GDT: 03/07 GAME 56 Our Buds vs a few BJ's

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
This is what happens when one of the best possession teams goes up against a team dead last in 5v5 xGA, scoring chances against, bottom 10 in corsi and also gives up the most goals 5v5

Mercy rule it now and lets move on lol

Reactions: kb

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I posted this in the Trade thread today. In this game, we are playing our possession game to a T. It shows. This is who we are, when we are on. This is our strength. THIS team, tonight’s team can compete with anyone. When we aren’t on, our weaknesses are exposed.

that’s why we should shore up the weaknesses. Namely odd man rushes against and clearing the front of the net. Do that and this team will hang in even games when they aren’t on long enough to find their game

griffon1

Feb 14, 2018
Adrift at sea
Seein as we base ratings of da team on the most recent play, I say this is best leafs team ever. No, let me correct dat, best ockey team ever.

Hella period

Reactions: kb

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Fantastic first period. First line deadly again. The 3rd line with those 3 guys specifically has been very good. Those 2 lines I wouldn't touch.

If Robertson can keep this up the 2nd line looks great and you got Kerfoot on your 4th with Kase still out. That seems like depth to me.

Reactions: griffon1

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Super period. This is whats frustrating. You can see the capability is there but don't always bring it

Sure it's Columbus but the effort can be there

Reactions: CelticDruid

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Robertson needs to stay up. He's the obvious replacement on that line for Kerfoot, in the off season. The Leafs would obviously like to create a little bit of cap room, so Robertson on an ELC vs Kerfoot at $3.5 million is a "no brainer", IMO. With the cap only expect to go up by $1 million, contracts like Kerfoot's and Dermott's likely have to be moved to create a little bit of room (along with Kessel's hit coming off the cap) to find a more permanent fix to the goalie situation, and upgrade the defense slightly.

I think you're in pretty good shape if you go into next season with this as your starting point...

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-Tavares-Nylander
Kampf

Reilly
Brodie
Muzzin
Holl
Liljegren
Sandin

A lot needs to be done around that, but a nice starting point.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Almost the perfect period. Brodie had a terrible giveaway that I feel like is usually a goal against most other games.

Defense recovered well. Made it hard for the forward and he missed. Mrazek did a good job being aggressive too, especially given he hasn't had to do much.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
He can't do that if he's in Arizona in 3 years...

... :sarcasm:

shannon-sharpe-shannon.gif

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Robertson needs to stay up. He's the obvious replacement on that line for Kerfoot, in the off season. The Leafs would obviously like to create a little bit of cap room, so Robertson on an ELC vs Kerfoot at $3.5 million is a "no brainer", IMO. With the cap only expect to go up by $1 million, contracts like Kerfoot's and Dermott's likely have to be moved to create a little bit of room (along with Kessel's hit coming off the cap) to find a more permanent fix to the goalie situation, and upgrade the defense slightly.

I think you're in pretty good shape if you go into next season with this as your starting point...

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Kampf

Reilly
Brodie
Muzzin
Holl
Liljegren
Sandin

pretty confident Holl is gone.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Matthews next contract is going to be frightening. There's no way you let him walk. How many (Leafs) records will he own just half way into his career?
Time for some billion dollar local company to stepup and offer him an advertising deal. Maybe a bank or construction company.

Reactions: NHL WAR and Jmo89

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Kampf

Reilly
Brodie
Muzzin
Holl
Liljegren
Sandin

Seems like the rest of it is re-sign Kase, Engvall, and Spezza, bring up Anderson. Maybe sign a better guy for the 4th line and bring in a new 7D.

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Engvall-Kampf-Kase
Simmonds - Spezza - Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Liljegren
Sandin-Holl
UFA

Campbell? - Mrazek

Only unknown really is the goaltending. The rest is pretty damn solid, and you have A LOT of great prospects waiting on the Marlies for their chance if someone is hurt or falters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad