GDT: #03 – Sabres at Canes – Thu Jan 24 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Canes GDT has Corvo sitting tonight with Sanguinetti in the lineup

Which is basically spotting you guys a goal :laugh: Sanguinetti has been atrocious. I wish you the worst of luck tonight, but stay healthy so you can beat the rest of the teams in the Northeast for me. Whiny Canadian fans are almost as cute as whiny Sabres fans ;):sarcasm:

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
As much as I hate to admit it, KSyl didn't grate me as much as he has in the past, but that could be just because Hamilton was soooo terrible in the opener.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Which is basically spotting you guys a goal :laugh: Sanguinetti has been atrocious. I wish you the worst of luck tonight, but stay healthy so you can beat the rest of the teams in the Northeast for me. Whiny Canadian fans are almost as cute as whiny Sabres fans ;):sarcasm:

That one goal against Tampa he let Lecavailler just walk out front with it, then didn't even pick up the second man in who scored on the rebound.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
As much as I hate to admit it, KSyl didn't grate me as much as he has in the past, but that could be just because Hamilton was soooo terrible in the opener.

Was Hamilton really that bad? I loved him when he did the Phoenix game a few years ago...though he was the best of the "replacement" guys when RJ didn't take those Western Road Trips. He has an agenda as an analyst for sure, but I though he did a fantastic job at PxP...and then never called anything after that.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
For the record... the Canes GDT for today's game is the funniest thing i've ever seen on hf...

i can't stop laughing... the eric staal/nintendo 64 picture :lol:

HarryNealesGarden

Big Daddy Ted
Nov 15, 2009
BOS
Getting real sick of you Sylvester..

Go Sabres!
He's honestly not that bad. Have you heard some of the regular, full-time PbP guys other teams need to deal with? I'd say he'd be a middle-of-the-road announcer compared to the entire 30 that are out there.

We've just been utterly spoiled by having the GOAT calling games for the past 40 years.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

I didn't even notice him in the Toronto game, so that's a good thing. Rayzor I noticed quite a few times, he's still getting comfortable with trying to have something to say when Sylvester needs a break. TBH, I would have preferred Duffer in that role and keep Ray between the benches.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I didn't even notice him in the Toronto game, so that's a good thing. Rayzor I noticed quite a few times, he's still getting comfortable with trying to have something to say when Sylvester needs a break. TBH, I would have preferred Duffer in that role and keep Ray between the benches.

I could be wrong, but I think he's going to remain between the benches for home games, like how Pierre is the color analyst from between the benches for NBC broadcasts.

wlf

Mar 19, 2007

Rayzor would be a lot better if he could understand the difference between the words "saw" and "seen". As in "Miller seen the puck coming from the point". Drives me insane and now I can't stop focusing on it...

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I'm getting from this post that you don't believe in Nacho Burn, through research i can say it is a real phenomenon. The cheese is known to be very hot and doubles in temperature after half of the said nachos have been consumed. It's not funny and it affects thousands of people every year.

Note; Hockey jerseys are known to act as a catalyst for the burning sensation as does dropping from a height.
I can't think of many things more terrifying than Na(cho)palm.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Rayzor would be a lot better if he could understand the difference between the words "saw" and "seen". As in "Miller seen the puck coming from the point". Drives me insane and now I can't stop focusing on it...
It's a Canadian thing, don't even get me started.

Sly wasn't bad until the Scott fight. Then the homerism overcame him and Ray.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Glad this is the one they went with Enroth for. Let Miller delight the home crowd, get Enroth his first action with less pressure in a... half-home crowd:sarcasm:. Thought Ruff was wise to give Miller both games of the first back-to-back and made the right call here as well. Here's to hoping he manages the 'tenders well all season.

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
At Game 7 of the 2006 ECF in Raleigh (I was lucky enough to be there), the fan giveaway was a Hurricanes nice beer glass, but instead of a plastic one like in most cities, it was actual glass. Fueled by the heart-wrenching loss and a tailgate party that had been going since 1 in the afternoon, a not-super-tiny number of drunken buffalo fans proceeded to smash the glasses on the ground outside the arena after the game. Several were arrested. It's not like more than a couple dozen bozos were doing it, but that's enough to create a stereotype. That series had seen a lot of AM-radio-fueled cousin-marrying and armpit-of-the-USA jokes too, so tensions were already pretty high.

The myth has grown over the years to include things like abducting women and eating babies, but suffice it to say the Canes fans don't much care for the buffalo transplants who take over their arena twice a year.

They were handing them out after Game 1. I declined to take one although they pretty cool.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Glad this is the one they went with Enroth for. Let Miller delight the home crowd, get Enroth his first action with less pressure in a... half-home crowd:sarcasm:. Thought Ruff was wise to give Miller both games of the first back-to-back and made the right call here as well. Here's to hoping he manages the 'tenders well all season.
happy with this as well, next week will be interesting

@Wsh Sun
Tor Tue
@Bos Thu
@Mon Sat
Fla Sun

I hope Miller gets Wsh, Bos & Tor since none are b2b. Enroth @ Mon and Miller v Fla.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I shudder.
You've been here a long time, but it looks like you've just started posting. Welcome to posterhood, wlf!

wlf

Mar 19, 2007
I shudder.
You've been here a long time, but it looks like you've just started posting. Welcome to posterhood, wlf!

Yeah, I suddenly have too much time on my hands... Regular reader though.

Aside, that Canes board GDT started off great, but it looks like it's heading down the nascar & bbq track.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad