GDT: 02/20/2016

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I really thought the Oilers would take off with McDavid returning.....but yet they continue to lose at a prodigious rate.

Man oh man.....

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Edmonton 3-6 since McDavid return.

Are they ever going to be respectable? Like a .500 team?

They need to rebuild their rebuild. They'll never win a thing with the first wave(Hall, Eberle, Nuge). Theyre the leadership group and all theyve ever known is overwhelming defeat.

But more than anything, they need a GM with the stones to make some big trades.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Always confused when I see goaltender interference calls that take place outside of the crease.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
They need to rebuild their rebuild. They'll never win a thing with the first wave(Hall, Eberle, Nuge). Theyre the leadership group and all theyve ever known is overwhelming defeat.

But more than anything, they need a GM with the stones to make some big trades.
Chiarelli was supposed to be that guy but he decided to waste an entire season to recognize what all of us already knew. Pretty disappointing to be a fan of this team.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Unpopular opinion: Oilers need Matthews more than any other team. They're really bad and getting Matthews gives them a shot at trading pretty much everyone except McJesus for D help.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Chiarelli was supposed to be that guy but he decided to waste an entire season to recognize what all of us already knew. Pretty disappointing to be a fan of this team.

He did say he wanted Sekera on the 2nd pairing, so that means he likely was looking for a trade for a Dman during the summer but just couldn't find any takers. That's when the season was truly lost imo.

Oct 18, 2011
Unpopular opinion: Oilers need Matthews more than any other team. They're really bad and getting Matthews gives them a shot at trading pretty much everyone except McJesus for D help.

no way
they have enough talent to build around
mathews should go to a team that needs him

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
no way
they have enough talent to build around
mathews should go to a team that needs him

He's going to go to the team that wins the lottery. I feel that Oilers would benefit the most.

If they get Matthews...that's two centres figured out for the rest of the decade. RNH, Draisaitl, Eberle traded for immediate D help.

That at least gives the Oilers fans some hope that this management isn't as bad as the previous one. I don't know what the Oilers are hanging on to...there are no untouchables on the worst team in the league besides McDavid of course.

You may have to "lose" a trade to win the overall battle.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
oilers don't need matthews, they need laine

get their kurri, one step closer to the new age dynasty

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
you really think the oilers would benefit more than the leafs or canucks?

I'm a Leaf fan. I'd love to get Matthews but it's not the end of the world if they don't get him. I love the way our team plays under Babcock. Marlies are stacked with prospects from top to bottom.

Matthews would make an instant impact on the team. It's pure luck to win the lottery though.

I guess I worded it wrong. Matthews going to the Oilers should give the Oilers some balls to make trades to get out of the basement and at least contend for the playoffs.

The Oilers are so bad that they haven't even lucked out once with this talent to make the playoffs. The Leaf, Jets, Panthers, Avs, Flames, Sens etc all had one lucky playoff run in recent years whereas Oilers are out of it by December every year. It's shocking.

Last edited:

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I really thought the Oilers would take off with McDavid returning.....but yet they continue to lose at a prodigious rate.

Man oh man.....

The oilers have literally no defense. You can't rely on one guy to win you games. Even though McDavid is a superstar

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Too bad, they've had more than enough #1 picks with no improvement to show for it.

There can be no way that poster means that.

The Oilers have not improved one iota. The only difference this season they weren't eliminated until January 1 as opposed to Dec. 1.

Big ****ing deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad