0-1 in the Dwight King-less era

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Does anybody else think Clifford ****ed big time up by taking that fight right after we had the lead? That **** kept the Sharks from getting to low and then they just bent us over. I hate that he gave them some life. Save that **** for when we're losing or both teams are playing like crap.

That was a rough game to be at. On top of our **** performance on the ice, I had a ******* Duck fan behind me running his fat mouth the e-n-t-i-r-e game about our fanbase and team. It never stopped.

Staged fights are stupid in general.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Does anybody else think Clifford ****ed big time up by taking that fight right after we had the lead? That **** kept the Sharks from getting to low and then they just bent us over. I hate that he gave them some life. Save that **** for when we're losing or both teams are playing like crap.

That was a rough game to be at. On top of our **** performance on the ice, I had a ******* Duck fan behind me running his fat mouth the e-n-t-i-r-e game about our fanbase and team. It never stopped.

Sounds like a total ****. Gonna spend all that money to talk ****. Get a life bud.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Sounds like a total ****. Gonna spend all that money to talk ****. Get a life bud.
He even *****ed about having to stand up and clap a second time for the hero of the game. A total piece of ****. It took a lot for me to keep my cool, but I just knew that starting something with a fat troglodyte like that wasn't going to make things better. Maddest I've ever been watching a blowout, lol.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
So I was at the game and only saw the Lucic and Brown hits in real time. Do you guys think they'll get suspended after seeing them up close and on repeat? The Brown one didn't seem like a big deal to me at all, but I didn't like that Lucic chased LC across the ice just to hit him.

Brown hit looked like a good hit in real time at the game. The replays look bad, but I don't see the comparison to Torres that all Sharks fans are making. Brown didn't skate halfway across the ice seeking out a guy's head. Brown tried to stand his guy up and got him in the head. Clear difference. League might do nothing or give him a game or two.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I think Brown gets 2-3 games and Lucic gets his rescinded. This is the NHL though, you never know

If he gets anything, it may just be one game. There was no penalty,no injury and other than the commentators over reaction, it was a just hard hit. The problem is from both angles, you really can't tell if its his helmet ,shoulder or arms making contact first. We all know Couture has a habit of head snapping embellishment when hit, so there's that too.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Awesome. Many months waiting for real hockey and the Kings didn't plan on playing any hockey at all.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If he gets anything, it may just be one game. There was no penalty,no injury and other than the commentators over reaction, it was a just hard hit. The problem is from both angles, you really can't tell if its his helmet ,shoulder or arms making contact first. We all know Couture has a habit of head snapping embellishment when hit, so there's that too.

It's true. None of it is definitive. But from this angle it looks bad to me...not intentional, I think he just meant to destroy him with a clean hit, but he sure gets helmet to horseface

https://streamable.com/x2l0

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
As much as I dislike rat face butthead, I hate the Brown hit. I love being the villains but our captain is going to end someone's career one day.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
As much as I dislike rat face butthead, I hate the Brown hit. I love being the villains but our captain is going to end someone's career one day.

Couture played the rat role perfectly tonight and he's at the top of my ****list now. If you're going to instigate, you can't dive; if you're going to blindside someone when hopping out of the box cowardly, don't laugh and hide. He's got the headsnap down perfectly. 81 games left in the season, he's biting off a lot more than he can chew.

Doesn't mean at all he deserved a helmet to the head, I agree. But he definitely deserved to taste Lucic's glove. And after talking **** to the media about it, hooboy. So much overcelebrating and chest thumping for game one of the season.

Nizar

Mar 4, 2013
Someone needs to tell Sutter that more speed is needed in transition. So pilons like Schultz and Greene are not the solution for that. They need to skate faster blah, blah. They will not, because they can not. He is like nowadays employers who want 20 years old people with experience. At some point the younger guys have to play.:rant::help:

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
So he's averaging 1.7 shots per game, ya that's not going to work, pretty simple to defend knowimg he's just going to pass. I hope Dean has enough sense this time around to honestly assess the team, and realize that this team doesn't have the caliber of players it did 2012-14. I hate the Lucic trade, he's gonna be Penner 2.0, except Penner clinched us into the finals. Really don't like the past couple of moves Dean has made. Lucic will be lucky to hit 15 goals this season.

That's what frustrates me about Kopitar. He is a great player, but he refuses to shoot. He wants Toews/**** money but he doesn't give us Toews-type or ****-type play. Like that almost goal in the last minute of the game that had to be reviewed. I don't remember whose shot that was, but it wouldn't have been Kopitar to nearly tie up the game at crunch time. I'd be scared every time Toews and **** are out there at the end of a game.

Don't get me started on throwing away a first-rounder on the Sekera trade. Everyone knew he was looking to get PAID.

Lucic, remains to be seen. Dean does well when he picks up players who are undervalued because of injuries (Williams, Mitchell) but he falters by giving up first-rounders who have reputations of being passengers (Penner).

Jun 30, 2006
Trading all those first round picks for short term rentals is going to bite us in the ass. I think everyone is clued in on that, and it's frustrating because Dean spoke out against that early on in his time here.

Dean has been making a series of terrible moves since the last cup win. Just stick to what got us there in the first place. The other thing is that we have a serious void of leadership. jW is gone, Stolly gone, Mike Richards gone and then a talented player like VV is gone. Some of these guys need to step up or this will be a long season like last years.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Someone needs to tell Sutter that more speed is needed in transition. So pilons like Schultz and Greene are not the solution for that. They need to skate faster blah, blah. They will not, because they can not.

The puck moves faster than any player. It's not that the Kings didn't skate fast last night, it's that they didn't skate period. The legs weren't moving. Most of them were gliding. In the home opener after a 6 month rest because they missed the playoffs. Standing around on the PP. Not going to the net, which makes blocking shots that much easier. It might as well have been game 83 of last year.

That's what frustrates me about Kopitar. He is a great player, but he refuses to shoot.

The crazy thing is that we've been saying that for his entire career, except now he's actually not shooting. For all the non-shooting over his career, he always ended up somewhere in the top 3 or 4, if not 1st, on the team in total shots, and shots per game. Last year he was 10th on the team. He averaged fewer shots per game than Lewis.

Trading all those first round picks for short term rentals is going to bite us in the ass. I think everyone is clued in on that, and it's frustrating because Dean spoke out against that early on in his time here.

Dean has been making a series of terrible moves since the last cup win. Just stick to what got us there in the first place. The other thing is that we have a serious void of leadership. jW is gone, Stolly gone, Mike Richards gone and then a talented player like VV is gone. Some of these guys need to step up or this will be a long season like last years.

Well he spoke out against that when they hadn't won 2 Cups. It's one thing to build a team, and another to try and stay on top. I have no problem with trading the 1st round picks because it's Cup or bust, and year to year at this point. It doesn't matter how many 1st round pick the Kings have, it's most likely never going to be as good as 2012-2014, and maybe this year if things work out, again. The confluence of everything that came together at the right time is not something that is easy to find. The Canadiens, Oilers, Islanders, Avs, Stars, Devils, and even the Wings and Penguins know that. None of them have had the same success since their glory days.

Leadership, yeah, they've lost a lot of guys the last little while. At the same time, did Stoll, Williams, Regehr, or Richards help last year? Did they ever help turn the key?

I like the idea of looking at the season in 5 game segments. You get 16 of them during the year, so it's like a NFL schedule, which can keep things in perspective. Even better in baseball, which has so many games that 1 or 2 can't kill a season. If you get 6 out of every 10 points, that puts you at 96 for the season. That's good enough to put you in the race. There's the 2 extra games, and if you win those, there's 100 points. So they've got 4 more chances to not be the equivalent of 0-1 in an NFL season.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Not going to read the whole thread to catch up. LA got out played bad last night but I did like a few things.
I like that some players were clearly frustrated adn showed it. Last year it felt more like they had given up .
I like that Brown was physical and that he and Kopitar we on the PK together.
I like Lucic doesn't like getting hit.
Top 2 Things I hate
Our D
Our PP

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Maybe it's cathartic. The last 38 games for Kopitar, 5 goals, 62 shots. That's 11 goals over 82 games, and 1.6 shots per game. 24 assists in that time though, for 52 in 82 games.

All 4 home teams lost last night. Something in the home town gatorade perhaps.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Seeing as how Voynov left voluntarily how is how he left his contract diffident than Kovalchuk...can we get a compensatory 1st? oh :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad