Post-Game Talk: 1/7/18 | Canucks 2 at Habs 5 | Oh yeah, there's a game today edition.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Not exactly. But i do love the way Dustin Brown plays in the playoffs. My fav player was Datsyuk. Underrated hitter.
Dustin Brown was a good player because of his defensive ability and the way he can chip in secondary offence, not because of how he hits.
Datsyuk might be a underrated hitter but take hitting out of his games doesn’t make him worse at all

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
It would take 8 more years to free of him in a buyout, 4 if they send him to the minors/europe. Cap cost is the slightly more via buyout.

Buyout Pros: one contract slot back

Buyout Cons: 8 years, more cap hit, replacement player costs against cap

Seems like a no brainer to take the least years. Best way out imho is to eat $3m/y and get an asset back, some contender would gladly take Eriksson just because he's still a solid defensive player.
I mean, only if they ignore pro scouting reports. He isn't actually the player we signed anymore. He is 6x6 of nonentity.

Reactions: pomorick

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
It would take 8 more years to free of him in a buyout, 4 if they send him to the minors/europe. Cap cost is the slightly more via buyout.

Buyout Pros: one contract slot back

Buyout Cons: 8 years, more cap hit, replacement player costs against cap (~$2m to replace him)

Seems like a no brainer to take the least years. Best way out imho is to eat $3m/y and get an asset back, some contender would gladly take Eriksson just because he's still a solid defensive player.

They save $2M in salary and they don't have to watch him play anymore.

I never said that it was a good idea, just that it wasn't "literally" buyout-proof.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
And even if we could find a taker out there somewhere (Loui) he was signed to get us to the ceiling. Now you have the problem of finding a salary muncher out there mid season. Not as easy as it may sound imo.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
They save $2M in salary and they don't have to watch him play anymore.

I never said that it was a good idea, just that it wasn't "literally" buyout-proof.

Not watching maybe.

He'd have to be replaced and even a league minimum waiver wire bum would pull down $4m over that time. Eriksson is still better than a waiver wire bum. We are stuck with him unless they are prepared to eat salary (trade for a bad contract or retain 50%). Saving money just isn't happening unless they can force him to retire by sending him the AHL to rot and he just gives up*. Next best would be permanent LTIR.

* I assume the yearly bonuses don't get paid if he retires, I could be wrong on that.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Dustin Brown was a good player because of his defensive ability and the way he can chip in secondary offence, not because of how he hits.
Datsyuk might be a underrated hitter but take hitting out of his games doesn’t make him worse at all

Aye, hitting only means something if you can back it up with skills to score points. If you want to make a name for yourself purely based on hitting then you'll either end up as a fringe NHLer or be suspended all the time.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Not watching maybe.

He'd have to be replaced and even a league minimum waiver wire bum would pull down $4m over that time. Eriksson is still better than a waiver wire bum. We are stuck with him unless they are prepared to eat salary (trade for a bad contract or retain 50%). Saving money just isn't happening unless they can force him to retire. Next best would be permanent LTIR.

That's a fair point. I'd be working 16 hours a day trying to find a way though.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Garbage game by two garbage teams.

And it's amazing just how bad this team is with the puck. Aside from Boeser, nobody can even hit the net. Passes are constantly flubbed, people are floating right by the puck, passes bounce off sticks, wide-open nets can't be hit...it's just astounding how little skill and finesse this team really has.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

And it's amazing just how bad this team is with the puck. Aside from Boeser, nobody can even hit the net. Passes are constantly flubbed, people are floating right by the puck, passes bounce off sticks, wide-open nets can't be hit...it's just astounding how little skill and finesse this team really has.
It take a special GM to build a team this soft and for it to also be slow, small and unskilled.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I missed the game. Who looked good? Anybody?
Boeser is always lookin' good, baby!

DS-_R9bUMAABQJa.jpg

Last edited:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

We got North America heart though

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
What was Daniel doing just off the faceoff? Also why did it seem like the rest of the team was just standing still watching while Brock went end to end?

Yeah he didn't score but maybe if he had someone crashing the net with him etc...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad