GDT: 1/27 - Canes vs Jackets - Tighten Up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
1841142-is_this_real_life.jpg

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Like I said before...I just feel like something is happening. The actual roster is better than it's been in years, so this level of play, 9 wins in 12, shouldn't be surprising IF the goaltending is there. Reminds me of the Maurice '09 team, honestly.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
That was fun.

Khudobin was great. I think either Peters or Ward should get the next start, because eventually Anton will just wear down, but he's every bit the starter that we thought he could be at the beginning of the season.

Staal's took over. I'd love to see more games like that from them.

Sekera really is our best dman by a longshot, I'd say. He makes the right play pretty much every time and has way more offensive skill than I ever saw in Buffalo.

Watching Gerbe stand up Jenner behind the net on one of the last shifts there was awesome.

We didn't take a penalty. That'll help you win games. Honestly, probably delay of game on the net off the pegs at the end there, but it was delay of game on the dude that grabbed the puck as well, neither got called, I'm fine with it.

Portzline tweeted with a couple of minutes left that after the 7-0 shots lead for Columbus out of the gate, the Canes outshot them 31-11 (at the time he tweeted it, I think we had more). That's huge. Great way to respond, even if it didn't show on the scoreboard until late.

What a game. What a goal by Jordan.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Is it time to dig up those worst captain in professional sports threads we've had? No, just enjoy the win. Ok fair enough.

Seriously though, that is what the Staal's are paid to do and they did it in an extremely important game.

Stormie

Jan 8, 2014
Atlanta, GA
A win was amazing enough, but to do it in regulation...no way anyone would've predicted this outcome starting the third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad