GDT: 03/07 GAME 56 Our Buds vs a few BJ's

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Last year, both McJesus and Matthews were insanely good against the crappy north division. This year Matthews keeps the exact same pace against all 31 teams, while McJesus has dropped from 1.8 pts per game to 1.43

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
It's the balance of wanting to do skilled plays and playing a grind game. He seems very confused.

Yeah. His hands are too slow for that now. We cant have Spezza and Simmonds both trying cute plays all the time. Know your role! 4th line needs to be dump, chase, hit.

Reactions: SprDaVE

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Matthews next contract is going to be frightening. There's no way you let him walk. How many (Leafs) records will he own just half way into his career?
Make him the highest paid player in the league on a 8 years deal and decide during that time what his banner will look like when 34 goes to the rafters down the road :cool:

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Great little play by Liljegren there, working hard along the boards and getting that to the net was nice work. That sort of stuff will keep him in the NHL.

Leafs look great so far.

Reactions: Jmo89 and kb

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Maybe at times it would appear that way. What I think is really happening, when we at our best, is we are a strong possession team. When we possess the puck, we don't get scored against. I know, that sounds pretty simple, but when we dominate the game, which can be quite often, it makes our defense look better, and it puts less pressure on our goalies, or D. That's literally our game, keep the puck, to reduce chances for them. When we don't, and the pressure goes on our goalies, and D, we don't look as good...sure, average goaltending would make things much better, and we'd likely have good results, but I don't think that's because we are good defensively, as much as we keep the puck more.

I posted this in the Trade thread today. In this game, we are playing our possession game to a T. It shows. This is who we are, when we are on. This is our strength. THIS team, tonight’s team can compete with anyone. When we aren’t on, our weaknesses are exposed.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It's the balance of wanting to do skilled plays and playing a grind game. He seems very confused.

I think he is watching Robertson and saying "uh-oh".

Once Kase is back, I am not sure Robertson comes out right away.

Kerfoot-Spezza-Kase could be our 4th line, and there was always the possibility that our forward upgrade comes from within (Anderson, Robertson, maybe Steeves, etc.).

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Make him the highest paid player in the league on a 8 years deal and decide during that time what his banner will look like when 34 goes to the rafters down the road :cool:
Give him the max, I don't care. The NHL isn't worth watching if the salary cap means we can't keep the best player in franchise history.

Reactions: DraftSchmaft

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I don’t think the leafs know yet what they might have in Robertson.
So trading him now could end up being a colossal mistake.

Reactions: kb

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I posted this in the Trade thread today. In this game, we are playing our possession game to a T. It shows. This is who we are, when we are on. This is our strength. THIS team, tonight’s team can compete with anyone. When we aren’t on, our weaknesses are exposed.

Is there a team where this is not the case though?

"When a team plays poorly, they look like they are playing poorly."

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Robertson is dragging his line into the game with his pace and creativity . You get the impression that his line mates respect his offensive skill as they are utilizing him far more than they did Kerfoot who has similar skating ability but doesn’t have the hands or finishing ability to match.
Yep.
Nylander and Robertson could end up being a very good duo.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Leafs vs Columbus in the first period

4BD1BA95-AB43-4B17-BF9F-437767738DC1.gif

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

They will most certainly make him the highest paid player in Leafs history.

He is the one consistent on this team and the one jersey that will always sell in healthy numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad