Post-Game Talk: 1 Down, 3 To Go

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
The media was busy voting for the conn smythe prior to tonight's game. Barkov or Bobrovsky. I think the media already confirmed the Panthers winning the cup. The next game won't matter anymore.
no. Seravalli explained this on Oilersnation. The media has to vote with 10 minutes left in an elimination game regardless of the score in the game. The team leading the series can be down 12-0, they still have to vote

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Awesome to get the win obviously.

But I can’t help but feel it’s all worthless. Where were these goals in the first games when we needed them?

One game at a time now. But still ugh. What a blown opportunity game 1 and 3 was.
The value of this game wont be known until game 5 is over.

1 game of 4 with a save percentage over .900 what a hero.

Needs 3 more like this still.
Tought to give him any credit at all even when he earns it..correct?

This narrative that this series is 3-1 simply because of Skinner is very tired.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Awesome to get the win obviously.

But I can’t help but feel it’s all worthless. Where were these goals in the first games when we needed them?

One game at a time now. But still ugh. What a blown opportunity game 1 and 3 was.
Yeh needed some finish in Game 1. And who knows how this series looks at this point. Getting to Bob early could have changed alot of things. All good though, we can do this 3 more times.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The value of this game wont be known until game 5 is over.

Tought to give him any credit at all even when he earns it..correct?

This narrative that this series is 3-1 simply because of Skinner is very tired.
I’m just sick of Skinner having one game and then blowing it in 3 others.

Don’t care if he was great in an 8-1 game. Good for him. Needed him to be great in the other 3 games. There are no more .883 sv% games left for him to have.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Don’t care if he was great in an 8-1 game. Good for him. Needed him to be great in the other 3 games. There are no more .883 sv% games left for him to have.
Well he only blew one of those 3 games. Maybe that’ll make you less sick when you realize that.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Im sick of a few things too in the SCF...like Nurse and his bonehead decision making...Ceci and his inability to make the simple play...Bouchard and his ineptness in his own zone
Yet I will still give credit where credit is due.
Also...Skinner was only bad in one of 3 games...not all 3.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
They have nothing to be jealous about.
Alberta is Ontarios (and Quebecs) bitch and its been that way for decades.
They elect the Federal Govt every 4 years (without Albertas input) and that Govt rapes Alberta and gives those Provinces a disproportionate amount of our money.
Unfortunately the hockey part is small consolation.
Which province is everyone moving and to? Really doesn't matter who the pm is. Alberta has been the richest province with no PST for decades.

Reactions: McDoused

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Which province is everyone moving and to? Really doesn't matter who the pm is. Alberta has been the richest province with no PST for decades.
More money for the Feds.
In addition to everything else the bogus Carbon Tax hits Alberta harder than any other Province.
Again...more money for the feds to give to the people that help them retain power.
The system is broken and it might well be beyond repair.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
More money for the Feds.
In addition to everything else the bogus Carbon Tax hits Alberta harder than any other Province.
Again...more money for the feds to give to the poeple that help them retain power.
The system is broken and it might well be beyond repair.
All doesn't matter. Governments come and go (and this one will soon be gone). No matter who is in power whole Québec and Ontario dream of moving to Alberta. Not the other way around.

Plus at the end of the day post expansion Edmonton is hockey royalty and everyone in Canada knows it. Look at a guy like Draisaitl he would be the greatest Centre in the history of an organization like Winnipeg or Ottawa. He's not even top 3 in Edmonton.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
All doesn't matter. Governments come and go (and this one will soon be gone). No matter who is in power whole Québec and Ontario dream of moving to Alberta. Not the other way around.

Plus at the end of the day post expansion Edmonton is hockey royalty and everyone in Canada knows it. Look at a guy like Draisaitl he would be the greatest Centre in the history of an organization like Winnipeg or Ottawa. He's not even top 3 in Edmonton.
Aside from some big money entities....Quebec and Ontario run this country. They dont give a rats ass about Alberta and the sooner Albertans wake up and recognize that the better IMO.
We have more in common with people from Montana than we do with people from Ontario.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He lost one of those games on his own.

That didn’t mean he was good enough in the other two.

Swap goalies in this series and at the very least it’s 3-1 Edmonton.
This is such a ridiculous premise.

Reactions: McDoused

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Im sick of a few things too in the SCF...like Nurse and his bonehead decision making...Ceci and his inability to make the simple play...Bouchard and his ineptness in his own zone
Yet I will still give credit where credit is due.
Also...Skinner was only bad in one of 3 games...not all 3.
Yeah, you could make an argument that Skinner had an impact on our game 3 loss, but game 2 we got outplayed. Game 1 and 3 Bob won the games more-so than Skinner lost them. I don't hang this on Skinner at all. Nurse and Ceci have had more of a net negative impact. Honestly the team has played well in 3 out of 4 of these games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad