OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Any hip-hop heads around here? Feel like the last few years has seen a resurgence of meaningful hip-hop with the emergence of artists like JID, Denzel Curry, Griselda crew, Freddie Gibbs, Danny Brown, JPEGMAFIA, Little Simz, etc...

The genre is still awash with a lot of filler but I feel like you don't have to look as hard to find the good stuff anymore.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Oh another chance to talk about all my late 70's and early 80's punk rock vinyl. Pistols and Clash, Dead Kennedy's and Black Flag, Bad Brains and Bad Religion, Crass, Minor Threat and Stiff Little Fingers--the UK Subs and the Ruts etc. etc. etc. etc. Really like Celtic punk too.
This is pretty much what I listen to along with the stuff that came out of the twin cities in the 80's (Husker Du/Replacements/Soul Asylum)

Reactions: eco's bones

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Any hip-hop heads around here? Feel like the last few years has seen a resurgence of meaningful hip-hop with the emergence of artists like JID, Denzel Curry, Griselda crew, Freddie Gibbs, Danny Brown, JPEGMAFIA, Little Simz, etc...

The genre is still awash with a lot of filler but I feel like you don't have to look as hard to find the good stuff anymore.

Yes definitely a fan. I loved the Black Thought/Danger Mouse album from last year, Kendrick, Vince Staples, Little Simz, etc.

I'm excited for the new Danny Brown which should hopefully be out later this year.

Mainstream hip hop with the drowned autotune and triplet high hat beats is annoying, but so is mainstream rock.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Oh another chance to talk about all my late 70's and early 80's punk rock vinyl. Pistols and Clash, Dead Kennedy's and Black Flag, Bad Brains and Bad Religion, Crass, Minor Threat and Stiff Little Fingers--the UK Subs and the Ruts etc. etc. etc. etc. Really like Celtic punk too.

Completely different but Ive also been listening to this album a lot. Its post and awesome.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Completely different but Ive also been listening to this album a lot. Its post and awesome.

I have G.B.H. I had to go look up A.B.H. on Discogs. I actually do have a couple of their songs on the the Country fit for heroes compilation 2. Oi skinhead bands from that era you have to be careful---quite a number of skinhead people went far right some even into white supremacy. I have no time for racists. My favorite oi band would have been Blitz who really put out one lp--Voice of a Generation and then split with two of the members putting out a second lp--Second Empire Justice that frankly is more new wavy and kind of sucks. I have both. I thought the Business were pretty good most of the time. The more political some of these bands got though the worst they became.

Reactions: Cmox

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Apparently a lot of people really enjoy Fall Out Boy?

Maybe it was just a bad day but that guy couldn't sing a lick.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Apparently a lot of people really enjoy Fall Out Boy?

Maybe it was just a bad day but that guy couldn't sing a lick.

They have a few decent songs, but it was a bad performance.

Just picked up tickets to Bryan Adams at MSG in June. Most people here probably don’t remember him or know him. Lol.

Reactions: Machinehead

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
They have a few decent songs, but it was a bad performance.

Just picked up tickets to Bryan Adams at MSG in June. Most people here probably don’t remember him or know him. Lol.
Saw him in September in Halifax. He's pretty awesome . Canada's version of Bruce Springsteen. Huge amount of hit songs and his voice is great as ever.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
i know i post a lot of Rammstein in here, but god do i hope they're back in town at least once more before they're done, b/c that's the best show i've ever been to. (Albeit QOTSA/Royal Blood & Tool both came close)

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Recently found The Black Dahlia Murder, just absolutely melts your face off. Check out the album Nocturnal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad