Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Bobby

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Yup can’t believe Campbell didn’t score tonight to break that shutout for the other team. What a bum.

tonights lose was not a Campbell problem it was a team problem

I agree Campbell wasn't the reason we lost, wasn't sure where else to vent my frustration after seeing just another game where we had the second best goalie. I know, I know, it was Sorokin this time. But we haven't been playing Vezina-calibre goalies every night

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Crappiest Part of the Team Right Now?​

• Goaltending​

• Defense​

• Bad puck and injury luck​

• Offensive depth​

• Coaching​

• GM​

• Owner​

• Bobby

​​​

YES

​​​​​​​

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74 and Cloned

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I agree Campbell wasn't the reason we lost, wasn't sure where else to vent my frustration after seeing just another game where we had the second best goalie. I know, I know, it was Sorokin this time. But we haven't been playing Vezina-calibre goalies every night
If we are not scoring we are losing. He made some key saves but the guy at the other end stood on his head

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
FWIW the Islanders had an xGF of 1.3 tonight. Got 3 anyways.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
So you are a 3/4 line player, you make a mistake and you sit on the bench. Then you watch your so called top 5 NHL player, assistant captain cough up the puck again or float back or not cover his man or make another stupid blind cross ice back hand pass or take another extra extended shift etc, etc, etc. and you still sit because he is the ( supposed) answer to getting back in the game.
Oilers are going nowhere as long as Leon continues this bullcrap.
If he wasn't Connors good buddy I'd send him packing ASAP.
Bo Horvat, signed, ++ works for me.

Reactions: ManByng

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'm not sure I agree with that either. This is still a pretty good team on many nights.

But I don't think that McDavid is the type to hold others accountable. If you asked him sincerely, he'd probably tell you he hasn't been playing his best hockey. Drai probably would too. And they wouldn't be entirely wrong.

They have high standards set for themselves. And if they don't believe that they're bringing their best game, they'll always be the first ones taking credit for the losses.
When fully healthy this team has a good top 6 and a bad everything else. With Kane out this is just the same team we saw go winless for month(s) starting around this point last season. McDavid's due to catch the flu any day now, too.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Woodcroft’s postgame presser was not good. Can’t tell if he either is in denial or thinks positivity can fix things. Our fans ripped on Tippett but he’d at least give it to you straight.

I tired of the Howdy Doody buddy buddy act a few games ago. Being your worst players best friend is not what a coach needs on their resume. Woody looks lost right now behind the bench.

Good coaches know when to compliment and also know when to kick ass. This is not complimentary moral victory time for the Oilers. There are no participation ribbons handed out. This isn't a developmental league.

Woody Doody f***ed up right from day 1 with his flaccid training camp, crap practices, has his finger on the blender which is going full tilt and now he is doing skills and drills practices like its Novice Day 1.

Zero chance Holland makes a coaching move so here's hoping Woody figures it out.

I think the players from McDavid on down believed their press clippings from this off season and came into the season mentally unprepared to compete this season.

Nothing good comes easy. This team thinks good things come easy.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Lol wasn’t offering sympathy. Just saying how impressed I was with the fans there representing on the road. EDM to Long Island isn’t a hop skip and jump.

How is the new rink? I was at the Brooklyn rink to see the Oilers play the Islanders and wasn't very impressed with the location or the rink itself. Never made it to Nassau. Want to get out there again to check the new place out!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Honestly can't believe Katz isn't dominating this vote.

Katz leads to Bobby, GM and coach.

Those three lead to all other problems - goaltending, defense, "bad luck", offensive depth.

This is a hierarchical problem. It starts at the top.

Unless you have a billion dollars lying around we are stuck with Katz for the foreseeable future.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Eh, I think Oilers have a habit of making it easy on opposition goaltenders having nights like that. I don't know that we really crashed the crease with any gusto once. Just boxed out all night trying to pass it onto the net.
50 shots while trying to pass it into the net is pretty impressive.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Man, this page has a ton of interesting comments.

And I’m not sure I can decide which ones I agree or disagree with.

That’s how you know things are bad with this team. When there is no obvious solution. But even worse, when the problem itself isn’t even obvious.

We’re f***ed.

Note my answer to the pole was YES.

Why don't these reporters ask questions us stupid fans ask? Like "gee jay do you think mixing everything up with lines every game maybe actually hurts the team?"

"Trying to find a spark"

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
My favorite part of the game was when Jay got desperate enough to put McDrai together and then put them out there with Holloway, one of two Oilers players in the game to finish without a shot on net.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
"a neutral zone trap how barbaric we will not participate against these methods"

The way this team is playing right now just drop a hard trap along with a boring 1-2-2 forecheck until they get disciplined and then slowly open things up once they get their shots and goals against down.

If a player doesn't play the system to perfection then introduce them to the popcorn vendor in the press box until further notice.

Kaptah2

Apr 30, 2020
We are right back where we were before we acquired Kane last season. The team is so top heavy it can't compete when a top 6 player is out.

Reactions: walktheboulavard

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I tired of the Howdy Doody buddy buddy act a few games ago. Being your worst players best friend is not what a coach needs on their resume. Woody looks lost right now behind the bench.

Good coaches know when to compliment and also know when to kick ass. This is not complimentary moral victory time for the Oilers. There are no participation ribbons handed out. This isn't a developmental league.

Woody Doody f***ed up right from day 1 with his flaccid training camp, crap practices, has his finger on the blender which is going full tilt and now he is doing skills and drills practices like its Novice Day 1.

Zero chance Holland makes a coaching move so here's hoping Woody figures it out.

I think the players from McDavid on down believed their press clippings from this off season and came into the season mentally unprepared to compete this season.

Nothing good comes easy. This team thinks good things come easy.
Sounds like you should be the one to make the thread…

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The way this team is playing right now just drop a hard trap along with a boring 1-2-2 forecheck until they get disciplined and then slowly open things up once they get their shots and goals against down.

If a player doesn't play the system to perfection then introduce them to the popcorn vendor in the press box until further notice.
We’d be forfeiting games due to insufficient players within a week.

• Haha

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yep. Somebody should make a list of just the gimmick stuff just for one season that the Oilers sell instead of providing the actual on ice product commensurate to the org failing for picks for a f***ing decade. This is what we get for it Oilers+ crap programming so we can hear more about the Oilers. Several of us were saying too that anytime the Oil change shit came on it preceded disaster on ice.

This org will make players shill for their streaming product, provide content, surf them out to all the autograph signings, public meets etc but anytime these docu things get started it starts putting extra demands on the players time, spreading focus, distracting, and basically telling the players that it isn't even about the games. Its about selling bucks, spurious content, and endless nostalgia.
The moment Oilers+ was announced and I saw all the raised ticket and food prices my willingness to shell out any money for this org vanished. I used to listen to post game pressers and stuff but now it’s behind a paywall? Please the millionaires don’t need more of my cash. The org likes to act like it’s some high end super good organization but it’s so busy league in so many ways. I mean; that’s Edmonton in a nutshell though.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Well I guess we are back to being a dumpster team. This whole team can go to f***ing hell.

Just fold the f***ing franchise already.
I work evenings and I’m so pissed at what I have been watching from this team that I didn’t bother recording the game. Guess I didn’t miss anything huh? 🙄
The fact that we have been trying to rebuild this team since 2010 and are still at .500 is amazing ineptitude!! Year 8 as of now for both McD and Leon and we still can’t win! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
How is the new rink? I was at the Brooklyn rink to see the Oilers play the Islanders and wasn't very impressed with the location or the rink itself. Never made it to Nassau. Want to get out there again to check the new place out!
New rink is incredible! UBS arena is gorgeous and has all the amenities you could ask for!

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Fire wagon hockey is fine however you need a minimum level of defence, something which we don’t have right now system wise or player wise.

Only real bright side is every play on the team HAS been better than this
We can't even play fireband hockey because our dcore cannot handle any pressure, break the puck out, or skate themselves out of danger. Another game of us throwing the puck out of the zone to the other team with no purpose because it's straight panic attacks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We can't even play fireband hockey because our dcore cannot handle any pressure, break the puck out, or skate themselves out of danger. Another game of us throwing the puck out of the zone to the other team with no purpose because it's straight panic attacks
Honestly the forwards are a big problem. They’re not moving or positioning themselves to move as a unit. It should be two easy passes to transition out of the zone. Instead it’s often one easy pass and one incredibly risky pass, or sometimes no easy pass outlets at all.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad