OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Since when has moshing turned into four or five douchebags trampling people so they can play a form of bull in the ring while pissing off 95% of the crowd?

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Skid Row is led by a Swedish front man now. Erik Gronwall. I believe he scored 36 goals in the SEL one season.

I've been on YouTube for hours. There are so many great acts from the 80s and 90s touring again post-pandemic, and it's freaking amazing.

Duran Duran sounds f***ing amazing, so does Poison, who've been touring with Def Leppard and Motley Crue (Vince Neil sounds bad, Joe Elliott not too shabby, while Brett Michaels sounds great). Dave Mustaine's voice and hand have recovered, and he's got his most stable Megadeth lineup in years, with Kiko Loureiro, they sound great. Slash is playing with G 'n' R again.

GTA playing in the back during Rio LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Cmox

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Ive been listening to Nekrogoblikon. Sorta a guilty pleasure. If you guys/ gals like melodic death metal. Definitely edgy teen lyrics but oh so catchy and fun. No bully, please

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Skid Row is led by a Swedish front man now. Erik Gronwall. I believe he scored 36 goals in the SEL one season.

I've been on YouTube for hours. There are so many great acts from the 80s and 90s touring again post-pandemic, and it's freaking amazing.

Duran Duran sounds f***ing amazing, so does Poison, who've been touring with Def Leppard and Motley Crue (Vince Neil sounds bad, Joe Elliott not too shabby, while Brett Michaels sounds great). Dave Mustaine's voice and hand have recovered, and he's got his most stable Megadeth lineup in years, with Kiko Loureiro, they sound great. Slash is playing with G 'n' R again.

GTA playing in the back during Rio LOL

Ive been watching the Hellfest sets from last month. So many oldies but goodies( hardcore, punk, metal) . The french seem to really love Agonstic Front.

Last edited:
Reactions: will1066

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Are there any places on Long Island you guys would recommend for piano lessons? Or know anyone personally who teaches?
<<< Owns a musical instrument store/music school. Stay away from the McDonald's of lesson places like The School of Rock, Bach to Rock, etc. I don't know LI well enough to suggest anyone, but depending where you are, ask around some of the local music stores. We know alllllllllllllllllllllllllll the teachers in our areas.

Reactions: Chytilmania

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Exception to every rule through a long, long career.

This video was on MTV 120 Minutes all the time back when the Rangers were in the 1994 playoffs and that summer. Great memories and I had no idea who Kathleen Hanna or Bikini Kill were back then (who is this random brunette? Is she in the band?).

They had a great career. I saw Lee Ranaldo open for The Boredoms around 2004 doing some crazy noise experimentation with a few other people. Shame it ended how it did with the divorce because they still had a lot left in the tank.

Reactions: Brief Candle

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Anyone hear the new Dead Cross, Clutch, or Show Me The Body?

I'm definitely catching up on music being away for vacation and work again in a few days.

Beth Orton put out a new album. I also really liked Becca Stevens with The Attaca Quartet, and Makaya McCraven's new releases.

I enjoyed the second Red Hot Chili Peppers album this year Return Of The Dream Canteen much more than Unlimited Love.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This video was on MTV 120 Minutes all the time back when the Rangers were in the 1994 playoffs and that summer. Great memories and I had no idea who Kathleen Hanna or Bikini Kill were back then (who is this random brunette? Is she in the band?).

They had a great career. I saw Lee Ranaldo open for The Boredoms around 2004 doing some crazy noise experimentation with a few other people. Shame it ended how it did with the divorce because they still had a lot left in the tank.
Their Goodbye 20th Century bio is very good. If you made of map of the all that band’s connections…the scenes, record labels, bands, musicians, artists, producers, culture…it’d be a big f***ing map. They were always one foot in/one foot out of everything. Avant-garde, touring with Swans (which was apparently as depressing as it sounds,) SST, Geffen. They used well-known visual artists for album covers—like most of their album covers.

Their 1986-1988 Peel Sessions* has four covers of the Fall—with the Fall. :laugh:

*Really good. I don’t know how you cover the Fall, convince Mark E. Smith to let you cover the Fall, and get him to join your cover of the Fall. Then again the Fall are another band who was always one foot in/one foot out of everything.

Or how a band that enjoyed replacing guitar picks with drumsticks and power tools gets an indie rock album added to the National Recording Registry by the Library f***ing of Congress—an indie rock album with a Gerhard Richter painting for the cover—during the same year they’re playing Fall covers at the BBC.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Speaking of that, I read Kim Gordon’s autobiography afterwards, and, suffice it to say she was not kind. :laugh:

(It was actually quite heart-wrenching, beyond the fact of the band finally succumbing to at least one rock cliché.)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Saw Arcade Fire at Barclay Center a little over a week ago. Amazing show. Have always liked the band but first time seeing them live. Music is even better. Didn’t the Rangers used to come out to “Wake Up”?

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Been listening to Vinnie Vincent Invasion lately. What an amazing guitar player he is. The first album is so over the top but I love it. Robert Fleischman's vocals are phenomenal.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Anyone got a recommendation on a brand of turntables or a specific model? I want to get a basic one for Christmas. Just to listen to records. Thanks

Reactions: Riche16

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Anyone got a recommendation on a brand of turntables or a specific model? I want to get a basic one for Christmas. Just to listen to records. Thanks
I grabbed a House of (Bob) Marley turntable a few yrs back because it looked nice and wasn't ridic expensive

It works great... sounds great, has many outputs... have it hooked up to some shelf Klipsch shelf speakers w a sep sub and the quality is nasty! (our living room is probably 30' x 30' w an open kitchen as well)

I'm sure you can go more expensive but I stand by this one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad