GDT: #1 - 01/19/2013 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
You also don't see an extra two unless a guy is damn near taking a swing at the ref. Boyle was barely even saying anything yet he conveniently got the extra 2. If it was any ref but Lee, I'd agree with you.

But if you know Lee is a POS (and i agree) then Boyle should too. Just ignore the useless **** a stick pins in his voodoo doll while in the penalty box

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Pretty sure MDz put seguin on a breakaway

It was definitely Staal.

LOL at 'stood and watched'. the giveaway was terrible (but at least he redeemed himself by getting back and stopping the puck), he was where he should have been for the rebound, between his man and the goal, there's no way he should be expecting a 25+ ft rebound to blow past him

He should be letting a 25+ foot rebound blow past him. He isn't between his man and the goal for his health, he needs to make a play on it.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
lol at all the negativity. that period wasnt that bad peeps.

killin penalties doesnt lend itself to tons of offense

relax, our help d has been good. hank has been sharp and were on the pp

rask will help us score in the 2nd

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
But if you know Lee is a POS (and i agree) then Boyle should too. Just ignore the useless **** a stick pins in his voodoo doll while in the penalty box

I don't think players should have to dictate their game just because a ref is biased against the team. The ref should just not be allowed to ref said team's games.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He got called because Chris Lee is a horrible ref and has always been conveniently horrible whenever he refs Rangers games (he's from Philly and is a born and raised Flyers fan).

As a rule, I think it's disgraceful when a ref makes himself bigger than the game when he punishes a team for a player complaining (i.e. unsportsmanlike in hockey and technical foul in basketball) is ridiculous. Games should be decided by what happens on the ice and court, not by someone complaining.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I don't think players should have to dictate their game just because a ref is biased against the team. The ref should just not be allowed to ref said team's games.

I agree, but my fundamental point still stands, ref's don't change their minds because players yap at them, so do the smart thing and don't give them an excuse to dish out more penalties

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Didnt the Bruins have the most players play during the lockout? Maybe thats why they look so sharp out of the gate

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York

When ODC is one of the few positive dudes on the board you know there's too much overreaction. ;)

Definitely agreed. If the offense can get into a rhythm we'll look great, since I thought defensively we looked good.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Can someone explain how Duguay still doesn't know that it's pronounced "Luchich" and not "Luchic"? He's been in the league long enough, has won a cup, and is a high profile player. Oh yeah and Bill Pidto just called him "Luchich".

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC

And, as long as a player doesn't show the ref up, or call the ref a **********, a player should be allowed to say something if it is a bad call. A ref with rabbit ears does nothing to benefit the game.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Goal or no goal, those two games in Sweden were the saddest hockey i can remember seeing.
BUT, there is plenty of time left. Could get even worse ;)

I was at that game
Sat next to Lundqvists parents.
Sundin & Forsberg sat in front of me
Lousy game though

Duguay "Eric Staals giveaway"????

Lets see what the 2nd & 3rd periods bring
Not gonna comment this yet

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He was hardly arguing, too. That's what pisses me off even more. He barely said anything. That was Chris Lee and his bias against the Rangers at its finest.

the refs love it that they're a topic of conversation and we know their names.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
According to stats on Viasat, we WON 6 face off's...

I don't remember blinking 6 times though...

Can anyone confirm the numbers ?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
As a rule, I think it's disgraceful when a ref makes himself bigger than the game when he punishes a team for a player complaining (i.e. unsportsmanlike in hockey and technical foul in basketball) is ridiculous. Games should be decided by what happens on the ice and court, not by someone complaining.

I agree, for the most part. I think only the most egregious should be penalized (i.e. when the guy is about ready to haul off and hit the ref). Refs should not be allowed to call another 2 just because a guy was mean to them. It opens up the potential for an already biased ref to be even further biased.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Can someone explain how Duguay still doesn't know that it's pronounced "Luchich" and not "Luchic"? He's been in the league long enough, has won a cup, and is a high profile player. Oh yeah and Bill Pidto just called him "Luchich".

If Duguay says he's Luchic then he's Luchic :nod:

SupersonicMonkey*

Glad to see you back man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad