Post-Game Talk: 1/7/18 | Canucks 2 at Habs 5 | Oh yeah, there's a game today edition.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
It wont matter on Tuesday. I'll bet my car we get our ass kicked.
Im gonna make the BOLDEST of predictions of the season and say we beat the snot out of the Capitals again

Theres like a 99% chance Im wrong but make it interesting with a bad prediction :laugh:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Two atrocious hockey teams going absolutely nowhere this season.....at least the Canucks have some prospects in the pipeline to look forward to, the Habs have absolutely zero.

Some random observations. Without Tanev this might be one of the worst bluelines the Canucks have every assembled, and that's saying something given how many bad teams they've had over the years. Pains me to say it, but Stecher and Hutton aren't NHL d-man on most teams in this league. Those d-pairings 1-5 are positively frightening.

This season is going to get ugly.....I can see attendance and interest cratering at Rogers Arena.....unless Benning and Linden sweep the slate clean at the trade deadline, and they load up on kids for the last half of another lost season....but even then, it might not be enough.

Reactions: Nomobo

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I know you're using literally in the non-literal way, but it's literally not. If the goal is just to get out from the contract he can be bought out like anyone else.
It would take 8 more years to free of him in a buyout, 4 if they send him to the minors/europe. Cap cost is the slightly more via buyout.

Buyout Pros: one contract slot back

Buyout Cons: 8 years, more cap hit, replacement player costs against cap (~$2m to replace him)

Seems like a no brainer to take the least years. Best way out imho is to eat $3m/y and get an asset back, some contender would gladly take Eriksson just because he's still a solid defensive player.

Literally impossible in same sense the as it would be literally impossible for the fans to accept Boeser being traded for a 7th.

Last edited:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I know you're using literally in the non-literal way, but it's literally not. If the goal is just to get out from the contract he can be bought out like anyone else.
It's just that there really isn't any point in doing it. We save 500K cap space per year for the next three years, then $2.5M in the fourth remaining year, and then a 500K cap penalty for four more years. The cost of a replacement player will be more.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad