OT: 10,000 Pt XLIV - Guitar Things

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
CA peeps - what is life like inland? A buddy is in Red Bluff right now, and another in Grass Valley. These places look beautiful, but like, what's the catch? haha.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
buddy i live in Bangkok, y'alls little heat wave is cute
slapshot-you.gif

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
CA peeps - what is life like inland? A buddy is in Red Bluff right now, and another in Grass Valley. These places look beautiful, but like, what's the catch? haha.
Even the Devil had to move underground because of the heat.

But then I wilt as soon as there's sun and it's above 65. I was in Thailand for several weeks a couple of years ago for work, and I thought I was going to die there.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
RIP Bob Newhart

When I was a kid, reruns of the Bob Newhart Show and Newhart we're probably my favorite things to watch.
Very few comedians remain relevant for as long as Newhart. Man was a comic genius and his schtick was completely unique. Celebrity deaths rarely move me one way or the other, but I was a little sad today thinking that the world was a little less bright without him in it.

And apparently one of the nicest celebrities of all time too.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Even the Devil had to move underground because of the heat.

But then I wilt as soon as there's sun and it's above 65. I was in Thailand for several weeks a couple of years ago for work, and I thought I was going to die there.
I love it. I'm like a plant. Winters in New England gave me SAD and then i'd get knocked out by allergies in the spring. And i'm used to this heat now (except on extreme days)

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
What income do you need to be middle class? In SF I say > a quarter mil.
There is no more middle class.

That said... yeah 250K per year sounds about right. Can make house payment on that, but you won't be 'rich'.

Pre-COVID numbers:
The poverty guidelines are sometimes referred to as the “federal poverty level” or the “poverty line,” but these terms can be misleading because there are many potential meanings. The “San Francisco poverty line” may refer to the federal poverty guidelines, or to local income limits for eligibility in housing programs supported by the SF Housing Authority and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). These limits are based on the area’s median income (AMI), unlike the thresholds and guidelines. For example, HUD defined “Low Income Limits in San Francisco as $82,200 for an individual and $117,400 for a family of four in 2018, based on 80% of the area’s median income. However, the federal poverty guidelines in 2018 were only $12,140 for an individual and $25,100 for a family of four.

102750$ in 2018 for an individual was the area median income, if I read that correctly. 82200 is 80% of the AMI in 2018. So double that and then pile on a bunch because shit was way cheaper in 2018 than it is now and I'd guess that 250K is 'middle class'. You won't be able to buy in SeaCliff, but you could afford something in the Richmond or Sunset, maybe in that monstrosity of landfill by the ball park too.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Still consider myself middle-class.

only jackasses go around saying how much money they make.. The amount of money a man makes is between him and the professionals down at the H&R Block.

• Love

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Salt Lake City is getting the 2034 Winter Olympics. Would be kinda neat to go and watch a prime Celebrini and Will Smith on that stage when that comes around.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I'm guessing the Morocco/Argentina soccer match that had a 2 hour delay, saw the fans ejected from the stands, and swung on a razor thin offside call leading to a big (and possibly controversial?) upset?
Yes and the aussie cycling team getting robbed, the Israeli athletes needing a royal brigade of security.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad