time in their “senior” play. Hilarious.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I dunno. I heard the commentary calling out 71’s play more than once. It isn’t always about the scoresheet, right? (And btw, I’m no slut for Cirelli), The funniest line of the night was them calling out 86 for his “mens league hanging out at the blue line” for his hatter. Recalling that they had seen/played it at some time in their “senior” play. Hilarious.
Was that Cally who said that? He gets a pass.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
The most encouraging take away from this game for me was Vasy and Kuch as they both looked like they're still capable of carrying the rest of the team. Hopefully they won't have to the whole season, but they did tonight.

We gave up a lot of high quality scoring chances that they either missed on or Vasy made great saves. Moneypuck had the Canes with a 56% deserve to win and up until the last empty goal Kuch scored, had the Canes with a 3.52 expected goals vs our 2.64. Not a great game for us, but we got the win on the road.

McD no doubt contributed to our strong PK performance, but he also had multiple mistakes than led to some of the scoring chances against. Moser looked solid and Perbix thankfully looks better than he was last year.

I'm very glad Geekie made the team. Even in his limited ice time you can see he is someone on the lower lines who can do something with scoring opportunities. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Connor Sheary's comeback is not off to a good start, getting scratched before he even plays a game? He better start making an impression before Eyssimont gets healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $656.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00